[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jett Help?

LeeTbeatsLeeTbeats
Reactions: 1,820
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in General Chat
My Jett still has 3 extra skill points in first job tab and I'm at fourth now. I haven't found an answer through google yet.

Am I missing a skill or something?

Comments

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Jett has an skill point bug. You can check here to make sure you have all the skills.
    But you should be okay.
    LeeTbeats
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited April 2017
    i have plenty of Jetts and they do have extra points. no worries!
  • LeeTbeatsLeeTbeats
    Reactions: 1,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    MomTeresa wrote: »
    i have plenty of Jetts and they do have extra points. no worries!

How many Jetts do you have....?
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I think it's been like that since their revamp many many months ago.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2017
    Kannas seems to have one extra in job 3 as well
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Just wait 'til you finish Jett's 4th job. I think they have like a hundred extra points there?
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited April 2017
    Total that comes out to 125? Not surprised when I have seen a few skills that could easily use the "excess" skill points.
    A few skills bumped up to 20-30, all that is needed to improve the class outside of working on the buggy mess of course.

Guess the old revamp needs a revamp to actually improve the class and to bring it up to standard.
    JettLuvsU
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited April 2017
    whats jett?
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited April 2017
    60+ jett mules (<3 their mobility)
    10+ 4th job ones (cosmic upheaval!!)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2017
    Jett has an skill point bug. You can check here to make sure you have all the skills.
    But you should be okay.

Jetts having extra skill points in 1st job isnt a bug, neither is jett having a certain amount of extra skill points in 4th job, but Jett does have tooo many in 4th job, more than the 225 or 255 (dont remember which) total you are meant to get.
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    But you should be okay.

Jetts having extra skill points in 1st job isnt a bug, neither is jett having a certain amount of extra skill points in 4th job, but Jett does have tooo many in 4th job, more than the 225 or 255 (dont remember which) total you are meant to get.

I'm pretty sure it's a bug to have extra skill points when you've already maxed out a job.
    I remember making another Jett character and getting 3 extra points in first job, too.
    I currently have 59 extra skill points in my fourth job tab and have maxed out all my skills.
    I think the number varies for each character because I remember seeing a character with 180 skill points at their fourth job.
    I think it might have to do when the character was created. I don't really know though.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited May 2017
    But you should be okay.

I'm pretty sure it's a bug to have extra skill points when you've already maxed out a job.
    I remember making another Jett character and getting 3 extra points in first job, too.
    I currently have 59 extra skill points in my fourth job tab and have maxed out all my skills.
    I think the number varies for each character because I remember seeing a character with 180 skill points at their fourth job.
    I think it might have to do when the character was created. I don't really know though.

it's not a bug though, for real, every job (1,2,3,4) get a set amount of skill points universally for all classes, the extras are there only because the max level of all the skills is less than the set amount you get.

Jetts are the only class that do have a bugged 4th job that wasnt quite revamped with the rest of the classes and can get anywhere from 80~120+ sp left over, however their 1st ~3rd job sp is not bugged.

due to the SP taken to max all of jetts skills though there is going to be 59 left over because they do not use all 255 SP in their skills

4th job you get 255 SP total, to max all of Jetts skills you only need 196 of them, that leaves 59 left over.

if you have more than 59 left over on 4th job it's bug that deals with the fact that old Jetts were not reset SP wise when they set a hard limit of 255 SP for 4th job.
    JettLuvsU
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    it's not a bug though, for real, every job (1,2,3,4) get a set amount of skill points universally for all classes, the extras are there only because the max level of all the skills is less than the set amount you get.

Jetts are the only class that do have a bugged 4th job that wasnt quite revamped with the rest of the classes and can get anywhere from 80~120+ sp left over, however their 1st ~3rd job sp is not bugged.

due to the SP taken to max all of jetts skills though there is going to be roughly 50~59 left over because they do not use all 255 SP in their skills

But I really do have a Jett character with 3 sp left in first job. : (

I only considered the extra sp a bug because you could max out fourth job and still have more left over.
    I didn't know it was actually the skills that were bugged, sorry.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited May 2017

due to the SP taken to max all of jetts skills though there is going to be roughly 50~59 left over because they do not use all 255 SP in their skills

But I really do have a Jett character with 3 sp left in first job. : (

I only considered the extra sp a bug because you could max out fourth job and still have more left over.
    I didn't know it was actually the skills that were bugged, sorry.
    if you have one extra in 1st that is a bug, you get 65 total SP, if you ended up having more than 65 then that is a bug but i guess that would be some kind of recent bug.

it's not really the skills being bugged it's the fact that the people that created the skills and max levels didnt want to use all SP cause they didnt know how to balance it or they didn't think/know to build it around that SP limit (in the case of jett's 4th job) so it's more or less a flaw of outdated design (as jett has not had any big skills changes since before the 255 hard cap)

the thing I said earlier where it wasn't a bug was me remembering another class that suffers from not using every last SP in 2nd job or 3rd job (Phantom) where they end up with 2 extra SP which is no longer a problem due to some skill changes that had happened.
    JettLuvsULeeTbeats
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited May 2017
    You're fine as long as you can max out all of your skills.