[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unscheduled Maintenance Announcement - 5/30/2017

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited May 2017 in Vault
Greetings, Maplers!

To address an exploit reported in recent events, we will be having an unscheduled maintenance.
We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 2 hours.

Maintenance start time: 2:30 PM PDT / 9:30 PM UTC
Duration: 2 Hours

We'll see you guys once we're back!
Its2Sharp4UStargethFuzzykiwi1MegaScience

Comments

• DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Thanks, hope all the exploiters get banned. :)
  • LunaaaaaLunaaaaa
    Reactions: 430
    edited May 2017
    cya guys tomorrow :^)
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Daxi wrote: »
    Thanks, hope all the exploiters get banned. :)

Especially their main accounts that they fund by exploiting. If they just ban the account exploited on nothing is fixed.
  • 31Bravo31Bravo
    Reactions: 255
    edited May 2017
    If there's a rollback, I will quit. Just got a Superior Pendant, epic potted it, then popped one cube and got 12% str; unique. ._. Dammit.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited May 2017
    31Bravo wrote: »
    If there's a rollback, I will quit. Just got a Superior Pendant, epic potted it, then popped one cube and got 12% str; unique. ._. Dammit.

There will not be a rollback.

Source: CM on Discord
    scholar624Stargeth
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited May 2017
    you guys should check to where the mesos transferred, because players who took advantage on this exploit done it on alt accounts...
    and ban their main accounts.

also, can you send gm to twilight perion? mesos botters in all maps and in all channels.. we can't train there.
    thanks.
    DeeMonNycteaFuzzykiwi1thatplant
  • alumpyrockalumpyrock
    Reactions: 1,135
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    So will there be bans involved with this? since they are calling this an exploit?
  • JSyraXJSyraX
    Reactions: 785
    edited May 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Greetings, Maplers!

To address an exploit reported in recent events, we will be having an unscheduled maintenance.

i hate you guys... i just got to b1 on jq at 5:25 est.....................
    Vimi
  • SanjaySanjay
    Reactions: 1,616
    edited May 2017
    JSyraX wrote: »
    Greetings, Maplers!

If they run on maplers time for everything, NOTHING would be getting done, sometimes its just unfortunate .-.
  • alumpyrockalumpyrock
    Reactions: 1,135
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    JSyraX wrote: »
    Greetings, Maplers!

getting to b1 isn't that bad, at least it didn't happen when you just beat b1
  • geanxd02geanxd02
    Reactions: 520
    edited May 2017
    w happend whi t he attendance event and droid? for the player of others regions by the time? in 2 hours practically the time will not reach to realize the events of today, to cause of w much people work and study .BAD his actions... The maintenance had to wait after the reset, not 2 hours with 30 minutes for the reset of the day .....
    deadend5193
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    geanxd02 wrote: »
    w happend whi the attendance event and droid? for the player of others regions by the time? in 2 hours practically the time will not reach to realize the events of today, to cause of w much people work and study .BAD his actions... The maintenance had to wait after the reset, not 2 hours with 30 minutes for the reset of the day .....

It's unfortunate but it's an unscheduled maintenance. If it's not them, it'll be the people affected 2 hours after reset. Sacrifices will always have to be made.

It sucks for those who missed out a day of attendance whether it's for Re:Zero or Wonderoid. But they can always extend, reduce the amount of days required, or give a free day's worth.

Besides, giving more time before the reset versus patching a game-breaking exploit. Most of us would weigh patching the exploit as soon as possible.
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited May 2017
    Hope it goes well for the team. Will enjoy the weather outside during the maintenance.
  • NekudanNekudan
    Reactions: 910
    edited May 2017
    Out of curiousity, what was the exploit and how was it done?
    I login but barely play so Ive not really noticed...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited May 2017
    Nekudan wrote: »

The exploit is related to Re:Zero's Attendance. However the method was only possible by hacking which specifics can't be mentioned how due to the forum rules.

Using those hacks, they were able to re-complete a quest without actually completing it and obtain rewards every single time. Reward Boxes can contain mesos, spell traces and much more. The only way for legitimate players to notice is that quite a few suspicious people with gibberish IGNs managed to win 500 million mesos that's announced world-wide which was uncommon and very unlikely.

I was wrong. It was to fix the overstay in investigation mode by 15 minutes.
  • JackLongJackLong
    Reactions: 511
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

The exploit is related to Re:Zero's Attendance. However the method was only possible by hacking which specifics can't be mentioned how due to the forum rules.

Using those hacks, they were able to re-complete a quest without actually completing it and obtain rewards every single time. Reward Boxes can contain mesos, spell traces and much more. The only way for legitimate players to notice is that quite a few suspicious people with gibberish IGNs managed to win 500 million mesos that's announced world-wide which was uncommon and very unlikely.

I thought they addressed that on the backend? I wasn't seeing any messages later on yesterday.

It would really suck if all they did was address the logout exploit at stairs during investigation...
  • IHadToIHadTo
    Reactions: 955
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    JackLong wrote: »

I thought they addressed that on the backend? I wasn't seeing any messages later on yesterday.

It would really suck if all they did was address the logout exploit at stairs during investigation...

Maybe abusers were just farming boxes and not using them until the dead hours. I don't know because we were never told what was done.
    Fuzzykiwi1
  • Fuzzykiwi1Fuzzykiwi1
    Reactions: 420
    edited May 2017
    SO this maintenance is to hopefully ban the hackers?
    well cool lmao they're super annoying, I've seen they're starting to change to kinesis botters D:
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited May 2017
    JackLong wrote: »

I highly doubt an unscheduled maintenance will be related to fixing an event. The only reason that they could is if it gave abnormal rewards such as the BFF event.

I'm not too sure on the specifics on how Nexon works in patching exploits, but I assuming they bandaged it without a maintenance. Now I'm assuming they're just making sure to close off the loophole for good.

Since this thread and reply exists, I believe it is related to the Re:Zero Random Boxes and Attendance.

I was wrong. It was to fix the overstay in investigation mode by 15 minutes.
    IHadTo wrote: »
    Maybe abusers were just farming boxes and not using them until the dead hours. I don't know because we were never told what was done.

Most of the things Nexon does in order to punish people are not disclosed to the public in order to avoid a countermeasure by cheaters to go-around their investigation methods. I can only assume that even if they didn't open their exploited boxes, they'll still be caught for using the method to obtain them in the first place.
  • KannanoobKannanoob
    Reactions: 400
    edited May 2017
    I hope this will solve the market of the superior crystal. Since 4 days ago I noticed an indiscriminate increase of superior crystal in the auction
    Before very rare form someone sells 400/1000 superior crystal at the same time.
    But for 4 days I noticed in the auction 10 to 20 pack of 9000 superior crystal
    And thanks to this the market was devalued so much that its regular cost of 750k / 1m step to 350k / 400k mesos