[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else think the wonderoid thing is too hard?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    :T -as I am still in misery over Rhea- and I can't JQ to save my dang life.
    If you're still willing to try, which part are you struggling on? There are quite a few of us that can guide you to victory.

Honestly, B1 required the help of my Dad (Ya know, he grew up playing the Ultimate JQ, Super Mario) so...all of B1. Although my frustration ends up ruining my B4 so I can't even get to B1
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    If you're still willing to try, which part are you struggling on? There are quite a few of us that can guide you to victory.
    Honestly, B1 required the help of my Dad (Ya know, he grew up playing the Ultimate JQ, Super Mario) so...all of B1. Although my frustration ends up ruining my B4 so I can't even get to B1

That's rather awesome you have someone that can help you out.

In terms of B4 the main things are:
    - Mind the gap for holes in the floor.
    - When approaching the crane use the Wonderoid teleport as far as you can. The best scenario is when the Wonderoid is on the edge before the first chain, the player is on the 2nd last chain to the left, and warp the Wonderoid to the 2nd slope going down. Be mindful of the slope going upwards because if you're not on the flat surface and jumping for the first chain, that's a good death sentence.
    - When going down the slope, use jump and be mindful about the physics for your own character. Go slow on this one but mind the gap.
    - For the Wonderoids being un-assembled I just teleport the Wonderoid past it (regardless of whoever it is) just in-case I don't trigger an accident that shuts down the Wonderoid.
    - For navigating the conveyor, let your Wonderoid go first. Creep up to near the conveyor, but not on it. Make your Wonderoid jump, then go on the conveyor.
    - The best way to pass lasers is move pass as it turns off. If moving while it is off, there'll be not enough time to pass through if barely.
    - When approaching the end of the conveyor if the Wonderoid hasn't jump, make it jump. Then go the opposite direction to slow down your character movement so you don't slam into the spike wall. When you land, find the vent and break it quickly and go through. Don't worry about the Wonderoid, you can grab it after the spike wall has passed by jumping back down.

I made a gameplay video which took 4 passes. I don't think it's any different from others aside from possible accidents (fortunately I didn't encounter any for this B4 video):

If those aren't the possible things you're struggling on, I'd like to know what the issue is.
  • PermPerm
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2017
    this pretty much sums up my BF-1 Experience:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CoyMagnificentDolphinBatChest
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2017
    Perm wrote: »
    this pretty much sums up my BF-1 Experience:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CoyMagnificentDolphinBatChest

Hehe, I feel your pain.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2017

That's rather awesome you have someone that can help you out.

In terms of B4 the main things are:
    - Mind the gap for holes in the floor.
    - When approaching the crane use the Wonderoid teleport as far as you can. The best scenario is when the Wonderoid is on the edge before the first chain, the player is on the 2nd last chain to the left, and warp the Wonderoid to the 2nd slope going down. Be mindful of the slope going upwards because if you're not on the flat surface and jumping for the first chain, that's a good death sentence.
    - When going down the slope, use jump and be mindful about the physics for your own character. Go slow on this one but mind the gap.
    - For the Wonderoids being un-assembled I just teleport the Wonderoid past it (regardless of whoever it is) just in-case I don't trigger an accident that shuts down the Wonderoid.
    - For navigating the conveyor, let your Wonderoid go first. Creep up to near the conveyor, but not on it. Make your Wonderoid jump, then go on the conveyor.
    - The best way to pass lasers is move pass as it turns off. If moving while it is off, there'll be not enough time to pass through if barely.
    - When approaching the end of the conveyor if the Wonderoid hasn't jump, make it jump. Then go the opposite direction to slow down your character movement so you don't slam into the spike wall. When you land, find the vent and break it quickly and go through. Don't worry about the Wonderoid, you can grab it after the spike wall has passed by jumping back down.

I made a gameplay video which took 4 passes. I don't think it's any different from others aside from possible accidents (fortunately I didn't encounter any for this B4 video):

If those aren't the possible things you're struggling on, I'd like to know what the issue is.
    Uhm...first of all, this is Apollo...I am doing Rhea...and I just got another accident report on her...I honestly gotta ask...what are all of the reports Rhea can get? (God, I finally got past the lasers and then I get an accident report "Guilty Feet have no Rhythm" as she goes up the third conveyer belt.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited May 2017
    Uhm...first of all, this is Apollo...I am doing Rhea...and I just got another accident report on her...I honestly gotta ask...what are all of the reports Rhea can get? (God, I finally got past the lasers and then I get an accident report "Guilty Feet have no Rhythm" as she goes up the third conveyer belt.

Most of the navigation stays the same.

I usually just collect the 30 coins for each new accident report I get. Accidents can be repeated so maybe there is a condition, but I haven't figured out what they are yet.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2017

Most of the navigation stays the same.

I usually just collect the 30 coins for each new accident report I get. Accidents can be repeated so maybe there is a condition, but I haven't figured out what they are yet.

Made it to B3, and discovered ALL of the Accident reports ever. I have gotten...4 or so. "Whoopsie" "Post Traumatic Stress" and "Power Starved" to name a few. Only reason I am not at B2 is cuz I get an accident every run in B3 XD
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited May 2017
    Made it to B3, and discovered ALL of the Accident reports ever. I have gotten...4 or so. "Whoopsie" "Post Traumatic Stress" and "Power Starved" to name a few. Only reason I am not at B2 is cuz I get an accident every run in B3 XD

All those three accidents should be avoidable. If you haven't figured it out:

"Whoopsie" - Avoid elevator buttons by teleportation, or throwing them over the elevator.

"Post Traumatic Stress" - Make the Wonderoid crawl when approaching nearby interrogation rooms. (can't confirm)

"Power Starved" - This happens when you don't charge your Wonderoid at the charging station. To avoid this throw the Wonderoid over the charging station to completely avoid dialogue. Reason why? Read below:

"Power-Hungry" - This happens when you charge your Wonderoid at the charging station. To avoid this throw the Wonderoid over the charging station to completely avoid dialogue.

There's a compilation of accident reports on r/MapleStory here. What I generally do is just assume the worst and that every Wonderoid can be affected by it. But in reality, their defects are the ones that can hint which accident that can happen to them.

---

On a side note, good work so far on the progress!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2017

All those three accidents should be avoidable. If you haven't figured it out:

"Whoopsie" - Avoid elevator buttons by teleportation, or throwing them over the elevator.

"Post Traumatic Stress" - Make the Wonderoid crawl when approaching nearby interrogation rooms. (can't confirm)

"Power Starved" - This happens when you don't charge your Wonderoid at the charging station. To avoid this throw the Wonderoid over the charging station to completely avoid dialogue. Reason why? Read below:

"Power-Hungry" - This happens when you charge your Wonderoid at the charging station. To avoid this throw the Wonderoid over the charging station to completely avoid dialogue.

There's a compilation of accident reports on r/MapleStory here. What I generally do is just assume the worst and that every Wonderoid can be affected by it. But in reality, their defects are the ones that can hint which accident that can happen to them.

---

On a side note, good work so far on the progress!

Well...I am at B1, I actually made it to the Ladder on the steam...which is amazing for me.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • CookieAppleCookieApple
    Reactions: 490
    edited May 2017
    I spent long hours completing Aster, much shorter time for Rhea, and since Roxxy has the same map as Rhea which should be pretty easy. I had so much frustration at first since I suck at JQ and had to dealt with soooo maanyyy buggs that forces me to start all over from b4. In the end the feelings of completing something difficult are always the best. I learned a lot from videos and Im sure those vids will show you tricks (or maybe not?) Just sharing my experience and don't give up -just put your mind into it.
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 1,570
    edited May 2017
    I'm still seeing the bug where Aster completely stops responding once she hits the conveyor on B4. Buggy, overtuned, and blocking access to an event, whoever thought this was a great idea probably shouldn't be allowed to design events any more.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2017
    Welp...I decided to go to sleep (was still on B1) and the game decided to crash in my sleep...I am sad. Very...very sad.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited May 2017
    WatcherCCG wrote: »
    I'm still seeing the bug where Aster completely stops responding once she hits the conveyor on B4. Buggy, overtuned, and blocking access to an event, whoever thought this was a great idea probably shouldn't be allowed to design events any more.

If you're still willing, can you show me which part you're stuck on?
    Welp...I decided to go to sleep (was still on B1) and the game decided to crash in my sleep...I am sad. Very...very sad.

If only the save-points worked even if you logged off or disconnected. I feel sorry for making you go through this.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2017

If only the save-points worked even if you logged off or disconnected. I feel sorry for making you go through this.

No kidding, I am still hoping Nexon does SOMETHING about this Jump quest whether its a nerf or just adding in some true save points that work with Disconnects. (and make the dang outfits permanent)
    Its2Sharp4UWatcherCCG
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    edited May 2017

It's the very first laser conveyor belt on B4. I've finally figured out the pixel-perfect timing for the lasers, but the moment Aster touches the track, she becomes completely unresponsive as if her link was broken. Can't even teleport her.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited May 2017

It's the very first laser conveyor belt on B4. I've finally figured out the pixel-perfect timing for the lasers, but the moment Aster touches the track, she becomes completely unresponsive as if her link was broken. Can't even teleport her.

I believe I encountered this problem before. I think the main issue was not putting Aster on standby (if you do, she'll glitch out), and just throw her a bit ahead of the track, and . It was one of the problems that almost make me want to smash my keyboard (I didn't because if I did, I would have to replace it with my own money).

Not sure if videos help at this point, but I'll drop it here (this isn't my game-play) which happens in 2:15 in the video:

Or, you can simply teleport her (again, not my game-play) which happens in 2:15 in the video:
    WatcherCCGMetaRaid
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    edited May 2017
    Cheers, Sharp. But I don't have the patience at this point. Between the bugs, the shump-level reflexes required, and the elitism I'm seeing on this forum, I don't want to put up with this failure of an event much longer.
    Its2Sharp4UfoussiremixMetaRaid
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited May 2017
    Yes, but this is coming from someone who absolutely refuses to do jump quests of any difficulty.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2017
    Cheers, Sharp. But I don't have the patience at this point. Between the bugs, the shump-level reflexes required, and the elitism I'm seeing on this forum, I don't want to put up with this failure of an event much longer.

I have to concur...I am now "Floor falling" and it is just making me frustrated beyond belief. -stares at Nexon- Please do something BEFORE the event is over and all of us whom cannot do Jump quests well...miss out.
    WatcherCCGIts2Sharp4Ufoussiremix
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited May 2017
    can we get nerf on B1 please, maybe a save point once we made to the "False exit"? I think B1 is a bit unfair because we need to go back to the start, which counts as another stage.
    Deadly_Arrows