[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MapleStory or MapleStory 2 for consoles?

XtremanXtreman
Reactions: 400
edited December 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
I know this might be a long stretch and to say the truth i don't see MapleStory 1 ever going to consoles, but as i'm looking at MapleStory 2 more and more I can definitely see it adapted to consoles, specially and hopefully its release date to NA soon. I do believe that it will bring way more attraction, community, and popularity. I have loved Maplestory ever since i was in middle school and till this day is still a guilt pleasure of mine, I love everything about it, but in my recent events i haven't been able to play it because i don't have a computer and can't get one for money reasons. I have been seen all of this different MMORPG games coming to consoles, and i was hoping if it was EVER possible for a MapleStory or MapleStory 2 game, and i believe that it is possible. Just look at any Free to Play MMORPG for consoles, for the most, they started on computer than converted to consoles, so yeah i do believe its possible Tell me what you guys think? would you guys be excited for MapleStory 2 for consoles? If so, Nexon what can we do or what has to happen so it could happen?
  1. Would you play Maplaestory or Maplestory 2 in a console?1 vote
    1. Yes
       100% (1 vote)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited June 2017
    Aha but then the question would become for WHICH console? I think it would be a nightmare to convert the keyboard hot keys onto a game controller but if they managed to make it work then I could see myself giving it a try.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited June 2017
    I dont see it happening, one of the reasons being Korea would have to make that development decision and would likely not do any kind of console port of the game, but they may make single player, side story games like they have in the past (maplestory DS, Maplestory and the girl of fate)

Also, Being a MS 2 player I just cant see it being effective for any kind of control to play it with a controller only.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited June 2017
    I can definitely see it being for the Switch, as previous single-player Maplestory spin-off games were released for Nintendo (DS)
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited June 2017
    If maple 1 can work with a controler, i can guess maple 2 can work in consoles, i think it could be any console, why be so specific @NeoTokyoDude?
  • NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited June 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »
    If maple 1 can work with a controler, i can guess maple 2 can work in consoles, i think it could be any console, why be so specific @NeoTokyoDude?

I would say the same thing for most online games, if developers can manage to get that type of game to gel well on a console (with a controller) I'd probably be willing to try it.