[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How to get rid of botters

Comments

• QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited March 2017
    How did one clickbait turn into a huge conversasion
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

It's a hot topic.
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    edited April 2017
    I think I figured out how to stop those spam bots...... you have to get summoning bags and spawn them near the botters and wait for the mobs to kill them (btw I haven't tested this out because I'm not sure how you can get summoning bags but you guys can try it out if you know where to get summoning bags)
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017

It's a hot topic.

sweep_under_rug.jpg?w=700
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    But for my the case is all the GMs from EMS are swoped to CA, But when they were there I never saw the hackers or spammers. Because they were constantly checking if Sleepy wasn't Neko was or Chaos or ....

It was so quiet
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Okhura wrote: »

I'd highly recommend players to submit a ticket if you have evidence such as:
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    1nPtUSA.png

The community team cannot ban in-game accounts or characters.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~

*ahem*

1h8j5y.jpg
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    edited April 2017
    Mayetala wrote: »
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Okhura wrote: »

I'd highly recommend players to submit a ticket if you have evidence such as:
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    1nPtUSA.png

The community team cannot ban in-game accounts or characters.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~

*ahem*

1h8j5y.jpg

LOL
  • WildFreekWildFreek
    Reactions: 1,445
    edited April 2017
    The problem is, what number does 8k accounts mean? It's basically 0 if all those 8k banned hackers just instantly create new characters on new accounts. There needs to be more action taken from a different point of view. As you're banning 8k+ accounts weekly those 8k+ accounts are hacker generated each week and there, somehow, has to be thought of a solution to stop them from recreating their accounts.
    JettLuvsU
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    edited April 2017
    LF> botter detecting system
    Bahamut_X
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I really think there needs to be a conversation or exploration of innovative ways of allowing the community to deal with the botters and hackers. Possibly revisit the lie detector captcha system. There's got to be a better solution than reporting a player and watching them bot to 250 for 3 months.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited April 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I really think there needs to be a conversation or exploration of innovative ways of allowing the community to deal with the botters and hackers. Possibly revisit the lie detector captcha system. There's got to be a better solution than reporting a player and watching them bot to 250 for 3 months.

I had an idea for this. Obviously this isn't a perfected system, but it might be a nice base though :).
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10943/the-inspectors
    Inspecter Report System

Every player, if willing, will be asked to review a certain live report(a report by another player) once in a while, and be a Inspector.

We will do this if the Inspector (player) accepts to review a report. The Inspector will be moved to the particular location of the player who is reporting someone.
    The Inspector has 30 seconds to make up his verdict, after that the Inspector will be moved back to their original location and will be asked to submit their verdict.

Inspectors can choose between a 2 options:
    1. Insufficient Proof
    2. Evident Beyond a Reasonable Doubt

If an Inspector clicked option 2 a new window will popup which checks if the reason of the verdict is the same as the original report.
    (This has to be same, otherwise it will count as Insufficient Proof.)
    1. Curse/Inappropriate Conduct
    2. Report Use of Illegal Program
    3. Advertising
    4. Impersonating GM

(The other options from normal in game reporting are not included because they need more investigation then a 30 seconds frame, these kind of reports are not forwarded to Inspectors.)

10 players will submit their verdict as Investigator. if the Inspectors collectively agree on the report a (temporary) ban or mute will be issued.

You will get rewarded with Inspector Coins and a positive feedback message if you had an accurate report, which means there was a collective agreement (either Positive or Negative) among the other Inspectors of the report you reviewed.

Make the player feel valued by their pro-active attitude!
    "A player recently Investigated by you got punished for their behaviour, thanks for helping out!"

Give the Investigators a shop where players can buy awesome items with their earned Inspector Points.

• ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Yes, but what I mean is are those 8,000+ the amount of banned characters, or the amount of banned accounts? And do those 8k then include temporary bans?
    The lists that were made public to us weekly showed IGNs of banned characters, even if they were on the same banned account, so the number of "permanently banned players" looked a lot larger than they actually were.

What I wanna know is are those 8,000+ hackers you speak of individual accounts, or the amount of characters that were present on those accounts?
    Say each hacker-account had 40 characters on them, that'd mean only 200 accounts were banned, so only 200 account owners (or someone with several accounts), ie "hackers" as we see them individually.

I'm asking if that's also how you came to reach the 8,000+ figure, or if 8,000+ accounts are actually banned every week?

(Disclaimer: not trying to incite argument, just wanna know how the statistics are counted for clarity)

As stated in my previous post, the number is a total of character bans and not account bans. Temporary bans wouldn't be included on the list. While to players our banning process may appear slow, we want to ensure that extensive investigations are made before we proceed with taking action on a report.

I can assure you that not many accounts that are banned due to hacking have upwards of 30 or 40 characters on their account.
    If we were to look at account bans per week, we'd roughly have around 600-700 permanently banned accounts.
    HHG1MegaScience
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited April 2017
    Inspecter Report System

not a bad idea yet the player shouldnt have to deal with the people hecking/botting to begin with

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    This is somewhat of a joke: I always wondered what the average delay is from live chat to a GM checkup when we say. "Literally hacking right now you could ban them instantly if you'd just check."

On a serious note, is it possible to expand live chat to be 24/7? Even if there ends up being a queue because there's only one GM or whatever it would be nice to be able to report people botting away at 3 am.
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    edited April 2017
    everyday I get back from school go to general chat and I get like 1-24 notifications of you guys.........