[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

trying to create a perma beginner?

CrawfishhCrawfishh
Reactions: 400
edited July 2017 in General Chat
Hi everyone. I'm trying to make a perma beginner, but I'm stuck.
A while ago all of my characters were deleted because I wasn't able to migrate my account on time. Big tragedy, cried real tears, etc. This was a while ago, and I've since started playing again with the motivation to just re-create some of my favourite characters from scratch because I just enjoy the game so much.

One of my chars was a lvl 80 perma beginner. I tried to remake her yesterday, but unless I'm doing something wrong, it seems stat distribution is locked until I pick a first job.
4de58f2014d0906fa9982411fe17c854.png
I've tried leveling up to lvl 10 to see if that made a difference but it didn't. The internet has no info at all since I don't think there are many people with the same problem as people either still have all of their characters, or stopped playing.

I'd be really sad if they changed something that makes it impossible to use your stats unless you pick a job. In that case, is there a way I'm still able to play a perma beginner? It was honestly one of my favourite characters to play.

Comments

• HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited July 2017
    you have to pass level 10. I made a lvl 200 perma beginner before. Also leeching is a pain now so GL.
    Crawfishh
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited July 2017
    I just wanted to throw in my opinion here, but you should consider doing a perma-Citizen (of the Resistance) because of the much better skills they get: Infiltrate, which increases movement speed along with putting you in Hide mode (immune to physical attacks) as well as Potion Mastery, which makes potions recovery by an additional 15%.
    DarkPassenger
  • meatmarameatmara
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2017
    What's a perma beginner?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Or permanent Cygnus beginner cause you get one skill, the elemental slash
    Crawfishh
  • CrawfishhCrawfishh
    edited July 2017
    you have to pass level 10. I made a lvl 200 perma beginner before. Also leeching is a pain now so GL.

Wooo this worked, thank you! I guess I'm just impatient lol... and yeah I'll manage, I only play them for fun so.

meatmara wrote: »
    What's a perma beginner?

A perma beginner is a permanent beginner character, so a char that never does a job advancement!
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited July 2017
    I think permanent beginner should be officially recognized. Maybe a special medal or chair upon reaching level 250?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Give perma beginner a 5th jobesque type of skill at 200
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    >:)

I thought about creating one but I am afraid that it will be super weak due to a lot of weapons and outfits are class specific. Patch after patch Nexon likes to tweak certain classes as well so creating a perm beginner now might be a good idea. As it stands now, creating a perm beginner I feel would hinder your damage range a lot even if you are funded.

Are these concerns legitimate??

>:)
    Crawfishh
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited July 2017
    Oh that brings back memories. I never made it very far in the old days, but now that you brought it up, I feel like I should give it another shot.
    Crawfishh
  • CrawfishhCrawfishh
    edited July 2017
    I mean of course you're going to be weak, but I just find it fun to play. I have a lot of friends irl who play too so I've got no problem levelling either. And you get to wear cool weapons for beginners only.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    Lair wrote: »
    I think permanent beginner should be officially recognized. Maybe a special medal or chair upon reaching level 250?
    eh, dont really agree, I mean perma ginners are only a thing because of the way maple lets you experience the game a little before choosing a job path with explorers and wasn't an intended class, same for citizen, and cyginners. I think the reward is in the fact that you managed to do it despite it not being intended or supported.

isn't the purpose of "creating" a perma ginner to have a challenge of levling a character that has none of the benefits of a picking a Job, which includes Hyper skills and 5th job skills due to the fact that they do not job advance at all.
    CrawfishhTorippi
  • CrawfishhCrawfishh
    edited July 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    Lair wrote: »
    eh, dont really agree, I mean perma ginners are only a thing because of the way maple lets you experience the game a little before choosing a job path with explorers and wasn't an intended class, same for citizen, and cyginners. I think the reward is in the fact that you managed to do it despite it not being intended or supported.

isn't the purpose of "creating" a perma ginner to have a challenge of levling a character that has none of the benefits of a picking a Job, which includes Hyper skills and 5th job skills due to the fact that they do not job advance at all.

totally agree, the rewarding feeling you get is from the fact that you levelled a character that the game doesn't support in many ways. it would just take a bit of the exciting fun out for me if they made it official
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited July 2017
    Glirotus wrote: »

Are these concerns legitimate??

I mean if your doing a permabeginner, you shouldn't be too concerned about damage. Making one is more for the experience :o
    CrawfishhInvulgo
  • Wimble_NefronWimble_Nefron
    Reactions: 625
    edited July 2017
    Perm Starters are a lot of fun. I have a Lv 146 Perm Noblesse and a Lv 184 Perm Beginner. Both are STR-based non-leechers and made around 4-5 years ago primarily doing ALL quests that were available while collecting a zoo of familiars. The only thing I allowed myself to do was to fuse equips on another character and made sure to get high W.ATK/HP/STR% (in THAT order) potentials. For a while, it was Lv 11 shirt, 26 pants, 25 hat, and 31 boots. As time went on, more options became viable. Nexon introduced higher level Common equips as well as converting some Cash Shop items into real equips. You'd see items like Event weapons (Roses, Surfboards, etc), Unwelcomed Guest STR Dagger, Meso Ranger armor, Violet Snowshoes, Mechanical Gloves, and Commerci/Sweetwater armor. Nexon also recently changed up some of the rewards you'd get from doing the Masteria quests in New Leaf City which gave way to doing a repeatable quest that gives 1mil EXP (Lv 112+) and getting access to Stirgeman gear, Stormcaster Gloves, Crimson Arcglaive, etc. Currently, the set-up I have on my starters is SW armor (hat/glove/boot/overall/cape), VIP STR Dagger, Black Pheonix Shield/Ereve Brilliance, Hieizan quest accessory set (Lv 140 belt/ring/shoulder), Silent Crusade ring, Ephenia's Ring, Silver Blossom Ring, Silver Earrings, Boss Arena Emblem, Condensed Power Crystal, Aquatic Letter Eye Accessory, and an android with a heart. I haven't gotten around to getting Superior Gollux accessories yet, so don't cross them off the list of viables.

P.S: I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. At 140, a quest will become available to you called 'Regards, Takeda Shingen'. This quest is what gave me the Hieizan accessory set. After completing all of the quests, you will have access to a bossing dungeon called 'Princess No's Alter Ego'. It can be done with ANY class. You can enter it 7 times a day to get 207.2mil exp (sometimes double that amount due to the maps having Burning Field). Enjoy!
    CrawfishhInvulgo
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited July 2017
    Any content, titles, or any content geared towards beginners won't happen. Take my word for it.
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited July 2017
    I wrote up a non-leeching beginner guide. You can check it out if you like :)
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited April 2018
    I'm currently working on updating my guide by removing the bit with Common equips and making a whole new thread with an extensive list. So look forward to that. :)

----

Moderator note: Please do not necropost (bump old threads) or spam the forums.
This discussion has been closed.