[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Do you think pink bean class should be permanent?

Dark20Dark20
Reactions: 1,060
edited February 2017 in General Chat
I think that would be awesome since everyone can play as pink bean without missing out on it.
  1. Do you think pink bean class should be permanent?25 votes
    1. Yes
       44% (11 votes)
    2. No
       56% (14 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Do you think all events should be permanent, so everyone can participate without missing out on them?

You were on a break when this event was released. Deal with it. Move on.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Do you think all events should be permanent, so everyone can participate without missing out on them?

It's a class though..... not like every event.

For me I would like to see it permanent I reached 200 on mine. But I would like to see more character slots first.
    Dark20
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited February 2017

It's a class though..... not like every event.

For me I would like to see it permanent I reached 200 on mine. But I would like to see more character slots first.

Yeah me too. It's a class, not an event. Why not make it permanent?
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited February 2017
    Now if only there was some way to convince nexon to make it permanent........

But knowing nexon, they're not gonna do it....... they're nexon after all.......
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    It's a toy class.
    Its appearance is fixed, you can't see what equips you're wearing and you can't use any cosmetics.
    It has maybe half a dozen skills all told, no job advancements as such, can't learn professions, and of course no 5th job.
    It can't use storage or Cash Shop.
    It's completely unbalanced, with artificial damage and exp multipliers to make it not too grindy to level up.

It's fun to play for a month, but it's nowhere near usable as a real class.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited February 2017
    It's a toy class.
    Its appearance is fixed, you can't see what equips you're wearing and you can't use any cosmetics.
    It has maybe half a dozen skills all told, no job advancements as such, can't learn professions, and of course no 5th job.
    It's completely unbalanced, with artificial damage and exp multipliers to make it not too grindy to level up.

Then fix it nexon. Change it into a permanent class. Add job advancements to it. Or are they too lazy to even do that?

Face it nexon. You're finished.......
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Dark20 wrote: »
    It's a toy class.

Then fix it nexon. Change it into a permanent class. Add job advancements to it. Or are they too lazy to even do that?

Face it nexon. You're finished.......

It doesn't need fixing, it's not broken.
    It was intended as a toy, as a fun event for enjoyment and for rewards for your other characters. And for that purpose, it was perfect.
    Just because you'd like it to be something else doesn't make it broken, nor does it make Nexon lazy if they don't want to change it.

• scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited February 2017
    Pink Bean is certainly one of the more quirky playable characters to play as with funny-cutesy skill animations. That having been said, there really is no general value in keeping the little guy around. PB provides no real innovations in MS game mechanics, and his playstyle tends to grow stale rather quickly.

Having PB around as an event is perfectly fine, but let's not have the little guy overstay his welcome.
    CobainCatooolooo
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Pink Bean is certainly one of the more quirky playable characters to play as with funny-cutesy skill animations. That having been said, there really is no general value in keeping the little guy around. PB provides no real innovations in MS game mechanics, and his playstyle tends to grow stale rather quickly.

Having PB around as an event is perfectly fine, but let's not have the little guy overstay his welcome.

This guy gets it. It was fun while it lasted, but was otherwise horribly boring to play. I've never seen a single person who hit 200 on their PB during the event who said "wow that was fun I hope they make these permanent". Rather, most of what I saw was "OH GOD I'M FINALLY DONE WITH THIS NIGHTMARE"
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »

This guy gets it. It was fun while it lasted, but was otherwise horribly boring to play. I've never seen a single person who hit 200 on their PB during the event who said "wow that was fun I hope they make these permanent". Rather, most of what I saw was "OH GOD I'M FINALLY DONE WITH THIS NIGHTMARE"

i loved pink bean, fight me nerd :^)
    JettLuvsU
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited February 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »

i loved pink bean, fight me nerd :^)

So? Make it better. Classes can be changed to be made into a better more fun class. Pink bean can have job advancements too. This sways away from the typical legends or tempest classes.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    They actually added more skills in the second coming of pink bean in KMS which we never received . Sure it wasn't the most fun class but not all classes are fun, It could always be improved upon if it was made permanent.
    Dark20
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited February 2017
    They actually added more skills in the second coming of pink bean in KMS which we never received . Sure it wasn't the most fun class but not all classes are fun, It could always be improved upon if it was made permanent.

Exactly. Too bad nexon is too lazy making money instead of fixing things.
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited February 2017
    It was a pretty fun event. I don't see why it shouldn't be re released.
    Dark20
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017
    Asylum wrote: »

As an event? Sure! As permanent content? No.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited February 2017

I disagree.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017
    Dark20 wrote: »

I disagree.

What makes you believe that event content should be added to the game as permanent content?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017
    It's a class made for the purposes of being an event.

they wanted to have an event that wasnt just "kill 500 this" or "collect 3000 of that" the Pinkbean event makes a really good contrast to the bland kill and collect events we constantly have, just because it's a playable character doen't mean it needs to be permanent content.

it's like saying we need this valentines day events to become permanent cause they give useful buffs, or we need maplehood watch to become permanent content because it gives us things that we may want.
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited February 2017
    I don't want Pink Bean as permanent content. It was no fun to play (and everyone who got it to level 200 kept megaphoning that they were GLAD to be done), it was OP, and really adds nothing to the world of Maplestory. It didn't even have a story past level 10. As an event, it's an OK distraction. But as a class, NO. The resources used to develop a monster into a class that adds nothing to the story could be used to make another class that adds something to the game. Not just some LOL class. It can stay an event class.
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited February 2017

Yeah, I forgot about that part.