[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Switching from reboot to regular server.

ChukkiChukki
Reactions: 1,525
edited July 2017 in General Chat
I'm making a transitioning from reboot to regular server (leaving all my progress back at reboot)

There's some questions that I have for regular servers though.

Currently I have some unique sets of CRA and I was wondering on how good the auction house is.
Do they sell quick?

There was a way to make 1~2bil per 1~2 week with 10 characters with honor exp from dojo.
Is this method still good?

Is farming legendary veins for cubes still good?

My goal is getting 1mil range for now until I start working towards drop gear for nodes.

Is there anybody on the forums that plays on Scania that would like to be my friend while I get back rolling into Maplestory? (Haven't played regular server in a long time) Haven't played Maplestory entirely since 7 months ago.

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    I'll help you, Not sure on the specfic costs of CRA at unique at the moment but I can help you do bosses and stuff.

veins are still good for getting cubes as well as bosses.
  • ChukkiChukki
    edited July 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    I'll help you, Not sure on the specfic costs of CRA at unique at the moment but I can help you do bosses and stuff.

That's pretty cool, you can PM me your IGN and i'll add you after maintenance.

• ChukkiChukki
    edited July 2017
    Chukki wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »

That's pretty cool, you can PM me your IGN and i'll add you after maintenance.

EDIT : You already did PM me.

Thanks for thinking ahead.
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited July 2017
    Thats a silly idea switching but alright peace! Well most likely see you back in reboot soon. :)
  • ChukkiChukki
    edited July 2017
    Zambookii wrote: »
    Thats a silly idea switching but alright peace! Well most likely see you back in reboot soon. :)

I have my personal reasons for quitting Reboot. (played reboot since release)

I find regular servers to be a lot more flexible when enjoying the game overall.

• UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Selling in auction house works but not as effective as it would in fm. But hey, its free to list it lol

I would say yes even though I don't farm the honor medals myself, but they indeed sell no problem

Indeed farming veins for cubes are good, especially in the gollux labyrinth

I pley on scamia, you can add me if you want ign is Xclusive
  • ChukkiChukki
    edited July 2017
    Selling in auction house works but not as effective as it would in fm. But hey, its free to list it lol

I would say yes even though I don't farm the honor medals myself, but they indeed sell no problem

Indeed farming veins for cubes are good, especially in the gollux labyrinth

I pley on scamia, you can add me if you want ign is Xclusive

That's awesome.

I'll add you guys after maintenance.
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited July 2017
    Yeah reboot has its problems that nexon refuses to fix, one of which is an issues on non reboot servers as well.

1. Ungodly amount of invasions for coins to buy tyrant gloves because of lack of the heckaton boss for lag reasons. -both servers unless you factor marvel machine.

2. The grind for sweetwater equipment (Weapon slot) on reboot is cancer.

3. Overcrowded due to lack of second reboot server + EMS local reboot server , really difficult to find good meso farming locations due to people botting nearly half the channels of every map.

4. Rng events like maplehood watch kind of blows on reboot.
  • xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited July 2017
    1. Tyrant Gloves were never designed to be easy to get. You have dailies plus invasions. Get used to earning your keep.

2. Actually the drop rate on Reboot is higher than normal servers. Sweetwater is considered Endgame and transpose ready for Tyrant so they weren't meant to be easy to get on any server period. If you actually saw the stat gains from a perfectly scrolled 10+ star Tyrant set (Gloves, Boots, Belt, and Cape) transposed to the Sweetwater set, you'd know why it made hard to get.

3. Reboot is popular because people are tired of scammers, hackers, and botters overrunning the free market, and the fact the free market is still plagued by duplicated gear at times. Why buy a billion meso gear piece that might get deleted because it was dupped? Farming mesos is nice, but there are many places you can farm effectively. Look harder, find places sooner, or do this, which is borderline scandalous.... wait your turn patiently.

4. The RNG is the same on all servers.

Reboot is not about easy. It's about earning your keep for yourself and using teamwork to get things you need. A few things to a point are easier, but not everything.
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited July 2017
    1. Tyrant Gloves were never designed to be easy to get. You have dailies plus invasions. Get used to earning your keep.

2. Actually the drop rate on Reboot is higher than normal servers. Sweetwater is considered Endgame and transpose ready for Tyrant so they weren't meant to be easy to get on any server period. If you actually saw the stat gains from a perfectly scrolled 10+ star Tyrant set (Gloves, Boots, Belt, and Cape) transposed to the Sweetwater set, you'd know why it made hard to get.

3. Reboot is popular because people are tired of scammers, hackers, and botters overrunning the free market, and the fact the free market is still plagued by duplicated gear at times. Why buy a billion meso gear piece that might get deleted because it was dupped? Farming mesos is nice, but there are many places you can farm effectively. Look harder, find places sooner, or do this, which is borderline scandalous.... wait your turn patiently.

4. The RNG is the same on all servers.

Reboot is not about easy. It's about earning your keep for yourself and using teamwork to get things you need. A few things to a point are easier, but not everything.

1. My peev is that we don't have the boss and that we have to focus entirely on dailies and invasions to get those coins. (Four plus months for one glove)

2. I was complaining about the weapon drops because you have a huge pool of weapons that can drop its extremely unlikely you will find your classes weapon. I should have specified more upon that, sorry about that.

3. Reboot has just as many if not more hackers and botters than any of the other servers I've played and this is coming from an ex khaini player. Plus what is the point in waiting when the players are botting and never logging out? You can report them, worst they will get is a 1-3 month ban and another botter will take their place in the meantime.

4. I should have explained this one better, when you do get something like equipment from these boxes its almost always not for your class. You can't do much other than break it down into alchemist stones and then sell them.
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited July 2017
    I'd be willing to help ya out. It'd be nice to do something other than grind for once
  • ChukkiChukki
    edited July 2017
    ZeroBlux wrote: »
    I'd be willing to help ya out. It'd be nice to do something other than grind for once

Sure thing, you can PM me your name and i'll add ya in a bit.

I'm mainly be going to making my link skills this week.