[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wonderoid Jump Quest Difficulty

Comments

• xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited May 2017
    Vimi wrote: »
    Please reduce the difficulty for the Wonderoid Jump Quest. Or give us a way to skip it after failing 100+ times. This difficulty is just ridiculous, I'll break my keyboard in half in anger before I ever get past B4, let alone FOUR levels of that.

Nerf the spaghetti-os out of it!!!
    VimithatplantTriforcePissedOffWatcherCCGMaplersDough
  • krskkrsk
    Reactions: 2,980
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I got randomly dc'd twice, so at this point i'm giving up on this event. It's really sad that the only exciting new event they have put in in God knows how long is way too difficult to even attempt.
    VimiPissedOffWatcherCCGMaplersDough
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    the best part is that there's more than one set of maps and the first one you have to do is the easiest
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited May 2017
    Actually I've changed my opinion - the V2 jumpquest is WAY harder. I give up unless they can make it easier.
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited May 2017
    For those stuck on the first set of quests, just give it time. I took roughly 5-6 hours before I got past B4-> completion, but I tried doing it again on another account and managed to finish in in 20 minutes. Yes, 20 minutes. I'm not here to brag but rather to suggest that if you continually practice this JQ, it will get much easier. There are several helpful videos on YouTube and Reddit posts as well, so please take a look at them if you haven't already. I also want to add that this event lasts for 28 days and several players have finished Rhea already (the 2nd set of escaping the facility). Not everyone should have to finish the event in 1 day just for logging in for it to be classified as not hard.

With that said, I do think they could increase the time of safety between some of the moving lasers... you have to get the timing just right.

Some tips for getting through the stages:
    -B4: Move past the laser while IT IS STILL IN SIGHT but ABOUT TO DISAPPEAR. So basically you move through the laser the second it disappears, but you gotta start your character moving towards it as it is still visible. If you keep this in mind while doing it, you should get it down pat.
    -B4: At the conveyer belt part, don't be afraid to backtrack!!! The spikey wall that comes shortly after doesn't start moving until you jump off of the belt. The tip here is to move your android to the very end of the belt, move yourself far away from the edge, then turn your character so it's facing towards the spikey wall direction. At this point, press d to make your android jump, and backtrack yourself back down the conveyer belt so you don't fall off. At this point your android is at the bottom and you're still at the top. Now you can carefully fall off the belt (keep pressing your -> arrow continuously so you don't go flying off), and then you just whack the vent at the bottom until it breaks and press up to enter
    -For those who have made it past B4, B3 and B2 are much easier (if you're struggling, just look for a video and you'll be through in no time!)
    -B1: The moving lasers move fastest when they're closer to the center of their oscillation, so this is often the "safest" time to pass through. Some of my friends are telling me they prefer to wait until the laser disappears towards the left side, though
    -B1: The steam patterns actually are not very tricky as they might first seem. The hardest part of them is around the ladder (slightly before and slightly after). My advice is to get used to carefully pressing <-- so that you "don't move" on the conveyer belt. Practicing this mechanic helps you just wait out the steams and learn the patterns without watching your character. Also big tip: look for the actual devices that shoot out the steam. This helps you know where they are so you aren't guessing whether you passed over one or not. Also: towards the end of the steam stuff you just want to let your character move down the belt naturally. Do NOT press --> towards the end of the belt to get past the steams or else you'll shoot too far into another one.
    -F1: At the very last gate (I believe it's the 3rd gate) move VERY slowly so that you can see the soldiers approaching, then move over and kill them BEFORE going over to the gate. This way you can easily clear out the mobs and the gate without having to rush through the gate and die to the mob stacking hits on you (for those not familiar, F1 is just a mob clear map with no other ways to die, so if you're struggling on B1, know that once you hit F1 the hard stuff is over)

I think a more pressing issue is that the PQ thing you do after completing these is not instanced, so you might be a lvl 200 and some lvl 250 pops into the map and all of a sudden the mobs are lvl 250 and you can't kill them. This is a significant portion of the event coins that we can get. Hopefully Nexon fixes this over the maintenance but it's not currently listed to be fixed as of the time of this post.
    TriforceRikoLatté
  • RewasabRewasab
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited May 2017
    To be quite honest, i think this needs to be difficult.
    So far the only good hearts are gotten by either a lot of luck and money, spending a lot of mesos or having played for a long time at the right time.
    This event offers an alternative, nexon isn't taking away the ability to get the other hearts, it is granting an alternative, a cruel one at that but an alternative nonetheless. Most events are just a "Grind for x days till you get what you want" with no amount of skill involved, just time. i like to be tested for once, and for the most part i think this jq is fair except for a couple points:
    -Wondroids seem to stop working on the conveyor belt on the first level, which can really screw you if you dont look for a solution else where.
    - There is no way to save progress, i know for a fact that disconections happen, specially in this game, its unfair to have progress lost due to an issue that is not our fault
    - The game is not very fair at the moment of giving the rules, you just have to assume the worst case scenario of every little thing on the background for it may interrupt your process turning your wondroid off. (my wondroid got caught by security? how was i supposed to notice that? at the end of the first level nonetheless. a very low blow for first timers)

Those are my only issues with the quest, the investigation mode seems fine until you realise it is as full of bugs as most of the things in this game. i would like to see this fixed ASAP, those who clear the JQ at least once deserve to farm those coins to their heart's content.
  • TriforceTriforce
    Reactions: 610
    edited May 2017
    I've been in B1 for 15hrs LOL. I feel like I'm going insane...wish there were checkpoints.
    VimikrskHakufuMaplers
  • gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited May 2017
    Stargeth wrote: »
    For those stuck on the first set of quests, just give it time. I took roughly 5-6 hours before I got past B4-> completion, but I tried doing it again on another account and managed to finish in in 20 minutes. Yes, 20 minutes. I'm not here to brag but rather to suggest that if you continually practice this JQ, it will get much easier. There are several helpful videos on YouTube and Reddit posts as well, so please take a look at them if you haven't already. I also want to add that this event lasts for 28 days and several players have finished Rhea already (the 2nd set of escaping the facility). Not everyone should have to finish the event in 1 day just for logging in for it to be classified as not hard.

"5-6 hour" and for b4?... this pretty much makes everything else you say after that seem.... crazy. Like you're being encouraging but i'm like "5-6 hours" ... yeah, no.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    Triforce wrote: »
    I've been in B1 for 15hrs LOL. I feel like I'm going insane...wish there were checkpoints.

-is still salty that I Dced and went back to B4- A lot of people who haven't completed this are going to be salty after the maintenance.
    krskHakufuMaplers
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I don't understand the belief that everyone should be able to easily do everything.

I like an event that takes a little bit of effort. No support sorry.
    Stargeth
  • TriforceTriforce
    Reactions: 610
    edited May 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Triforce wrote: »

-is still salty that I Dced and went back to B4- A lot of people who haven't completed this are going to be salty after the maintenance.

Yeah true!
    I don't blame you I would have been salty too if I dced. I got tired so I logged off and then tried again in the morning :p I think I got extremely lucky tho getting past those lasers haha.

• Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited May 2017
    ^
    "a little bit of effort. " LUL
    You call a 6 hours jump quest "a little bit of effort"?
    I see...
    VimiShinewindRikoLattéPissedOffWatcherCCGgvnalmanzaMaplersDoughthatplant
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    ^
    I see...

Yes, I'm getting a Heart/Android on 20 characters.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    Daxi wrote: »
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    ^
    I see...

Yes, I'm getting a Heart/Android on 20 characters.

I'm sorry :T I am having hard enough time on ONE character T^T
    Vimi
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited May 2017
    5-6 hours is not much for a month-long event for a BiS heart. For those who have spent much longer like 15 hours+, that is a lot of time. But there are several guides out now and I listed some tips above. I'm not trying to say "deal with it!" exactly, but this event is not as impossible as it might first seem. It really comes down to there isn't much challenge left in the game and this event is a large jump (as someone put earlier) from current existing JQ's, so naturally we all are gonna be frustrated. But at the end of the day, this JQ is more than manageable in a week, and then you have another 21 days for farming coins (well 19 at this point but you get the idea).

EDIT: @gvnalmanza: I meant 5-6 hours for the WHOLE thing, not B4 alone. For those struggling on a floor for more than an hour, I highly recommend looking up a guide and it will become easier.
    JettLuvsUTriforce
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2017
    I don't understand the belief that everyone should be able to easily do everything.

I partly agree, many people just want good stuff with little effort. However don't you think it's kind of douchey to lock people out of rewards over a jump quest? Most events had 2-3 ways of amassing a large lot of coins.
  • VimiVimi
    Reactions: 1,760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    5-6 hours is not much for a month-long event for a BiS heart. For those who have spent much longer like 15 hours+, that is a lot of time. But there are several guides out now and I listed some tips above. I'm not trying to say "deal with it!" exactly, but this event is not as impossible as it might first seem. It really comes down to there isn't much challenge left in the game and this event is a large jump (as someone put earlier) from current existing JQ's, so naturally we all are gonna be frustrated. But at the end of the day, this JQ is more than manageable in a week, and then you have another 21 days for farming coins (well 19 at this point but you get the idea).

EDIT: @gvnalmanza: I meant 5-6 hours for the WHOLE thing, not B4 alone. For those struggling on a floor for more than an hour, I highly recommend looking up a guide and it will become easier.

I can understand 5-6 hours TOTAL over a month-long event, but not all in one sitting. It would be more reasonable if you spent an hour a day working on one level, reach a checkpoint, then you can log out and try the next level for an hour or two the next day.
  • DakrCloudDakrCloud
    Reactions: 560
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I think this event has a great story. I like every aspect that isn't the jump quest. I cant do them, don't have the reaction time or something and no amount of trying will be able to fix it. was stuck on B1 for about... 6-8 hours or something like that. been at it for about 12-? hours now (I have lost count). I would love a check point like people have suggested. I was on the side of difficulty changes but I'm not sure. The only thing I would really suggest is adding checkpoints and making the steam a 2 hit kill. OR add in an alternative way to attain coins for those who can not do JQ. If the majority of the community is this upset over an event I think an change is in order.
    JettLuvsUHakufuVimiTriforcePissedOffWatcherCCG
  • ShinewindShinewind
    Reactions: 470
    edited May 2017
    I have to support this, we need either checkpoints or make the lasers/steam not 1 hit kill. It's really hard to practice tough areas if you can't try them over and over with ease. Having to get through 5 mins just to get to the point where you failed makes it so hard to improve it's insane.

• HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited May 2017

Uh 4-15 hours is a "Little Effort"? Nice flame though.

Some people aren't all that good at most jump quests even with help, 10 of the 12 hours was me stuck in b1 because I was having trouble getting the timing down even with the help of these stupid guides.
    TriforcePissedOffShadowParadoxWatcherCCGMaplersDoughIts2Sharp4U