[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.222 16th Anniversary: Hotel Maple Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else think the wonderoid thing is too hard?

Comments

  • CookieAppleCookieApple
    Reactions: 490
    Posts: 27
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Lair wrote: »
    can we get nerf on B1 please, maybe a save point once we made to the "False exit"? I think B1 is a bit unfair because we need to go back to the start, which counts as another stage.

    +1 B1 needs a checkpoint at the elevator
    Deadly_ArrowsRollsLairSlicedTime
  • Deadly_ArrowsDeadly_Arrows
    Reactions: 1,300
    Posts: 43
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Lair wrote: »
    can we get nerf on B1 please, maybe a save point once we made to the "False exit"? I think B1 is a bit unfair because we need to go back to the start, which counts as another stage.

    +1 B1 needs a checkpoint at the elevator

    I totally agree !
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,375
    Posts: 231
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    It's a very hard thing - espcially the B1 floor.
    Have to practice a lot before you becomes good to reach to the end.

    Also, if a player is being disconnected - he has the start eveything all over again - instead of letting the player to continue for the floor he used to stop.
    I would even appreciate if it was possible to leave in the middle and then continue starting from the last stage which the player reached to.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Posts: 365
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    My god
    I nearly finished B3 and than fell through the floor.
  • JannaJanna
    Reactions: 640
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Played for hours yesterday trying to get through B1. Don't think I'll ever get through this since I'm bad at jump quests. The 'difficulty adjustments' helped a little, but hardly much. :(
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    Posts: 99
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Janna wrote: »
    Played for hours yesterday trying to get through B1. Don't think I'll ever get through this since I'm bad at jump quests. The 'difficulty adjustments' helped a little, but hardly much. :(

    They made changes to b1 to make it "Easier" but it actually made sections of it harder. Rip this event
  • xsuperDxsuperD
    Reactions: 210
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Personally I don't think B1 is even that hard. Only takes me 10-15 minutes to complete it at most now. The only thing needed is during the x.5 floors, you should be able to log off and back in and be in that map still. So for example If you are in B1.5 for example, you should be able to log off and be back on there.

    When you do B1 guys, do the method that is best for you. For me, the method I used, I couldnt find a video showing the exact method I use. So just because someone uses the conveyor belt for the 2nd part of B1, doesn't mean you have to use that.
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    Posts: 60
    Member
    edited June 2017
    xsuperD wrote: »
    Personally I don't think B1 is even that hard. Only takes me 10-15 minutes to complete it at most now. The only thing needed is during the x.5 floors, you should be able to log off and back in and be in that map still. So for example If you are in B1.5 for example, you should be able to log off and be back on there.

    When you do B1 guys, do the method that is best for you. For me, the method I used, I couldnt find a video showing the exact method I use. So just because someone uses the conveyor belt for the 2nd part of B1, doesn't mean you have to use that.

    Wow, is B1 that easy?

    Am I the only one struggling for 48+ hours and still can't complete it? T.T
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,720
    Posts: 266
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Lair wrote: »
    xsuperD wrote: »
    Personally I don't think B1 is even that hard. Only takes me 10-15 minutes to complete it at most now. The only thing needed is during the x.5 floors, you should be able to log off and back in and be in that map still. So for example If you are in B1.5 for example, you should be able to log off and be back on there.

    When you do B1 guys, do the method that is best for you. For me, the method I used, I couldnt find a video showing the exact method I use. So just because someone uses the conveyor belt for the 2nd part of B1, doesn't mean you have to use that.

    Wow, is B1 that easy?

    Am I the only one struggling for 48+ hours and still can't complete it? T.T

    No, some people have given up entirely. It's admirable that you keep going at it despite it all.
  • ZqribbleZqribble
    Reactions: 515
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Well I finally got the bulk of the Wonderoid content out of the way. Surprising, considering how grueling it was. The wondroids and other shop items. are pretty cool but as many have stated, the rewards don't seem to reflect the effort needed to be put into this event. Dang. If it's any incentive to anyone, there's a 1000 coin reward for rescuing all 8 wondroids and finishing the questline after defeating the Scion. :/

    Also, for those who didn't already know, there does seem to be permanent versions of the wondroid outfits. Though they are acquired through premium surprise style boxes. Which is still a shame. I just wanted it in shop. -_-
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    Posts: 1,572
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Zqribble wrote: »
    Well I finally got the bulk of the Wonderoid content out of the way. Surprising, considering how grueling it was. The wondroids and other shop items. are pretty cool but as many have stated, the rewards don't seem to reflect the effort needed to be put into this event. Dang. If it's any incentive to anyone, there's a 1000 coin reward for rescuing all 8 wondroids and finishing the questline after defeating the Scion. :/

    Also, for those who didn't already know, there does seem to be permanent versions of the wondroid outfits. Though they are acquired through premium surprise style boxes. Which is still a shame. I just wanted it in shop. -_-

    ...-loses my mind- JUST GIVE US THE INDIVIDUAL ITEMS NEXON, I'm not buying yo RNG boxes! Maybe some of these folks will do the same...
    WatcherCCGShadEight
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 970
    Posts: 42
    Member
    edited June 2017
    With Burning now in play, I can safely say screw this event. I have Mihile, Kanna, Xenon, DB, and Evan to power level.
  • MiwaMiwa
    Reactions: 620
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited June 2017
    tEwc.jpg I want this thing to be a bit closer, I've already missed this jump 4 times already.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,090
    Posts: 381
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Zqribble wrote: »
    Well I finally got the bulk of the Wonderoid content out of the way. Surprising, considering how grueling it was. The wondroids and other shop items. are pretty cool but as many have stated, the rewards don't seem to reflect the effort needed to be put into this event. Dang. If it's any incentive to anyone, there's a 1000 coin reward for rescuing all 8 wondroids and finishing the questline after defeating the Scion. :/

    Also, for those who didn't already know, there does seem to be permanent versions of the wondroid outfits. Though they are acquired through premium surprise style boxes. Which is still a shame. I just wanted it in shop. -_-

    ...-loses my mind- JUST GIVE US THE INDIVIDUAL ITEMS NEXON, I'm not buying yo RNG boxes! Maybe some of these folks will do the same...

    ^Yep I'm not giving a single cent for this rotation out of spite. They were just trying to tease us with 30 day versions in the hopes that we'd spend upward of 100 bucks to get the permanent outfit of our respective wondroid.

    I thought this event couldn't get any worse (what with the annoying JQ, the buggy maps, the accidental bans, etc) but somehow nexon found a way as they always do.
    Its2Sharp4UWatcherCCGPetalmagic
  • xsuperDxsuperD
    Reactions: 210
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Lair wrote: »
    xsuperD wrote: »
    Personally I don't think B1 is even that hard. Only takes me 10-15 minutes to complete it at most now. The only thing needed is during the x.5 floors, you should be able to log off and back in and be in that map still. So for example If you are in B1.5 for example, you should be able to log off and be back on there.

    When you do B1 guys, do the method that is best for you. For me, the method I used, I couldnt find a video showing the exact method I use. So just because someone uses the conveyor belt for the 2nd part of B1, doesn't mean you have to use that.

    Wow, is B1 that easy?

    Am I the only one struggling for 48+ hours and still can't complete it? T.T

    Well its not easy and its not hard. To be fair, the heart is end game stuff so it wouldn't be fair to make it super easy to get. Maplestory needs challenges like this.

    For the record I manage to do the JQ for the other Wondroid (which is a bit harder)
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    Posts: 60
    Member
    edited June 2017
    xsuperD wrote: »
    Lair wrote: »
    xsuperD wrote: »
    Personally I don't think B1 is even that hard. Only takes me 10-15 minutes to complete it at most now. The only thing needed is during the x.5 floors, you should be able to log off and back in and be in that map still. So for example If you are in B1.5 for example, you should be able to log off and be back on there.

    When you do B1 guys, do the method that is best for you. For me, the method I used, I couldnt find a video showing the exact method I use. So just because someone uses the conveyor belt for the 2nd part of B1, doesn't mean you have to use that.

    Wow, is B1 that easy?

    Am I the only one struggling for 48+ hours and still can't complete it? T.T

    Well its not easy and its not hard. To be fair, the heart is end game stuff so it wouldn't be fair to make it super easy to get. Maplestory needs challenges like this.

    For the record I manage to do the JQ for the other Wondroid (which is a bit harder)

    I agree with you but I think the challenge is in the wrong place. Being good at jqs isn't necessary for endgame contents :( ... But if a boss like Ursus gives a BiS item then i totally would love to take on the challenge!
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited June 2017
    I agree, it is way too hard, especially the ones after Aster. And this is coming from someone that loves jump quests.
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 1,475
    Posts: 105
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Do I need to take each roid through this jump quest or is it just Aster? I live in a remote part of the world so I only have one ISP and it's a potato so even on the best day lag still makes JQ near impossible for me... so since it's now the first hour of trying to get Aster to safety I got to ask, do I need to do this with each and everyone of them? It's kind of killing my soul :'(
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,720
    Posts: 266
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Khongi wrote: »
    Do I need to take each roid through this jump quest or is it just Aster? I live in a remote part of the world so I only have one ISP and it's a potato so even on the best day lag still makes JQ near impossible for me... so since it's now the first hour of trying to get Aster to safety I got to ask, do I need to do this with each and everyone of them? It's kind of killing my soul :'(

    Yes, you'll need to go through a jump quest for each android and the JQ for the subsequent androids after Aster are more difficult. The good news is, however, you don't have to save every android before you can buy them from the coin shop. After you save an android, it becomes available for purchase, so I suggest picking an android you like and saving only them after Aster. Unless you want Sarim in which case, you'll need to save Kat first so... :/

    But if you find it too difficult, you could save only Aster and settle for her. After saving her, you unlock Investigation mode, which allows you to earn unlimited coins from mobs for 15 mins 5 times a day after which you'll need an Aspire Visitor's ID if you want to access it further.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 1,910
    Posts: 336
    Member
    edited June 2017
    btw for the check in (incase you haven't check the wonderoid page) you only have to attempt and die.