[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why doesn't nexon investigate FM shops?

Comments

• NequeoNequeo
    Reactions: 1,000
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Sorrow wrote: »
    People are reporting hackers, the issue is nothing is being done after they get reported. We see the players we report in-game roaming around after they've been reported days ago, weeks ago, etc. And often these are people that should've been permanently banned.

this.

weeks later, i still see the exact same blaze wizard, in the exact same map, in the exact same channel, standing on the exact same spot, botting
  • FusaGikoFusaGiko
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2017
    removed
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Let's not let this thread die. Nexon claims to be against not only the hacker itself but benefiting off of them.

This logically means that players receiving large amounts of elite drops from hackers must be punished.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Hopefully something comes of this, nothing so far though.
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Dominikos wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? there are just 7 servers alliances/non alliances.... with less than 8 fms i think? #Okhura don´t talk about "a lot" of fms.... and isn´t there 1 GM -.-

There are more than 8 FM rooms per server, and each room can host around (just guessing here) 20 shops. Conservatively (8 rooms occupied) that's around a thousand shops open at any given time.
    Assuming the owner doesn't pack up and vanish or sell their wares before they're discovered.

Regardless, it's best to simply report a user in-game or via a ticket. Scanning shop-to-shop is a terribly inefficient method of search and it's better for GMs to have a target, and memeing on the forum isn't the proper way to get hackers banned.

there's literally a policy put in place that GMs usually aren't even allowed to look inside players' shops
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    xparasite9 wrote: »
    there's literally a policy put in place that GMs usually aren't even allowed to look inside players' shops

Please do not claim things about Nexon's policies that don't have a source; there is absolutely no evidence to suggest such a policy.

I'm not even sure where that came from, honestly, as even if this was true (and it's probably not), they have confirmed (implicitly and explicitly) back-end detection methods for tracking items and mesos and the players who trade them.
    Because in all my time playing I have never heard of any such policy or anything remotely indicative of such policy.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

Please do not claim things about Nexon's policies that don't have a source; there is absolutely no evidence to suggest such a policy.

I'm not even sure where that came from, honestly, as even if this was true (and it's probably not), they have confirmed (implicitly and explicitly) back-end detection methods for tracking items and mesos and the players who trade them.
    Because in all my time playing I have never heard of any such policy or anything remotely indicative of such policy.

Which brings us full circle: if they have back-end detection, what do they need us to report suspicious shops for?
    Its2Sharp4URollsIvangoldLilyflower
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    is it not possible to ban the accounts connected to the elite boss hackers? Come on nexon...
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Which brings us full circle: if they have back-end detection, what do they need us to report suspicious shops for?

Probably because their back-end detection is coded in Korean and they can't translate? Lol.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017

They have back-end tracking, not omniscience. You can't search for something if you don't know where to start looking. It's not like a machine that goes "beep" every time someone opens a shop with potentially duped items, and you can't really just "SELECT * FROM USERS WHERE EXISTS(SELECT * FROM DUPED_ITEM WHERE DUPED_ITEM.Owner = USER.Name)" on players.

It's still very much better to report players you find suspicious, regardless.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

They have back-end tracking, not omniscience. You can't search for something if you don't know where to start looking. It's not like a machine that goes "beep" every time someone opens a shop with potentially duped items, and you can't really just "SELECT * FROM USERS WHERE EXISTS(SELECT * FROM DUPED_ITEM WHERE DUPED_ITEM.Owner = USER.Name)" on players.

It's still very much better to report players you find suspicious, regardless.

No, but you can search for players with large quantities of elite drops. And you can trigger an investigation into where they got those drops, and ban their entire army of bots in one fell swoop.
    And you can search for players with two or more items that are identical (including potential) and flag that for investigation as well.

Reporting is incredibly inefficient because I'm sure CS is drowning in reports: duplicate, fake, nonsensical, and valid. It's quite obvious they can't keep up with the reports, because we report a botter or a shop and see them still there the next day and the next week.
    A simple piece of code that checks shops - or character inventories - would be a lot more effective.
    Its2Sharp4UBahamut_XIvangoldRolls
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    They definitely need to have alerts for unrealistic amounts of elite drops (and also nodestones). These are what players are hacking/botting for. They give themselves away when they go to sell all you have to do is act.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Just caught and reported a prominent node seller's mules from bellocan today. Hopefully nexon decides to actually follow the item flow from these hacker accounts and not let the main account which doesn't do the actual hacking get away with it. Sigh....

You can't just sell hacked items from your side hacking accounts and get away with it....
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited June 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Just caught and reported a prominent node seller's mules from bellocan today. Hopefully nexon decides to actually follow the item flow from these hacker accounts and not let the main account which doesn't do the actual hacking get away with it. Sigh....

You can't just sell hacked items from your side hacking accounts and get away with it....

Apparently they can
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Just come play at reboot. no more trading. It is more balanced. And it is harder. you can't hack and move your items to another char to sell it later. you have to build your char from scratch.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »
    Just come play at reboot. no more trading. It is more balanced. And it is harder. you can't hack and move your items to another char to sell it later. you have to build your char from scratch.

And yet it's full of botters and hackers as well.
    forumsareannoying
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »

You can however carry people bosses via hacks, and hack an account by farming an unbelievable amount of mesos to sell it on the Black Market. I don't think it's more "balanced" when there are certain people running around with hacked Black Swordsman and Beater Medals. I'm pretty sure those with hacked Monolith skill are banned now, but look how long before action was taken on them. Not to forget some people just manage to dodge that bullet. Same applies with the Arcane Symbols exploit.

Reboot is just as bad as other servers in terms of hacking and botting.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited June 2017
    Shops still an issue but lets also bring up anouther. Players soloing Lucid on multiple accounts. There aren't a great deal of groups that can clear Lucid legit. You should be keeping an eye on Lucid clears. You'd get a lot of hackers that way too. Hackers farming Lucid on multiple characters so they make bank when the 24 weeks are up.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited June 2017
    The real question is why aren't GMs taking action against those who literally shout to the world that they're selling items for real money via a megaphone.

Wouldn't have to report that if a GM it-self can see it with their own eyes so why aren't they getting banned?
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    Shops still an issue but lets also bring up anouther. Players soloing Lucid on multiple accounts. There aren't a great deal of groups that can clear Lucid legit. You should be keeping an eye on Lucid clears. You'd get a lot of hackers that way too. Hackers farming Lucid on multiple characters so they make bank when the 24 weeks are up.

Hopefully arwooo is reading this thread and forwarding to the appropriate team. There is good stuff in here such as this quoted post.