[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

MVP system

bumbertyrbumbertyr
Reactions: 6,610
Nexon
edited February 2017 in General Chat
It looks like we're getting it
how it works in kms
https://orangemushroom.net/2015/11/13/kms-ver-1-2-248-heroes-of-maple-reborn/

Your MVP Bronze rank will be based on cumulative Nexon Cash spent, once you achieve a rank you cannot go down. On the other hand, based on the amount of Nexon Cash you’ve spent in the last 3 months, you might be given an MVP Special rank.
•Bronze I: 10,000 Nexon Cash (cumulative)
•Bronze II: 100,000 Nexon Cash (cumulative)
•Bronze III: 200,000 Nexon Cash (cumulative)
•Bronze IV: 300,000 Nexon Cash (cumulative)
•Silver: 300,000 Nexon Cash (in the past 3 months)
•Gold: 600,000 Nexon Cash (in the past 3 months)
•Diamond: 900,000 Nexon Cash (in the past 3 months)

you're essentially paying a 300$ monthly subscription fee in order to get diamond rank.
The benefits for diamond gold and silver over in KMS

•MVP Superpower Buff (30 minutes): 30 attack and magic attack [1]
•MVP Healing Potion: 10,000 HP and MP [50]
•MVP Megaphone: effect is based on rank [3/4/5]
•Mu Lung Mind and Body Training Centre Charm [3 hours/6 hours/12 hours]
•MVP Plus EXP Buff (30 minutes): +50% experience [1/2/3]
•MVP Teleport World Map: 5 minute cooldown [1/1/1]
•MVP Only Mu Lung Dojo Entrance Coupon: lets you increase Mu Lung Dojo’s daily entry limit by 1 [1/1/1]
•Monster Park REBORN Discount Entry Coupon: lowers the Maple Points cost of entering Monster Park REBORN [1/2/3]

•MVP Title: [MVP Silver (5 attack and magic attack, 7 all stats, 500 HP and MP)/MVP Gold (7 attack and magic attack, 8 all stats, 500 HP and MP, 5 speed)/MVP Diamond (10 attack and magic attack, 10 all stats, 500 HP and MP, 5 speed, 6% defense ignore)]
•Maple Points Coupons: [3,000/6,000/9,000]
•MVP Nametag Ring/Chat Bubble Ring: effect is based on rank
•MVP Special Only Damage Skin
•Damage Skin Storage Scroll
•MVP Special Cape [X/Shine Noblesse/Eternal Noblesse]
•MVP Medal [X/Born to be Gold (3 attack and magic attack, 3 all stats, 5 jump)/Born to be Diamond (5 attack and magic attack, 5 all stats, 500 HP and MP, 7 jump)]
•MVP Diamond Only Hired Merchant [X/X/MVP Diamond Shop]
•MVP Diamond Only Char [X/X/Glow Spell]
Based on the MVP Special rank, they’ll receive Star Force enhancement cost discounts. 3% for Silver, 5% for Gold, and 10% for Diamond.
MVP Specials will receive premium benefits in the Auction House, including no search limits, increase in buying/selling slots, usage of the advanced combo box search, increased auction duration, and a lowered tax.

I hope it won't be exactly the same.

Comments

• MrHellbannMrHellbann
    Reactions: 780
    edited February 2017
    I thought people want the same content as Kms?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    Basically, if you're not already throwing $300 a month at this game, don't start doing it just for this.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited February 2017
    What on earth would you even spend 900$ on? You would pretty much end game a character instantly with that kind of money.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    Come on guys, let's support Nexon and purchase nx. That way, they can have more money to help get rid of lag and other issues. It's a win/win for everyone.
    POXPOWER
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2017
    Come on guys, let's support Nexon and purchase nx. That way, they can have more money to help get rid of lag and other issues. It's a win/win for everyone.

No thanks...Ill stick to Reboot.
    POXPOWER
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    MrHellbann wrote: »

True, but we also want it to be changed to actually appeal to us as a playerbase.
    Bahamut_X
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »

True, but we also want it to be changed to actually appeal to us as a playerbase.

Probably not a coincidence that we're getting this at a time when we have no CM.
    We know Nexon loves paying customers more, but they don't have to rub our noses in it. "MVP" indeed.
    But hey, if they think this'll make them more money...
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited February 2017

People want more flames, 25star than this kind of content...., but NexonNa don't want to put those(they could at least revamp nebulite system).

This content isn't that important for most players, and in the past you would get nothing from buying nx, so that's not bad, if you buy a lot of a product you have a discount, so i guess getting stuff can count as one.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »

People want more flames, 25star than this kind of content...., but NexonNa don't want to put those(they could at least revamp nebulite system).

This content isn't that important for most players, and in the past you would get nothing from buying nx, so that's not bad, if you buy a lot of a product you have a discount, so i guess getting stuff can count as one.

First of all, buying stuff already gives you great benefits in the game. You know, the whole Pay2Win and Pay2WinFaster thing? You pay NX, you get stronger. It's not like you donate NX to Nexon out of the goodness of your heart, and now is about time they showed some gratitude.

Also, you already get Reward Points for spending NX, and you can use those Reward Points to get discounts.
    They could improve the Reward Points system - for example, give them on package purchases and allow using them for a discount on packages as well - instead of adding this much more blatant preferential treatment of big spenders.

We also have the Golden Snails program, which gives big spenders some benefits (such as getting Prepaid NX when using Paypal/CreditCard), but is something of a "secret club" instead of being advertised so widely like this MVP thing.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    The MVP system can be considered benefits for consistent patronage. It isn't demanding that every user spend to climb the ranks - it is nice rewards for anyone already engaging in such activity. Very few people will have anything of the higher tiers, but that wouldn't be the point, would it?
    JettLuvsU
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    None of this seems too bad IMO. The title maybe, but if you're spending that much on the game, chances are you can solo CRA and get that title instead lol. And maybe the Star Force discounts? Never been to the training center though so I dunno if it's some OP thingy.

Could be worse, they could give an MVP buff that gives 50% damage, 25% boss, 25% crit lmao. Now that would be a slap in the face.

The healing potions are pretty funny lol. Unless they can be used with no cooldown, or in places that don't usually allow them (dojo, cwk jqs, etc).
    inukiroya
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited February 2017
    tbh the rewards are nice but not that extreme. It's not like you're going to get the best endgame gears by getting to Diamond MVP rank.
    JettLuvsU
  • PandaFrostPandaFrost
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited February 2017
    Are the Special rank rewards permanent?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    PandaFrost wrote: »
    Are the Special rank rewards permanent?

No, you need to re-earn them every month. That's the whole point behind the "special" ranks being only about recent spending.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited February 2017
    does paying 900 in the 3 months mean u get title forever? or for the next 3 months?
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited February 2017
    If NX sellers start to care about MVP, maybe they will stop selling to other players? :O Who knows! I can't wait to see this effect happening.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »
    If NX sellers start to care about MVP, maybe they will stop selling to other players? :O Who knows! I can't wait to see this effect happening.

doubt it, it might make people buy more NX codes illicitly
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    BIackbean wrote: »
    does paying 900 in the 3 months mean u get title forever? or for the next 3 months?
    The next 3 months.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    They would rather put in systems like this instead of working more on fixes just says it all doesn't it?
    DiscordOfColors
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017
    They would rather put in systems like this instead of working more on fixes just says it all doesn't it?

Eh, they're just giving whales rewards for being whales. Can't say I blame them, really. It's not that big of a deal to me, personally. Also, I've seen some improvements elsewhere and seem to be crashing less. Not entirely perfect, but things are getting better, imo. Also, players had their wishes respected of no 2x (lag) weekend events and they seem to be slipping us 1 hour 2x coupons here and there instead. That's a pretty big deal and step forward, if you ask me. That's not to say they don't need to give some much due attention to many other things, but hey, what we are seeing thus far is better than nothing at all.
    Bahamut_X
This discussion has been closed.