[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Busted Wondroid investigation timer

choozchooz
Reactions: 1,815
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Bug Reporting
Moving to other maps in investigation mode of the wondroid event often screws with your timer, probably related to other peoples' timers overwriting yours. usually results in chopping off several minutes or just kicking you out as if your time is up, leaving you unable to do anything.

Comments

• PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited May 2017
    Hello please edit your post and fill in the correct format for reporting bugs you will find the format here: bug reporting guidelines
  • jofnoaisfgagjofnoaisfgag
    Reactions: 610
    edited May 2017
    I got the same problem.

Bug type: Wondroid investigation timer error

Summary: When you go into the investigation, after leaving the first zone, the time remaining is shortened significantly, or it just kicks you out completely, eating up one of the five runs you get daily. I got kicked out twice and time shortened from 14 mins to 3 mins, while the other two attempts worked fine.

Character Name: asdgasga
    Character level: 221
    Character Job: Aran
    World Name: Reboot
    Date and time of incident: Between May 24, 3:30 pm - 4:20 pm EST
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Basically the problem is that the Investigation maps are not instanced properly.
    All the people going in get random timers that were started by others, random enemy levels for enemies spawned by others (and if two people of disparate levels are in the same map at the same time, the lower-level one is going to die really fast).
    Anything
  • MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Basically the problem is that the Investigation maps are not instanced properly.
    All the people going in get random timers that were started by others, random enemy levels for enemies spawned by others (and if two people of disparate levels are in the same map at the same time, the lower-level one is going to die really fast).

Yep, you're right. We've marked this down.

Thanks for the extra details.

Really disappointed this wasn't fixed with the maintenance this morning. Is there any way to make this higher priority? Right now they may as well require you to be level 220 or higher to enter the investigation maps :/ I'm already out of Wondroids to save and I can't complete the other rescue quests because of this
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited May 2017

That's great you figured it out. Thanks!
    Today I read this thread and I didn't encounter this problem untill later I went to do Investigation Mode. I had 4 minutes left and a Zero came into th map (B3) and he said 'OMG'.

And I replied 'I didn't know this was possible'. He went to farm in B2, I guess he had 4 minutes left...

At first I thought we couldn't meet others there but I thought at some point we could take over timers from other players. I hope it gets instanced during the next maintenance. And if there are anything going to be updated in this event, maybe make it easier? Add checkpoints? More people will succeed and then we really hope we can just farm coins without these bugs.

• thatplantthatplant
    Reactions: 765
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, I'd really like to see this fixed as soon as possible!! It's a shame whenever I get kicked out + timer changes from 14 minutes - 2 minutes within a map change.
  • SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

This just happened to me today:
    http://imgur.com/a/iTb9o
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Please fix this. I didn't even know that people could meet each other in here and I got screwed out of a run because I ran into someone and their time overlapped mine and the level of the mobs as well. Went from like 14 minutes to 2. I thought this was one of those types of maps where everyone gets their own map specifically for them.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited May 2017
    Yeah I can confirm this as well. I didnt know why until i actually saw some players passing around. At least i could help a buddy getting many coins with my 110%drop gears + wolf familiar. Alone i could usually get between 300 and 400 coins in Lobby map. When my friend came, i keep kill in Lobby and he went to previous map while I make ennemies dropping and him getting his own coins so he could get minimum 500 coins per run.
  • SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Matty wrote: »

Really disappointed this wasn't fixed with the maintenance this morning. Is there any way to make this higher priority? Right now they may as well require you to be level 220 or higher to enter the investigation maps :/ I'm already out of Wondroids to save and I can't complete the other rescue quests because of this

Don't worry.... Once they fixed this, they'll definitely give us a reward to make up for it. I know it, I just can smell it.
  • CookieAppleCookieApple
    Reactions: 490
    edited May 2017
    The timer still busted after going in maps that someone else already passed by. I just used my last entry and from 14 mins duration it became 3 mins...The maint ysd did not fix this. Hopefully it will be fixed soon
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited June 2017
    I have been kicked out twice tonight. I was just going from one map to another and "poof" back with the NPCs.
    Character Name: HealingOra
    Character level: 137
    Character Job: Bishop
    World Name: Mardia
    Date and time of incident: 6/1/2017 around 6:30 pm PDT
  • Mimel4Mimel4
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2017
    Summary: I lost all of my 5 run because I was kicked everytime I tried to go to the left. I got there only once and the timer went down to 1 minute instantly so I couldn'y do anything. It's really annoying because It keep happening and the monster get too high level because of other people. It should be a solo instance, not a place where other people can make your ennemy way higher level than you

Bug type: Wondroid investigation timer error

Character Name: Keahzir
    Character level: 115
    Character Job: Marksman
    World Name: Reboot
    Date and time of incident:June 2, 20h50 pm - 21h00 pm EST