[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.229 On Air: An Absolute Unit Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Client and latency stability is GARBAGE

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 5,805
Posts: 881
Member
edited January 2017 in Rants and Raves
Since the start of V Patch until now it showcases the quality of the game to many returning and new players. It's garbage, I'll give you that.

The client itself can't even maintain without somehow crashing in the process of logging in or even staying on for the first few minutes.

Latency has become worse having simple operations such as looting, killing, etc. taking abnormal times to a whole new level. 2x EXP & Drop Event by itself somehow makes it many times worse.

Events such as Daily/Weekly Haste, Moon Bunny Rice Cakes caused a ton of issues with client stability causing temporary freezes from updating counters.

If you can't even keep your current player-base, even the V Patch wouldn't bring in new players for it to be beneficial in the long run when they can't even play the game. I know it's a decade old game and that things get outdated and messy, but stability should never be excused. Why would a majority use it if it doesn't even preform it's functions properly or have an outrageous delay?

It's pathetic how a majority of other games this old are still running at decent or above par conditions and MapleStory isn't one of them. Good updates won't benefit in the long run and the V Patch has proved that to a massively huge extent. And that comes even before we mention bugs, hacking, and exploitation.

It's laughably sad. It should be shameful to have the game in such a condition. It would be nice if my game wouldn't randomly close, having a pop-up that "MapleStory has Stopped working", game closes with "You cannot access the game for the following...", or with the Maple Administrator "You have been blocked by Police GMMapleStory for the HACK reason".
JettLuvsUFennekinMekNarpsNishijimaStéphyLilyflowerAkenoChanYonaxRikoLattéand 1 other.

Comments

  • TribalStarTribalStar
    Reactions: 1,015
    Posts: 65
    Member
    edited January 2017
    I agree mine crashed on magnus, not impressed, I tried reinstalling and nothing, sometimes I log in 20 times, its like cubing lol
  • jkljkl
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 12
    Member
    edited February 2017
    can't really train today after the new update for mardi gras too laggy guess i'll have to wait until tomorrow to try and train
  • NarpsNarps
    Reactions: 540
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Hey now, don't post something the forum moderators don't like, they'll lock it and keep you from having an opinion.
    jklmyyybaad
  • myyybaadmyyybaad
    Reactions: 1,135
    Posts: 38
    Member
    edited February 2017
    yeah, i bet they will lock you because they know it's the truth and they are not probably going to fix it.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 5,805
    Posts: 881
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Narps wrote: »
    Hey now, don't post something the forum moderators don't like, they'll lock it and keep you from having an opinion.
    myyybaad wrote: »
    yeah, i bet they will lock you because they know it's the truth and they are not probably going to fix it.

    If that's what it takes for a thread to be locked, well it seems like they can't even handle criticism anymore. Instead of hiding in the shadows which is neterual, and instead trying to silence others is just being aggressive for the wrong reasons. I mean v.181.1.0 proves again how poorly maintained the game is if the last decade wasn't a good enough example.

    As long as I think I'm within reason, I'll continue to post until my very last. This type of performance and maintenance is simply in-excusable:

    - Game data may not save.
    - Unable to connect bug.
    - Unable to click anything during world select.
    - Storage/Cash Shop/Auction House Broken.

    And those are just newer problems instead of other existing ones or real "legacy" issues. You cannot have an open mind when the proof is directly in-front of you. But comments need to be within a standard that doesn't go overboard. It's unfair for us of a majority of players to be treated with such harsh conditions when we decide to stick around instead of move onto more stable games regardless if they're old or new.

    We the players can only report the instances of errors and bugs. The ones who can fix it is Nexon, and so far we aren't even getting anything mediocre. It's quite almost literally trash service.
  • OthidistOthidist
    Reactions: 685
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Well I for one am glad our glorious leaders have blessed us with an announcement that they are aware of the situation at hand. Speaking of hands, on the other hand, this thread title reminds me of the Dennis Quaid explodes video.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 5,805
    Posts: 881
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Othidist wrote: »
    Well I for one am glad our glorious leaders have blessed us with an announcement that they are aware of the situation at hand. Speaking of hands, on the other hand, this thread title reminds me of the Dennis Quaid explodes video.

    I think your blessings were a bit too early. These are the threads AFTER the Unscheduled Game Update:
    - ID logged in
    - Uhh, I can't select a channel to log in.
    - THAT ID IS ALREADY LOG IN
    - Annnnnd were back to (UNABLE TO CLICK SERVER)
  • OthidistOthidist
    Reactions: 685
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited February 2017
    You won't want my world famous guacamole with that much salt already on your plate.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 5,805
    Posts: 881
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Othidist wrote: »
    You won't want my world famous guacamole with that much salt already on your plate.
    If your point is to de-rail this thread you aren't getting that far. If you don't have anything constructive besides flame-baiting you should step out of this thread.
    ---
    On another note the servers went garbage tier again. The lag is unbearable and quite literally unplayable. These types of inconveniences is exactly why the player-base is so negative. Great game, extremely poor service. Bad. Sad.

    Chu Chu Party Quest, kill mobs 10 etc items drop. Can't loot even 1 item.
    Bossing... no comment.
    Did I mention that it takes at least 10 seconds for the mobs to register dead one by one?

    Like this isn't even considered a standard or under-standard. If this was every other online game this would be marked as a major issue that should be investigated and fixed ASAP once they figured out the root cause.

    Unfortunately that ISN'T the case as we've had these issues ever since V Patch. Imagine how many returning players and new players would have quit by now because of this "inconvenience". I dare to say that there was a loss instead of a gain for the community, and if there was any gain, we gained more botters and hackers instead of real players. Because Nexon isn't taking enough action to getting any sort of issue resolved at any standard level.

    It's laughably pathetic how many people have reported all sorts of issues with little to no resolve. The best resolve we may ever get is that "this is being looked into" without any other response after that. That has been happening for years if not a decade already, and that's only the surface of problems.
    JettLuvsURikoLatté
  • CobainCobain
    Reactions: 780
    Posts: 37
    Member
    edited February 2017
    You also have to factor in, what goes on at Nexon that may or may not be causing the delays. The game that we have, Nexon gets the code from the KMS devs. The code needs to be translated into English (which is difficult and tedious (time consuming)) Then, they have to make sure the code works in the GMS servers (which can also be tedious). Then you have to factor in, do all the devs/coders know Korean? How many Devs/Coders know Korean?
    You also have to factor in, there are how many devs to players? Not all eventualities can be accounted for at all times. A more in depth process of testing could help prevent these issues but that can't always be done as that costs a lot of money and time to do.
    You are all quick to bash nexon when in all actuality, are you a coder? do you know what goes on day to day at nexon? are you involved in the dev/coding process for the game? I mean, if I was being bashed all the time, I would be less likely to fix an issue too. Calm down, have patience. Things take time, especially coding. It's not an easy process.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,640
    Posts: 6,153
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Cobain wrote: »
    You also have to factor in, what goes on at Nexon that may or may not be causing the delays. The game that we have, Nexon gets the code from the KMS devs. The code needs to be translated into English (which is difficult and tedious (time consuming)) Then, they have to make sure the code works in the GMS servers (which can also be tedious). Then you have to factor in, do all the devs/coders know Korean? How many Devs/Coders know Korean?

    All the devs/coders know Korean because the entire GMS dev team is, in fact, part of Nexon Korea and located in Seoul along with the KMS developers.
    Also, the code doesn't need to be translated into English, only the text strings do. The logic (algorithms, etc) is already in English - well, C++, but that's written using the Roman alphabet.

    As for merging the new update with GMS code - that's why we have to wait six months for anything to reach us. That's plenty of time for merging and testing, at least if one has the correct tools and personnel.
    Cobain wrote: »
    You also have to factor in, there are how many devs to players? Not all eventualities can be accounted for at all times. A more in depth process of testing could help prevent these issues but that can't always be done as that costs a lot of money and time to do.

    Yes, well, that is what we are complaining about. Nexon management (in Korea and in America) doesn't care enough about player satisfaction to hire enough devs, testers, GMs, and other staff. Or they don't hire good enough people for these jobs. And they don't provide them with proper tools for doing their jobs efficiently.
    Cobain wrote: »
    You are all quick to bash nexon when in all actuality, are you a coder? do you know what goes on day to day at nexon? are you involved in the dev/coding process for the game? I mean, if I was being bashed all the time, I would be less likely to fix an issue too. Calm down, have patience. Things take time, especially coding. It's not an easy process.

    Yes, I am a programmer.
    However, that is completely irrelevant.
    If I go to a restaurant and they serve the food late and badly prepared, I don't want to hear excuses about how the cook doesn't speak English or they don't have enough stoves. I can and should complain, write bad reviews on the appropriate websites, inform my friends the place is bad, and of course never go there again.
    If I did all that would you tell me, "But can you cook any better?" Of course you wouldn't. Customers have a right to expect a certain level of service and product quality from anyone who sells said service or product. Why shouldn't that apply to a game company?
    LilyflowerRikoLattéfoussiremix