[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.218 Awake: Ascend to Mastery Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Frankenbalrog

Me2UMe2U
Reactions: 1,150
Posts: 68
Member
edited April 2017 in General Chat
are we suppose to kill frankenbalrog with just regular hits? or is a bug?

Comments

  • Me2UMe2U
    Reactions: 1,150
    Posts: 68
    Member
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    It's actually explained when you accept the event.

    It's not a bug, this is how it works.

    Thanks, I don't really read the instructions haha! i just accept and go at it well I i'll forfeit and accept it again and read over it this time
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    Posts: 243
    Member
    edited April 2017
    Well I dont like it.. 50000 attacks its only down a sliver and it goes away... Or is there a trick to killing them other than 1hp attacks?
  • PachomarPachomar
    Reactions: 910
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited April 2017
    Beated him for 5 mins until he dissapeared at 25% hp. Is it a joke?
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 3,965
    Posts: 591
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    I don't think it should have replaced elites really.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    Posts: 271
    Member
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Well I dont like it.. 50000 attacks its only down a sliver and it goes away... Or is there a trick to killing them other than 1hp attacks?

    I solo them by only doing 1's. Are you attacking it constantly?

    I'm a DB, so I only get 4 shots in at a time.

    Well for me (bucc) and quite possibly a lot of other classes, this is a pain in the behind. I've summoned them thrice now and all three times I couldn't get past 25% before they disappeared. I doesn't make sense for training map rogs to be like that. The 1 dmg mobs have always been for towns only. Although to be fair, I wouldn't mind hitting 1s if I was at least using anything else rather than basic attacks. This is insane..
    DaisukeHarutoZeldaOfHyrule
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Posts: 365
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Yep
    Not a bug
    Frankenbalrog can only be hurt with normal attacks.
    Classes with multihit basic have a huge advantage.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,440
    Posts: 158
    Member
    edited April 2017
    This event is A-grade garbage.
    It's impossible for most classes to kill this thing..
    And not just that, farming the anniversary boxes for the Maple Museum or just elite drops in general is a LOT harder when the Elite Monsters keep getting replaced by this failure..
    KerBansotZeldaOfHyrule
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Posts: 365
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    RailBird wrote: »
    This event is A-grade garbage.
    It's impossible for most classes to kill this thing..
    And not just that, farming the anniversary boxes for the Maple Museum or just elite drops in general is a LOT harder when the Elite Monsters keep getting replaced by this failure..

    They should have maked these balrogs normal elite enemies.
    KerBansotElinstarInvulgoIts2Sharp4UBahamut_XZeldaOfHyrule
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    Posts: 519
    Member
    edited April 2017
    You guys can probably beat it by crouch attacking + booster + Monster Park Green Potion, as I have on my Battle Mage. If using a slow weapon doesnt work, try using a Fast/Faster 1h sword if you have one and using (decent) speed infusion + monster park green potion.

    I think the quest is glitched anyways, since I killed 2 so far but haven't had them register on my kill 5 quest.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,055
    Posts: 5,917
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »
    You guys can probably beat it by crouch attacking + booster + Monster Park Green Potion, as I have on my Battle Mage. If using a slow weapon doesnt work, try using a Fast/Faster 1h sword if you have one and using (decent) speed infusion + monster park green potion.

    I think the quest is glitched anyways, since I killed 2 so far but haven't had them register on my kill 5 quest.

    Yeah, no. Not going to waste green potions just so I can spend 5 minutes trying to poke these pieces of <censored> hiding among other mobs, just to end up not getting a summoning sack even if I do manage to kill it in time.
    I've learned to just ignore them when they spawn.

    As for the quest, only the ones in town count for it.
    KerBansot
  • _Cas__Cas_
    Reactions: 1,160
    Posts: 46
    Member
    edited April 2017
    I would suggest using a Luminous for FrankenBalrog Farming.

    Luminous can spawn them at decent speed (Unsure if it's like this for all jobs, but i spawned 1 every 3 - 4 minutes in future Perion).

    You can use Spectral Light skill to attack these monsters - Acts as standard attack, but with insanely fast attack speed compared to normal stabbing - Can also stand in 1 place, and use left/right arrow keys to move the skill around.
    Can down a FrankenBalrog within 4 - 5 minutes.
    Invulgo
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,440
    Posts: 158
    Member
    edited April 2017
    All these suggestions are really nice but I rather see them just address this issue by turning the field version of Frankenbalrog into a regular Elite Monster in terms of how it takes damage.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 1,815
    Posts: 344
    Member
    edited April 2017
    For me, as a Hero with 1h sword and hardcap attack speed, I lay on ground and do basic attack. It's a bit faster than if you stand up. Takes me between 4 and 5min to kill the elite one. As for the one in town, takes me u to 6min. It sure takes long x.x Wondering how long an elite can stay in map ...

    If it happens one of you get Chief Axe from turkeys in Thanksgiving, use it! Faster speed(3). Basically for class who can't use weapon booster due to inapropriate weapon.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited April 2017
    What happens if kaiser attacks, since their normal attack key is tied to the dragon slash or demon slayer the lash?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited April 2017
    RailBird wrote: »
    This event is A-grade garbage.
    It's impossible for most classes to kill this thing..
    And not just that, farming the anniversary boxes for the Maple Museum or just elite drops in general is a LOT harder when the Elite Monsters keep getting replaced by this failure..

    They should have maked these balrogs normal elite enemies.

    the thing is they drop anniversary stuff so it's safe to assume thats why they did it
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,055
    Posts: 5,917
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    RailBird wrote: »
    This event is A-grade garbage.
    It's impossible for most classes to kill this thing..
    And not just that, farming the anniversary boxes for the Maple Museum or just elite drops in general is a LOT harder when the Elite Monsters keep getting replaced by this failure..

    They should have maked these balrogs normal elite enemies.

    the thing is they drop anniversary stuff so it's safe to assume thats why they did it

    So?
    They can be special anniversary mobs but have the same HP and damage-taking properties as ordinary elite mobs.

    The reason anniversary mobs in town are usually fixed-damage is to make everyone able to participate "equally", regardless of level and funding.
    But monsters that spawn in training areas don't need to be that way. If you're training in a map and able to spawn elites in it, it's sensible to assume you can deal with those elites. So if they take a different shape you can still deal with them.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited April 2017
    The key to survival is not wit nor strength but adaptability.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,395
    Posts: 544
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    _Cas_ wrote: »
    I would suggest using a Luminous for FrankenBalrog Farming.

    Luminous can spawn them at decent speed (Unsure if it's like this for all jobs, but i spawned 1 every 3 - 4 minutes in future Perion).

    You can use Spectral Light skill to attack these monsters - Acts as standard attack, but with insanely fast attack speed compared to normal stabbing - Can also stand in 1 place, and use left/right arrow keys to move the skill around.
    Can down a FrankenBalrog within 4 - 5 minutes.

    Aye! But is it fun? Personally I don't think it is fun right now.
    Not saying it's supposed to be super easy either, but nerfing them a bit would make it more fun.
    _Cas_
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited April 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »
    _Cas_ wrote: »
    I would suggest using a Luminous for FrankenBalrog Farming.

    Luminous can spawn them at decent speed (Unsure if it's like this for all jobs, but i spawned 1 every 3 - 4 minutes in future Perion).

    You can use Spectral Light skill to attack these monsters - Acts as standard attack, but with insanely fast attack speed compared to normal stabbing - Can also stand in 1 place, and use left/right arrow keys to move the skill around.
    Can down a FrankenBalrog within 4 - 5 minutes.

    Aye! But is it fun? Personally I don't think it is fun right now.
    Not saying it's supposed to be super easy either, but nerfing them a bit would make it more fun.

    Id propose leaving the 1 dmg concept but letting us use active skills
    DaisukeHaruto_Cas_Tanya
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,395
    Posts: 544
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »
    _Cas_ wrote: »
    I would suggest using a Luminous for FrankenBalrog Farming.

    Luminous can spawn them at decent speed (Unsure if it's like this for all jobs, but i spawned 1 every 3 - 4 minutes in future Perion).

    You can use Spectral Light skill to attack these monsters - Acts as standard attack, but with insanely fast attack speed compared to normal stabbing - Can also stand in 1 place, and use left/right arrow keys to move the skill around.
    Can down a FrankenBalrog within 4 - 5 minutes.

    Aye! But is it fun? Personally I don't think it is fun right now.
    Not saying it's supposed to be super easy either, but nerfing them a bit would make it more fun.

    Id propose leaving the 1 dmg concept but letting us use active skills

    Hmmm, that could work. Not sure how much HP these have xD

    Maaaaan I miss insta kill chance so much during events like this.