[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

So...who's excited for Override?

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited June 2017 in General Chat
More specifically...various changes to both leeching, drop rates, 5th job, and other things?
  1. What is the most exciting thing about Override?50 votes
    1. Legion System, of course!
       36% (18 votes)
    2. Those new 5th job skills
       32% (16 votes)
    3. Don't even talk to me about the Leeching changes, what will my Kanna do now?
       6% (3 votes)
    4. Drop rate...? Yeah...I'm excited about that...
       6% (3 votes)
    5. Arcana and Omega Sector! New Maps~
       8% (4 votes)
    6. Events...because...why not.
       6% (3 votes)
    7. Other (Feel free to say so in the comments)
       6% (3 votes)

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    I'm very excited for Legion!

Definitely looking forward to it myself...I wonder if we will get it first patch (the micro site implies we are getting this in two patches)
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    mm the fact that the other servers already leaked (showed gms players) the content, the excitement is pretty much low, now that we know what to expect.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    mm the fact that the other servers already leaked (showed gms players) the content, the excitement is pretty much low, now that we know what to expect.

We haven't gotten to experience it yet though...that's what makes it exciting :D
    deadend5193forumsareannoying
  • SpdzSpdz
    Reactions: 420
    edited June 2017
    Hopefully a new reboot server for EU XD
    forumsareannoyingEvora
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    I have my eyes on the new skill "Blades of Destiny" and the new character stat system Legion. I'll probably need to farm more nodestones and level up my characters to benefit from this...

Drop rate isn't going to help out. That'll be a nightmare to deal with.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited June 2017
    glad I got tons of nodes to get my new skills
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited June 2017
    Remember what happened back in....Maplestory V? I bet its going to be like this one.
    forumsareannoying
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited June 2017
    Am I the only one excited for the return of the Mesorangers?
    DarkPassengerdeadend5193DividedFlowTraveler5577
    edited June 2017
    I have my eyes on the new skill "Blades of Destiny" and the new character stat system Legion. I'll probably need to farm more nodestones and level up my characters to benefit from this...

the nodestone drop rate was increased for other servers at least for kms server not sure about SEA
  • MidnightLouieMidnightLouie
    Reactions: 550
    edited June 2017
    I really really want the Synergy Grid! Then it would make grinding up trash characters to Level 200 viable! :)
    forumsareannoyingDividedFlow
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

Pretty much this. The "excitement" was 5 months ago.

Looking forward to the patch though yes for sure.
    SlicedTimeDarkPassenger
  • iHateForumsiHateForums
    Reactions: 560
    edited June 2017
    Are we not going to talk about how horrible the drop rates currently are before implementing a drop rate nerf?!?!
    Kylehell007
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 1,570
    edited June 2017
    The Legion system looks amazing. I can finally get all my Heroes, Explorers, and Knights to fight together just like I imagined they would if this was a proper RPG.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited June 2017
    Idk what's legion system but seems very cool I hope this update seems fun and exciting, oh and the most important thing is the drop rate of node s tone I hope it's not a nerf because it will be a nightmare please no nerf for the nodestone.
    edited June 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    Idk what's legion system but seems very cool I hope this update seems fun and exciting, oh and the most important thing is the drop rate of node s tone I hope it's not a nerf because it will be a nightmare please no nerf for the nodestone.

Legion is what will be replacing the character card system, an easier way to gain stat boosts. It will be based on total level of your characters and starforce but the starforce is just used to determine (along with the total levels) the damage done to the legion boss.
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited June 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »

Legion is what will be replacing the character card system, an easier way to gain stat boosts. It will be based on total level of your characters and starforce but the starforce is just used to determine (along with the total levels) the damage done to the legion boss.
    oh okay I see thanks for the information.

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017

the nodestone drop rate was increased for other servers at least for kms server not sure about SEA

The problem isn't that.

The problem is with the calculations after the nodestone boost. Those who have drop gears would suffer heavily. I'm not sure what familiars or inner abilities are considered as but the overall result found: It was a BIG NERF.

Source: r/MapleStory - Nexon Korea's Response to Drop Rate Changes in KMS v 1.2.275

What that means is that it will be more harder to farm overall. With the amount of hacking that's going on it'll make it a lot more profitable and we'll be seeing an ever bigger botting scale after this patch hits. The main idea now is basically farm now for better rates or suffer after the patch hits.

The only player(s) who would benefit from such a change:
    • Hackers
    • Players with 0% drop rate boost
    forumsareannoyingLilyflower
  • SimplezSSimplezS
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2017
    Am I the only one who is prepared for the classic Nexon massive downtime after every patch and tons of Unscheduled Maintenance's? Sounds like so much fun Kappa. But on a serious note looking forward to all the new content yes maybe bring in some more players.
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 1,570
    edited June 2017
    Actually I do hope Legion works across world alliances, now I think of it. I spread my characters across one to save on NX and would love to have them all work together.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017

The problem isn't that.

The problem is with the calculations after the nodestone boost. Those who have drop gears would suffer heavily. I'm not sure what familiars or inner abilities are considered as but the overall result found: It was a BIG NERF.

Source: r/MapleStory - Nexon Korea's Response to Drop Rate Changes in KMS v 1.2.275

What that means is that it will be more harder to farm overall. With the amount of hacking that's going on it'll make it a lot more profitable and we'll be seeing an ever bigger botting scale after this patch hits. The main idea now is basically farm now for better rates or suffer after the patch hits.

The only player(s) who would benefit from such a change:
    • Hackers
    • Players with 0% drop rate boost

Well then...I have 20% drop rate on an IA...that kinda sucks.