[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MapleStory X Re:ZERO Cash Shop Update Changes

Comments

• Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2017
    Gargula wrote: »
    kthx bye.

I miss that guy, he was pretty decent.
  • DisneyPixarDisneyPixar
    Reactions: 875
    edited May 2017
    Can we anticipate any changes made towards the obtainability of aesthetic items (NX covers / hair) available this patch?

People who are paying NX for the cosmetic boxes really should be guaranteed the crossover aesthetics - even at a random chance of getting specific ones is fine - but it still makes absolutely no sense that people have to spend money only to have a substantial chance to get a completely irrelevant item or appearance. Character-specific hair coupons were featured on the livestream and was quoted to be available in that format - and for some reason we aren't even getting those? Previous crossover events have been very close to what JMS had and IMO this one ought to be the same.

Here's something else. Are we also forgetting that the microsite for this event literally stated that we could "Get a New Look With Re:ZERO Hair Coupons"? Sorry; but that's literally what it says on the site - it is, in fact, NOT royal hair coupons being referred. Nexon, please stay true to these statements.
    ElisePissedOffQuilavaforumsareannoyingn0ReasonLilyflowerDragooooooooon
  • n0Reasonn0Reason
    Reactions: 920
    edited May 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    This came to my realization, which i dont think reboot has this but, not only did you put these P2W boxes in Reboot, but now Battle-roids exists in REBOOT.

While I agree with everything else you said, the battleroids aren't in the reboot boxes

EDIT: I totally left the room to find that the post was edited after I replied, sorry! I'd delete my comment if I could (or figure out how to do it).
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2017
    n0Reason wrote: »
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    This came to my realization, which i dont think reboot has this but, not only did you put these P2W boxes in Reboot, but now Battle-roids exists in REBOOT.

While I agree with everything else you said, the battleroids aren't in the reboot boxes

EDIT: I totally left the room to find that the post was edited after I replied, sorry! I'd delete my comment if I could (or figure out how to do it).

yeah dw, i didnt realize the seperation either lol
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited May 2017
    I really hope there's a new change before patch update is done tomorrow. Been hyped for 2 weeks, now I have no reason to the event..
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Licensed content, such as Re:ZERO's, is not only subject to Nexon but the license holder. As such, any changes to the content are complex and would not have been feasible before the content's scheduled release date.
    AlexFNewt
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited May 2017
    When we're put up with the choice of either include a NX method to purchase the medals for Reboot or get rid of the medals entirely, I'd always choose the latter. It's a shame we won't be getting those medals but it's better that than introduce P2W in Reboot.
    AKradianxOtakudarksin1204
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    Can we anticipate any changes made towards the obtainability of aesthetic items (NX covers / hair) available this patch?

People who are paying NX for the cosmetic boxes really should be guaranteed the crossover aesthetics - even at a random chance of getting specific ones is fine - but it still makes absolutely no sense that people have to spend money only to have a substantial chance to get a completely irrelevant item or appearance. Character-specific hair coupons were featured on the livestream and was quoted to be available in that format - and for some reason we aren't even getting those? Previous crossover events have been very close to what JMS had and IMO this one ought to be the same.

Here's something else. Are we also forgetting that the microsite for this event literally stated that we could "Get a New Look With Re:ZERO Hair Coupons"? Sorry; but that's literally what it says on the site - it is, in fact, NOT royal hair coupons being referred. Nexon, please stay true to these statements.

Seconding. The micro site says specifically that the hair and surprise box should be Re:Zero based. It calls them Re:Zero hair coupons, and Re:Zero surprise style box. The insinuation is they should be Re:Zero based, not contain other hairstyles or items. If the medals can be removed for cash only and the price can be lowered for the box, the surprise style boxes and hair coupons can be changed.
    I, along with many others, were looking forward to getting the special hairstyles and clothes, and now the clothes come at a slim probability to obtain them. And the hairs are mixed, which isn't what was promised.
    Quilavaforumsareannoyingn0Reason
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    edited May 2017
    Stargeth wrote: »
    When we're put up with the choice of either include a NX method to purchase the medals for Reboot or get rid of the medals entirely, I'd always choose the latter. It's a shame we won't be getting those medals but it's better that than introduce P2W in Reboot.

Then remove the NX option and only keep the meso one. Everyone in Reboot wins. But then again, Nexon wouldn't profit... Haha, I'm laughing right now
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited May 2017
    Licensed content, such as Re:ZERO's, is not only subject to Nexon but the license holder. As such, any changes to the content are complex and would not have been feasible before the content's scheduled release date.

I think most people do understand that even if they are asking for changes it's merely because of the mass confusion. The twitch stream led us to believe we would be able to obtain these hairs based off the selection we wanted. It's very different now to see them in the royal hair coupons with non rezero hairs. Also we were led to believe nx items would be from exclusive boxes. These boxes are not exclusive but mere MVP boxes with rezero items in them. While there is no changing how the items are implemented now. It is important to recognize that in the future this shouldn't be repeated as most people don't mind paying for exclusive items, but if there is such a low chance of obtaining compared to non exclusive items there should be a way to obtain them through events in game or other means.
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited May 2017
    Stargeth wrote: »

Then remove the NX option and only keep the meso one. Everyone in Reboot wins. But then again, Nexon wouldn't profit... Haha, I'm laughing right now

Thats literally all we wanted. But because nexon cant make a profit off of it, reboot has to suffer.
    link37890
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited May 2017
    Nexon, why not create a poll and see what the community as a whole votes on? You made changes based solely on comments posted throughout heated conversations on a thread. Some probably were said at the heat of the moment meaning they were probably not sincere ... ie "I would rather the medal not be sold at all".

I don't play Reboot so it doesn't bother me, but I do feel bad for them that a few bad apples ruined it for everyone. And I bet some of those who complained also don't play Reboot, making this situation extremely unfair for those that do.

However, you seem to have missed the point completely. I only read 2-3 pages from that thread and immediately grasped that people in Reboot simply do NOT want the boxes being sold for NX AT ALL.. The whole point of Reboot is to NOT be p2w, so by removing the NX cost and making them all purchaseable by mesos only, you will hold true to its value and at the same time satisfy the Reboot playerbase.

I hope you reconsider and create detailed poll to better understand what it is that we want and make proper adjustments. Thanks
    HeinekenHeroLilyflowerlink37890
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    They absolutely listened to the people against the update, first they said if it's going to cost nx to not even have the medals in reboot. It was said in more than one thread. Then they said 500 mil was too much, so they lowered it to 100mil. Cant complain that developers and admin listened to the community.
  • GargulaGargula
    edited May 2017
    They absolutely listened to the people against the update, first they said if it's going to cost nx to not even have the medals in reboot. It was said in more than one thread. Then they said 500 mil was too much, so they lowered it to 100mil. Cant complain that developers and admin listened to the community.

Why are you ignoring the fact that we could buy it with mesos? They could just remove the NX option. (but then again, like I said above, they wouldn't profit).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Consider the medal to be the same as Outlaw Heart, Breath of Divinity, Frenzy Totem, and any number of other items that are only available for NX in normal servers. Reboot doesn't have any of those, and it won't have the medal either.

Nexon is hoping to still sell boxes for NX to those Rebooters who really want the Re:ZERO chairs, androids, and titles, so I can understand why they didn't remove the NX boxes entirely. (But I do wonder why they didn't remove the meso boxes entirely, since now the box is basically a Conjurer's Cache with some Re:ZERO decorative items)

Personally I don't think Re:ZERO by itself holds enough attraction in GMS-land to generate significant revenue without appealing to the damage-chasers, but that's Nexon's marketing department's problem.
  • GargulaGargula
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Consider the medal to be the same as Outlaw Heart, Breath of Divinity, Frenzy Totem, and any number of other items that are only available for NX in normal servers. Reboot doesn't have any of those, and it won't have the medal either.

Nexon is hoping to still sell boxes for NX to those Rebooters who really want the Re:ZERO chairs, androids, and titles, so I can understand why they didn't remove the NX boxes entirely. (But I do wonder why they didn't remove the meso boxes entirely, since now the box is basically a Conjurer's Cache with some Re:ZERO decorative items)

Personally I don't think Re:ZERO by itself holds enough attraction in GMS-land to generate significant revenue without appealing to the damage-chasers, but that's Nexon's marketing department's problem.

I do understand your point, but the medal is different. How can I say?.. It's like the "core" item of this whole event.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

I do understand your point, but the medal is different. How can I say?.. It's like the "core" item of this whole event.

Supposedly this is a crossover event, for people who love Re:ZERO to play with their anime favorites and buy cash stuff to dress up like them.
    There's no "lore" reason why Re:ZERO should give the strongest medal in the game. It doesn't even come from playing the content (that "attendance" thing) but as a cash purchase. The medal could have been called anything else and sold at any other time. So it's hardly "the core" of the event. Just the "main draw" for people obsessed with damage. And not even a draw for the event, just a draw for the cash box.

So, yes, if you're not a Re:ZERO fan, then there's really nothing for you in this event, and I recommend focusing on the Wondroid content instead.

Maybe Nexon will learn from that and, for future crossovers, they'll return to the SAO and AoT model of having the medals earned by a combination of playing through the content and buying extra entries from Cash Shop.
    RowEchelon
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited May 2017
    I can't believe I saw a reboot player want the NX option and is defending that option. Leave Reboot if you want to buy the medal.

And I agree with AKradian with every aspect. Nexon has done this type of event before. Nexon has literally used this event simply to gain more money due to their knowledge that they will definitely gain. There's so many arguments that talk about Non-reboot versus Reboot, but most of them talk about how unfair it is for Reboot to have the boxes for Mesos. Umm hello? That's the point of reboot, cubing, pendant slots, and literally everything else related to gear has been turned to meso. That's the point of Reboot.

To give one side of things, there's a chance (An extremely small and dumb chance) that Nexon didn't even think about Reboot when they thought about this event. Even though the Reboot Mesos question came up on the stream, Arwooo and the other guy didn't even fathom the thought that people can pay for the medal, which is the BiS medal any server has ever seen. A large amount of people complained in the twitch chat, but it was never even addressed even at that point.

Lastly, we talk about transparency, and we are not getting any information whatsoever as to what they were freaking thinking, and how did this even pop up to begin with. Reboot is their most populated server, why? BECAUSE it is a no P2W dedicated server. Nexon KNOWS this. So how did this even happen? True Reboot members would all love to know.
    RowEchelon
  • GargulaGargula
    edited May 2017

Supposedly this is a crossover event, for people who love Re:ZERO to play with their anime favorites and buy cash stuff to dress up like them.
    There's no "lore" reason why Re:ZERO should give the strongest medal in the game. It doesn't even come from playing the content (that "attendance" thing) but as a cash purchase. The medal could have been called anything else and sold at any other time. So it's hardly "the core" of the event. Just the "main draw" for people obsessed with damage. And not even a draw for the event, just a draw for the cash box.

So, yes, if you're not a Re:ZERO fan, then there's really nothing for you in this event, and I recommend focusing on the Wondroid content instead.

Maybe Nexon will learn from that and, for future crossovers, they'll return to the SAO and AoT model of having the medals earned by a combination of playing through the content and buying extra entries from Cash Shop.

I mostly wanted the medal because it's really pretty lol, and its stats are just a bonus. But yea... that perma heart should be our focus. In the end, like TsukiBaka mentioned, Nexon probably didn't even think about Reboot when they proposed this event.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    3,200 NX is still too hefty of a price for one random item which may or may not result in being a soul enchanter.