[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

#FreeAggraphine

MaryseMaryse
Reactions: 6,640
edited April 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
If you say something about the community, the staff or just anything negative about the game on another forum other than the official forum, you shouldn't come onto the forums to find yourself banned, even if the only warning you've ever gotten was for a stupid joke you made.

Unfortunately, not all of us is of that mindset, and this is why @Aggraphine was banned.
This is not okay.

Reddit thread.
FennekinNiightseekerJettLuvsUKeyan the EvanAKradianTubaPetalmagicKThxBaiNaoRenniforumsareannoyingand 5 others.

Comments

• NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited April 2017
    this is why nexon needs to hire me
    because i don't get my pantsu in a twist over jokes and know that reddit =/= maple forums

edit: and now i await my inevitable ban because i dare speak out against our nexon gods
    Maryse
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I really hope it's just a bad April Fool's joke (not by you, Maryse, but by Arwoo and Aggraphine).
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited April 2017
    I don't think so, he's pretty angry.
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 2,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Their job is to moderate this forum, not a forum outside of this forum, not anything outside of this forum, this was just a misuse of power in my eyes.

If it were posted on this forum, and it was against the rules it'd be sensible to ban them, if it were posted on anywhere else, then no, that's like an attempt to silence an opinion (assuming the person cares about their forum account.)
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited April 2017
    Aggraphine has come across somewhat rude in the past, BUT he has good intentions for the players and the game itself, and even though his replies can sometimes come across rude or harsh, I think banning him is absolutely unnecessary and unfair. The forums are made for discussion. It doesn't matter if it's positive feed back, criticism, or expressing your disappointment, players should be able to express how they feel without being banned. I've been warned about 4 times by mods for petty jokes I've made, and if I get 1 more warning I'll be banned just like him and I think it's completely unfair.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Well. It's no longer April 1st anywhere in the world, and Aggraphine is still banned.

So, let me see if I understand this correctly:
    1. Arwoo created a new subcategory in the forums (which I never noticed because the two threads stickied in it didn't show up on Recent Discussions).
    2. The new subcategory was announced on r/Maplestory .
    3. Several people objected to the addition; Neospector and MegaScience defended it, as did Arwoo himself. So far, pretty normal for the subreddit.
    4. One of the objecting people was Aggraphine, who expressed his dissatisfaction with this addition, and Arwoo's entire handling of the forum structure, in fairly strong language.
    5. Aggraphine was banned from the forums, presumably for what he said on reddit. At least we assume that is the reason. Neither Neospector or MegaScience suggested there might be another reason, in the thread Aggraphine created to inform the subreddit of his ban. In fact, neither of the VFMs defended this ban. Neospector said he's not taking sides and MegaScience said both sides overreacted.

TL;DR: The second-most-active contributor to these forums, who (according to what Maryse said above) only had one warning before, was banned from the forums for something he said on reddit.

This seems like a very ... interesting ... way to go about "building a community".
    I wonder whether @OneLetter , and Nexon in general, approves of Arwoo's methods.
    Keyan the EvanNiightseekerTubaCatoooloooMaryseFennekinIts2Sharp4Uscholar624Booberpuppy
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    This seems like a very ... interesting ... way to go about "building a community".
    I wonder whether @OneLetter , and Nexon in general, approves of Arwoo's methods.

"I can understand that you're not quite satisfied with the decision our community manager has set in place for these types of discussion. Please understand that our Community Manager is the representative for Nexon's decisions regarding this matter, and we will not be able to revert this for your current case."

^That's the main part of the response Aggraphine got on the ticket he submitted about the ban. It doesn't really set a very good precedent...
    Tuba
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017

"I can understand that you're not quite satisfied with the decision our community manager has set in place for these types of discussion. Please understand that our Community Manager is the representative for Nexon's decisions regarding this matter, and we will not be able to revert this for your current case."

^That's the main part of the response Aggraphine got on the ticket he submitted about the ban. It doesn't really set a very good precedent...

Customer Support, the people who answer tickets, obviously have no authority to overturn the CM's decision. I am kind of surprised they even have a scripted response for complaints about forum bans, tbh. But it doesn't change the fact that it is a meaningless scripted response.

However, the Chief CM does have the authority to overturn a CM's decision - or, for that matter, to send a CM packing.
    So, I would still like to hear from Arwoo's boss whether this is company policy and we must all refrain from criticizing Nexon or backtalking to any of its employees in any venue, if we want to be allowed into these most privileged forums.
    NiightseekerTuba
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited April 2017
    ...I shoulda gotten that dang job...I miss Aggraphine already...reminds me of a time on Mabinogi forums...-shudders-
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited April 2017
    *snip quote*
    Yep, that sums it up very well.
    Thank you for that.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    Greetings everyone!

Keep in mind that there is a difference between criticism and abusive behavior.
    While we welcome players to give constructive criticism, we do not tolerate harassment or abusive behavior towards any of our players or staff.

The result of this particular forum account's ban was due to their abusive behavior across various platforms and failure to comply with our rules.

If a player treats others respectfully here, but treats others abusively on another platform, there will be consequences. If a player is found spreading the use illegitimate programs on another channel but never posts here, there will be consequences.

You as the person represents your forum account. Don't be confused into thinking that it works only the other way around.

Forum bans are rarely the result of a single action and are the result of an accumulation of offensive behavior or abusive actions.

We will not be appealing the ban for this particular account at this time.
    In the future, please do not create threads regarding banned individuals on the forums.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~
    JettLuvsUDarkPassenger
This discussion has been closed.