[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Random mob

xMuramasaxMuramasa
Reactions: 650
edited March 2017 in General Chat
So while doing all my dailies, i noticed on maps there is a single mob not necessarily of the same type, zipping around in the air - is this some sort of anti bot feature? it hits much harder than the regular mobs and there is only 1 that appears every so often.

Comments

• BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    Pretty sure it's put in place to discourage AFK training and such. I noticed it puts that anti-potion use status on and knocks you off ladders/ropes.
    Nyara
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Eyyy, was also wondering lol. Yeah, one of the darn things killed me cuz I wasn't paying attention...
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    edited March 2017
    I like it, step in the right direction :)
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited March 2017
    Pretty sure it's put in place to discourage AFK training and such. I noticed it puts that anti-potion use status on and knocks you off ladders/ropes.
    Players who AFK trains (those Macro botters), they will kill all the mobs including the floating Lantern. Even if they got Potion Lock and received some damage. The floating mob will die and after Potion Lock is gone, he will just heal up his HP. The regular mobs in the map won't hurt the botter (at least not in Arcane River, but it in Dark World Tree it can kill the botter if there is no godmode). I have seen some of these players die in Vanishing Journey by Elite Bosses and they respawned in town and continued botting in towns.

If you ask me, by adding the floating mob, this kind of change hurts normal players more than it hurts botters and it definitely won't hurt the godmode hackers. Now all the normal players can't go afk for a few minutes (to open the door, to make a call etc.) in the map because this mob will do damage and lock your potion and eventually kill you.

We need to hide in CS, AH, Farm, town or other places where it is safe.

I know there needs to be a solution to botters, hackers and other kind of cheaters but this is definitely not the right action.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    This is not intended against botters but against people who truly afk (as in, hang on a rope and leave their computer). Apparently KMS has some kind of social issue with those. Here in GMS it works against Kanna and HS mules, which even if people operate them manually (which is completely legitimate) will likely die if the player doesn't look at that computer often enough.
    Nyara
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    This is not intended against botters but against people who truly afk (as in, hang on a rope and leave their computer). Apparently KMS has some kind of social issue with those. Here in GMS it works against Kanna and HS mules, which even if people operate them manually (which is completely legitimate) will likely die if the player doesn't look at that computer often enough.

Ah ok, then it will kill that part for the Kanna and HS mules while others still cheat their way to the top and obtain items.

I gotta test Kanna after the USC how much damage it receives. Bishop only took 9xx dmg but it ignores Magic Guard. My NL took 5k dmg.
  • DemonluckDemonluck
    Reactions: 615
    edited March 2017
    this gone to piss a lot of plp off when they how to afk of a bit i can see this back fire at they so hard to the point they how to remove it after the 1st week or 2 i will do not see how this gone to help gms all i can see that this will just piss plp off if they will how to afk of a bit
  • Kat27Kat27
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited March 2017
    Oh wow this sounds really really terrible. I sometimes like to play a productivity game where I kill some monsters then afk to do work/schoolwork then come back. This will doom that T-T. For that matter, what about bathroom breaks? I can't leave a Slurpy map unattended for those or I will lose it.
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited March 2017
    As a Demon Avenger, Frenzy mode On for more damage in Arcane River as HP is about 1% and normal mobs hit 1 damage. BAM, a floating thing spawns, you die after. GGWP NX.
    Argent
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited March 2017
    PonPon wrote: »
    As a Demon Avenger, Frenzy mode On for more damage in Arcane River as HP is about 1% and normal mobs hit 1 damage. BAM, a floating thing spawns, you die after. GGWP NX.

Yep, this happened to me last night. HTR to a map to do my dailies and got insta-killed. If they want to leave the new mobs in fine, but Demon Frenzy is going to need a buff so we aren't running around with 1-2k hp. As it stands now, it's probably too dangerous for lots of DA's to use their 5th job skill...
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited March 2017
    It does 10% damage...

I login on my Hero today, and I died when I am looking at my reward box.

It's funny how far they go to combat these Kanna mules when they already introduced game breaking crap like frenzy totem.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited March 2017
    Demonluck wrote: »
    this gone to piss a lot of plp off when they how to afk of a bit i can see this back fire at they so hard to the point they how to remove it after the 1st week or 2 i will do not see how this gone to help gms all i can see that this will just piss plp off if they will how to afk of a bit
    not gona go anywhere, it's from KMS son.
  • NyaraNyara
    Reactions: 665
    edited March 2017
    I recommend installing the Decent Mystic Door skill node so you can comeback to the town, go to the bathroom or whever your brb reason was and then comeback to your map quickly thorugh the door. Personally I find this annoying, but I guess I gotta deal with it.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Nyara wrote: »
    I recommend installing the Decent Mystic Door skill node so you can comeback to the town, go to the bathroom or whever your brb reason was and then comeback to your map quickly thorugh the door. Personally I find this annoying, but I guess I gotta deal with it.

You're gonna have to stock up on Magic Rocks though.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    It's a solution. However, it's not exactly the best solution, because it punishes humans for being human and needing to AFK once in a while. Not every one is a god damn kanna or HS mule, Nexon.

Also, 5 minutes is a bit too often in my opinion. If it were 10 minute gap spawn, we could work with it a lot easier. I've just been using the cash shop lately to avoid it if I know I'll be gone longer than 5 minutes, but then you get those untimely random map hunters inevitably coming in at *just* the right moment and thinking the map was totally vacant and available, which technically yes, but it's not cool to force this type of 'solution' on every one.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    It's funny how far they go to combat these Kanna mules when they already introduced game breaking crap like frenzy totem.

Bingo!
    Your Kanna mule keeps dying to these new anti-afk mobs?
    We have just the solution!
    Drop some (okay, a LOT) $$ on these here Philosopher's Books, and (maybe) you can kishin yourself without her!
    NyaraFennekin
  • DemonluckDemonluck
    Reactions: 615
    edited March 2017
    so that what that was when i see somebody use it a few day ago the frenzy totern so it just a kanna skll just of your self who the hell will buy that if u can just get a kanna that not a mule or afk so this will not make nexon any money if it do i think that guy need to re think about how to use nx
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    The pot lock is really excessive. I'm fine with annoying mobs knocking my kanna around and keeping me on my toes, but the pot lock is a guaranteed killer even just passing through maps.
    I was doing the chu chu prequests and died 5 times trying to get to the last map, just because of pot lock and how they have a ridiculous amount of HP for what they're designed to do. I was ultimately forced to guild-tele myself in, and even then it was a close call.

It's not like it'll actually prevent the real afkers since they probably just use godmode for their mules anyway.
  • uzumakialiuzumakiali
    Reactions: 640
    edited February 2018
    actually i have died about 10 times with this mobs right now As a Da i have to purchase daily buff freezers and other death savers so i can keep farming for about 60min per day and dont lose my 2x buffs lol thnx nexon hope they do something about demonic frenzy in next updates otherwise i dont know how to farm

Moderator Note: Please do not bump old threads.
This discussion has been closed.