[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Roll Back

Comments

• 31Bravo31Bravo
    Reactions: 255
    edited May 2017
    PIggyBank wrote: »
    Its just like a 2x exp event nothing specail so a rb is not needed

I'm glad. Don't want to experience that grind with all those new characters..
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    Reactions: 1,175
    edited May 2017
    Newt wrote: »
    You're basically insinuating that we should be silent and accept that we were unlucky for something that wasn't even supposed to happen. That's highly unfair and exclusive.

Hey, life lesson: Life in general can be unfair. It's one of the realities of the world. A handful of people get all the good stuff and most get shafted after working their butts off. Complaining about every little thing not going your way is not how to progress in the world. Unfair and exclusive? It was happening for everyone, some people just got a bigger advantage because they were bossing/PQing/whatevering in that time to get the most of the unexpected bug. It may seem unfair to you, but in their perspective they musta hit the jackpot for that short window the game was up for.
    31Bravo
  • CubeProCubePro
    Reactions: 475
    edited May 2017
    31Bravo wrote: »
    CubePro wrote: »
    31Bravo wrote: »
    CubePro wrote: »
    Eh, everyone had the opportunity for the exp boost had they done the same. As is, the handful that did it got lucky. No reason to make everyone lose because a handful won.

feelsbadman, so those who know about stuff "that should not happen" get to keep gains right? seems fair to me...not

Everyone who killed a monster was affected. lol.

-.- why do i bother tbh, ur right, every1 who killed a monster and saw it, cool grats on 2-3hrs of OP exp. grats guys u did it, 4head

The game was up for about an hour and a half. lol

actually it was up from 6:43 to 8:42pm est, 2hrs, if u want to be technical
    Dragooooooooon
  • CubeProCubePro
    Reactions: 475
    edited May 2017
    etheir way, 3lvls in 30mins at 198, 2hrs = approx. 10-12lvls from 198, seems a bit unfair if u ask me
    EDIT: with that being said tho, we all know when nexon makes up there mind, its a done deal, so anyways congrats to the lucky ppl that saw this and got exp (not being sarcastic, although sad cube is sad).
    DragooooooooonNewt
  • NewtNewt
    Reactions: 535
    edited May 2017
    You're basically insinuating that we should be silent and accept that we were unlucky for something that wasn't even supposed to happen. That's highly unfair and exclusive.

Hey, life lesson: Life in general can be unfair. It's one of the realities of the world. A handful of people get all the good stuff and most get shafted after working their butts off. Complaining about every little thing not going your way is not how to progress in the world. Unfair and exclusive? It was happening for everyone, some people just got a bigger advantage because they were bossing/PQing/whatevering in that time to get the most of the unexpected bug. It may seem unfair to you, but in their perspective they musta hit the jackpot for that short window the game was up for.

It wasn't happening for everyone, otherwise we would have all benefited. It was something that was NEVER meant to happen, so nobody should have won. Using the term "won" leaves the players who didn't, somewhat bitter about the whole mishap and favors only those who did take advantage (unknowingly or knowingly). That's what I mean't about exclusive and unfair...nothing to do with real life lessons and whatnot.
    Dragooooooooon
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited May 2017
    Shades be like: FUUUUUUUUU
    DarkPassenger
  • DragooooooooonDragooooooooon
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited May 2017

lol you benefited greatly, youve been defending this ferociously
    NewtWillowRosenberg
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    edited May 2017
    Actually I didnt benefit at all as I was playing a new character and barely got it to 30 by the time servers went down again. I'd lose literally nothing from a rollback but I understand rollbacks suck for almost everyone.
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    edited May 2017
    It wasn't happening for everyone, otherwise we would have all benefited. It was something that was NEVER meant to happen, so nobody should have won. Using the term "won" leaves the players who didn't, somewhat bitter about the whole mishap and favors only those who did take advantage (unknowingly or knowingly). That's what I mean't about exclusive and unfair...nothing to do with real life lessons and whatnot.

It was happening for everyone. The people that got the most benefit were doing Boss/PQs. Were you doing one of those activities? No? Then nothing for you. Was I doing one of those on a level 1 Shade? No? Nothing for me then. It's like having a pep rally at your school that you didnt go to but then found out everyone who went got a surprise pizza party. You then complain it's not fair that you were allowed to participate but didnt so you missed out. Sucks to be you. Move on with your life because it wont end due to some random stranger getting 12 levels in 2 hours.
    edited May 2017

It was happening for everyone. The people that got the most benefit were doing Boss/PQs. Were you doing one of those activities? No? Then nothing for you. Was I doing one of those on a level 1 Shade? No? Nothing for me then. It's like having a pep rally at your school that you didnt go to but then found out everyone who went got a surprise pizza party. You then complain it's not fair that you were allowed to participate but didnt so you missed out. Sucks to be you. Move on with your life because it wont end due to some random stranger getting 12 levels in 2 hours.

its more the lack of integrity and incompetency on nexon part, they keep proving this time and time again.
    jkx8531BravoNewtWillowRosenberg
    edited May 2017
    Love hopefully they fix BT when they re release them this june
  • NewtNewt
    Reactions: 535
    edited May 2017

I'm not worried about there being no rollback (Arwoo already confirmed that). I'd say more, but it's bickering at this point so I'll keep it super concise. We have different views, I respect yours but I don't agree with you. The highly unfair and exclusive was directed to your choices of wording - "won", "nothing for you", "sucks to be you" and "move on". I also don't want to make or respond to real life and game comparisions. Thanks! I won't be replying on this topic anymore.
    Dragooooooooon
  • MatarielMatariel
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2017
    I mean it's no different then them doing surprise 2x events. We didn't get to enjoy it, some players did. Saying it's unfair really doesn't make sense, it's more whiny than anything. It's not like this game is exactly some sort of race and someone getting something you didn't; didn't put you behind as it didn't put them ahead. So nothing was unfair, it was just unfortunate that we didn't get to experience it and some people did although in the long run no one should've been able to experience it.

Yeah I'm salty I didn't get to enjoy it, but I'm not upset some lvl 200s got some good exp for a short period of time.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited May 2017
    If Arwoo said it ain't happening, then it ain't and you spent 20k NX on a gamble, and lost. That's the consequence of gambling, you might actually lose.

Congratulations captain obvious. Obviously there won't be one, because arwoo has said there won't be. I'm fully aware I gambled 20k nx lol. Believe it or not, I've played this game for 12 years, so I don't need to you to explain this to me. I was 99.9% sure there wouldn't be a rollback before commenting on this post, but it was worth a shot supporting it so I could get my $20 back lolol.

Please don't use a condescending tone thowards other members of the forum.