[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Classes

EsoumEsoum
Reactions: 600
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Now hear me out, I know we just got blaster a few months back. I made this topic to read some suggestions on theoretical classes on existing groups. For example Nova, which has a warrior and pirate class. Another group like the Resistance which have almost all 5 classes, I will not count Xenon because I see it as a unique class and not part of the branching paths (I know Nova and Sengoku also have the character specific creation selection, though still). I would like to hear people's thoughts on what new class they would like to see, as well as ideas on how they would work, what type of play style they would have and what skills would they use?

What I would like to see is a legitimate monster class. I already know there was a Pink Bean class also The Demon does not count since he is Resistance. But still a full on group of different types of monster classes. They could use skills monsters use. Also instead of job advancing they can get "promoted" with starting at "Mob" to "Boss" at the end of the advancement. But this just my opinion. Please share some ideas If you have any.
  1. What group would you like to see have more classes or have thier missing classes filled?34 votes
    1. Nova (Mage,Thief,Bowman)
       18% (6 votes)
    2. Resistanstance (Thief)
       15% (5 votes)
    3. FriendStory (Warrior,Thief,Pirate,Bowman)
       12% (4 votes)
    4. Sengoku (Thief,Pirate,Bowman)
       29% (10 votes)
    5. Transendent
       12% (4 votes)
    6. Monster
       9% (3 votes)
    7. New Group
       6% (2 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    The last thing this game needs is more classes.
    UzumeRetr0_genji123
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2016
    it would be cool to work for the black mage. i want to kill the present day empress and chief stan.
    QilbyNumbNinjaElise
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Ayame is such cool looking pirate though, the whole concept was already done in JMS and it's only been used for an event so far.
    DeeMonthrakkesJettLuvsU
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited October 2016
    Demon isn't even resistance, his role was replaced by Blaster. If demon is still resistance even after Blaster's release, then so is Xenon.
    More classes is just too much for this game, there is only so many different takes that you can do with a class, and MapleStory has basically already fulfilled nearly all of them. More classes would just create a "samey" feel to the game. I mean heck, I already believe in my own opinion that Blaster is just a pretty bland, overly flashy class.
    They should put the efforts into something else that would be good for the game, like more interesting areas.
  • SpectralRyderSpectralRyder
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited October 2016
    honestly, i'd like to see some freindstory classes that are linked to the explorer branch, although there's already more than enough classes to play as currently, and we could definitely wait a good while before introducing more...
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited October 2016
    Nomad 3rd Explorer Archer Class that uses composite bows and is super tanky compared to the other ones.
  • EsoumEsoum
    Reactions: 600
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The last thing this game needs is more classes.
    yes I know the game is over saturated with classes but this is just for fun I don't expect any new classes to come until long LONG time passes.
  • WillScarletWillScarlet
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited October 2016
    I'd like a friendstory job... mainly because Kinesis stoyline feels incomplete and a lot can come out of it...
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Playing as Edea (? Nova mage?) might be fun lol. Might be hard to write her into a storyline, though. Maybe Velderoth (Nova...thief?) might be easier?

Really just want the Explorer or Nova storylines to continue.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited October 2016
    There's still plenty of regional lore which can be expanded upon through new characters. The tricky bits comes in developing innovative mechanics for the new class.

Remember Rondo from your small circle of explorer friends from Maple island? We get a small glimpse into his backstory during a sidequest, but never really diving further into his origins. (I won't spoil it here)

Here is a Nova Magician class design I made which not only utilizes a creative support/saboteur mechanic, but also indirectly elaborates further on Rondo.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited October 2016
    Yonax
    Yonax said:

Ayame is such cool looking pirate though, the whole concept was already done in JMS and it's only been used for an event so far.
    Exactly this ^^ Btw, Ayame wasn't from event, but a permanent content. I consider event as temporary stuff lol. People who want try Ayame, just do Princess No prequests and playing as Ayame (party leader) in Princess No alter dungeon where we farm Hieizan Temple key . The event quest we had when that content came out was to get Princess No damage skin. Plus one medal quest.
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited October 2016
    I like alot of the classes I try are good though I'm a magican or darkness type :D but it would super awesome if my lil bro's idea of a scythe wielding character would come to life :3 ehehe
  • TribalStarTribalStar
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited January 2017
    The only logical class I wish to see is Claudine's from the resistance, I know it is a thief and I would love some back story on how she was trained or if she is indeed a master thief
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2017
    Congrats on the four-month necro, Tribal. You ought to take note of when the last post was before adding your own.
  • NumbNinjaNumbNinja
    Reactions: 995
    edited January 2017
    Not a new class but... rework Jett...
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited January 2017
    I really want them to finish 5th job first (I'm sick of the one skill every six months thing) before making more, but I want to see the Nova story continued with the mage, archer, and thief classes eventually. It leaves off with no distinct ending.
    I'm seconding the Black Mage helping class. Maybe some mage class (I know, mage classes are 'common', but they're my favorite) that fights based on draining monster hp or something.
    And I would still like to see a Puppeteer class. Maybe even a specific one (Francis), because aside from some minor things, we know little about him. Before Black Heaven, they were kind of telling us things, but they've just stopped.
  • UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited January 2017
    I just want Corsairs to become the definition of glass cannon.
    NumbNinja