[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Combine the all the regular worlds into 1 world.

YuYzYuYz
Reactions: 475
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi Nexon Team, I wanted to ask a question and give a nice idea to your team,
Why do not you combine all the worlds in the game ?,
As I know, it's no secret that the game is losing players. In my opinion, this is a move of combining worlds into two worlds (Reboot, and one regular world instead of dozens). In my opinion, the unification of all the worlds can be very significant to its success for the revival of the game for several reasons:
- There will be a lot more players
- Trading will increase significantly
- As a marketing move, it can cause a lot of retired players to return
- Many guilds will be created
- A big new competition in the crowd will open
- The game will last longer
- Profits will increase
- And lots more bonuses
NihilisticNyxNolimitsPlyoAtomicBarney69gvnalmanzakrskSashi

Comments

• ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited July 2017
    Where are the cons on this list? You're only looking at the good when you SHOULD be looking at the bad too.
    ShadEight
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2017
    Cons

-More competition over resources (Boss channels)
    -Free Market will be filled up
    -Character limit confusion
    -Legion Limit confusion
    -Harder to find hunting grounds
    -Not enough channels
    JettLuvsUChingTheMonkeyDarkPassengerIvangoldTransformingThunderShadEightZeroBluxPirateIzzyKadoatery
  • YuYzYuYz
    edited July 2017
    ZeroBlux wrote: »
    Where are the cons on this list? You're only looking at the good when you SHOULD be looking at the bad too.

In my opinion, there is no bad things about combining to worlds.
    if you are against it, i am open to hear why you are :)
  • YuYzYuYz
    edited July 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Cons

-More competition over resources (Boss channels)
    -Free Market will be filled up
    -Character limit confusion
    -Legion Limit confusion
    -Not enough channels

Adding more channels will fix issues 4-5,
    "-Free Market will be filled up"
    Why is it a issue?
  • YuYzYuYz
    edited July 2017
    There is another option,
    Combine Windia-Scania-Bera.
    gvnalmanza
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2017
    YuYz wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    -Not enough channels

Adding more channels will fix issues 4-5,
    "-Free Market will be filled up"
    Why is it a issue?

Low population in each individual world is the original issue here. The big problem is how it's going to happen and how all the complications would be addressed.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Hmm i Feel like They should mix them, but not into 1 word tho :///. I feel like Scania and Reboot has some average amount of players so those should stay untouched ;/. I wish they would just turn all of MYBCKN to.. well just Mybckn not into whatever each of the letter says. Same thing with GRAZED just make it Grazed like not have it have 6 different world. I don't know if people are understanding what i'm trying to say x'C.
    I just wish Maplestory looked more Organized*

ok i'll just use GRAZED as an example JUST IN CASE people might not understand what i mean... i'm not good with explaining things
    G-Galicia
    R-Renegades
    A-Arcania
    Z-Zenith
    E-El Nide East Coast
    D-Demethos

That what GRAZED stand for, It would be better if those server could just mix together to just have Grazed.
    JettLuvsUTransformingThundergvnalmanza
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Having 1 regular server would be the best for the game for sure, however this will not be an easy task to do so. Although now we have it in Europe with Luna I must say it's a big improvement that having 2 seperate worlds.

- All servers need to be merged
    - All guilds and alliances have to be remade
    - Everyones buddylist will be cleared out
    - More channels would have to be added to the game (20 --> 50-100)
    - More bossing channels

There won't be a character limit confusion since this is 40 chars (41 with Cadena), if you have multiple chars you can chose to keep them since all will be probably moved, however you will be unable to make Cadena than. Therefore you will need to delete any additional chars above 40 to be able to create Cadena in future. Which was also the case for Luna. Most players could have had 80 chars, but players quickly cleaned it up to 40, to be able to make new jobs.

There will be 0 legion limit confusions as this is limited to your account level, which tells how many chars you can place on the grid. Yes technically your account level will be higher with more chars, but you are limited to the amount of chars you can place on the grid and for each job you can only get their grid bonus once. Higher level characters give more pieces to fill in the grid., so in the end you wanna clean up your account anyway to 40 chars.
    YuYzIvangold
  • YuYzYuYz
    edited July 2017
    Yonax wrote: »
    Having 1 regular server would be the best for the game for sure, however this will not be an easy task to do so. Although now we have it in Europe with Luna I must say it's a big improvement that having 2 seperate worlds.

- All servers need to be merged
    - All guilds and alliances have to be remade
    - Everyones buddylist will be cleared out
    - More channels would have to be added to the game (20 --> 50-100)
    - More bossing channels

There won't be a character limit confusion since this is 40 chars (41 with Cadena), if you have multiple chars you can chose to keep them since all will be probably moved, however you will be unable to make Cadena than. Therefore you will need to delete any additional chars above 40 to be able to create Cadena in future. Which was also the case for Luna. Most players could have had 80 chars, but players quickly cleaned it up to 40, to be able to make new jobs.

There will be 0 legion limit confusions as this is limited to your account level, which tells how many chars you can place on the grid. Yes technically your account level will be higher with more chars, but you are limited to the amount of chars you can place on the grid and for each job you can only get their grid bonus once. Higher level characters give more pieces to fill in the grid., so in the end you wanna clean up your account anyway to 40 chars.
    This is what im saying, if they done it in EMS,
    im sure it will be no prob to do it in GMS.

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    HoneyWater wrote: »
    Hmm i Feel like They should mix them, but not into 1 word tho :///. I feel like Scania and Reboot has some average amount of players so those should stay untouched ;/. I wish they would just turn all of MYBCKN to.. well just Mybckn not into whatever each of the letter says. Same thing with GRAZED just make it Grazed like not have it have 6 different world. I don't know if people are understanding what i'm trying to say x'C.

ok i'll just use GRAZED as an example JUST IN CASE people might not understand what i mean... i'm not good with explaining things
    G-Galicia
    R-Renegades
    A-Arcania
    Z-Zenith
    E-El Nide East Coast
    D-Demethos

That what GRAZED stand for, It would be better if those server could just mix together to just have Grazed.

Y-you mean real server merging, like what KMS did with 30 of it's servers a couple years ago.
  • BalancedFurysBalancedFurys
    Reactions: 725
    edited July 2017
    Agreed 1000% Regular servers post reboot are flat out dead. Nexon is just avoiding the issue at this point. Some worlds have 4 fm rooms LOL. Maplestory is at its best when its lots of people and full. No doubt in my mind that if this happened the game would last longer, small worlds are so boring that people are quitting left and right.. Nobody wants to do anything but dailies and log off or afk and play PUBG or League, the community aspect in the small worlds is completely gone. Its a single player game at this point.. Please do this so that maplestory can be alive and kicking for awhile longer, because the current system is dying fast non reboot.
    krsk
  • NolimitsNolimits
    Reactions: 710
    edited July 2017
    I tuly agree and I would very much like the servers to be merged.
    krsk
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited July 2017
    There were less people in EMS there is in GMS so that is why they could get away with having one sever for EMS and not for GMS , I say maybe merge everything but Scania down to Bera, then move the new Bera to the East Coast like how El Nido was first made. If that is still to many people then merge Broa/Khaini into Bera (and still move it to the East cost), Windia into Scania and maybe the last two Server Alliances into one and call it Demethos or Yellodne or even Bellocan, I forgot which of those three came first. Then after the merges have another migration event to sort things out
    krsk
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited July 2017
    I like Deadethos the way it is. It doesn't take long to browse the entire FM and it's not that hard to find a training spot during 2x.

I know that a lot of people want more active servers and what not but casual players like me exist too. Several people in my BL and even our guild are like this. All you see is "hi" or "grats" and very little conversation. It's not because we hate socializing or each other but most of us have very stressful jobs/school stuff that at the end of the day, we just want to relax with some mindless grinding or fully immerse ourselves in new content.

That said, I think the best compromise here would be to make 4 GMS servers.
    Reboot - can't merge that w/ non reboot obviously
    Scania - this will most likely never be merged with any other world given the population.
    Active (and Active and
    Casual
    All the other accounts in all the other non reboot/scania worlds can then choose which server to play in. It's a lot harder to do but it's a lot more fair for people who prefer not to be bombarded with useless smegas, ks'ed out of maps, disconnect several times from the massive influx of players logging in etc.

The problem with this will always be migration. I think it's the reason the merges weren't "actual" merges. It's extremely difficult to mix data (most would have duplicates) from one world to another. It's way easier to keep the current log in path and just redirect them to the same end server than it is to switch log ins. I assume this is why migration events are few and far between and why the EMS migration took a while.

So I hope if you guys get to have a choice in going the active route, I hope we get to have a choice as well. Tbh, if there's a "DEAD" server option, I'll probably be the first to sign up and highly likely find the same set of people there.
    AKradian
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited July 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »
    I like Deadethos the way it is. It doesn't take long to browse the entire FM and it's not that hard to find a training spot during 2x.

I know that a lot of people want more active servers and what not but casual players like me exist too. Several people in my BL and even our guild are like this. All you see is "hi" or "grats" and very little conversation. It's not because we hate socializing or each other but most of us have very stressful jobs/school stuff that at the end of the day, we just want to relax with some mindless grinding or fully immerse ourselves in new content.

That said, I think the best compromise here would be to make 4 GMS servers.
    Reboot - can't merge that w/ non reboot obviously
    Scania - this will most likely never be merged with any other world given the population.
    Active (and Active and
    Casual
    All the other accounts in all the other non reboot/scania worlds can then choose which server to play in. It's a lot harder to do but it's a lot more fair for people who prefer not to be bombarded with useless smegas, ks'ed out of maps, disconnect several times from the massive influx of players logging in etc.

The problem with this will always be migration. I think it's the reason the merges weren't "actual" merges. It's extremely difficult to mix data (most would have duplicates) from one world to another. It's way easier to keep the current log in path and just redirect them to the same end server than it is to switch log ins. I assume this is why migration events are few and far between and why the EMS migration took a while.

So I hope if you guys get to have a choice in going the active route, I hope we get to have a choice as well. Tbh, if there's a "DEAD" server option, I'll probably be the first to sign up and highly likely find the same set of people there.

There are a lot of casual players that would still like a more active servers, also it is not the casual players that are anti social, it is the hardcore "damage chasers" and solo'ers that tend to be somewhat anti solo. Also I think both Grazed and Mybckn are dead enough to have a merge were the new sever would be dead yet it would still be underpopulated enough for the casual players to have the space with out needing to add new channels which is why I said to have them to linked.
    Scania/Windia and Bera/Broa/Khaini would be more for active players that like fuller servers and might benefit from 30-40 channels to support the bigger population.
    As far at the migration goes, that would help people with being able to choice a server based on their play style with out having to start over. The reason they don't happen often is because Nexon has to take the Database Servers down, something they don't do often due to how long it takes. Then they have to actually move the characters from one sever to the another which also takes awhile.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    The numbers wont increase at all, they would be profiting the same. It would be the same number of people buying nx, whether or not they merge normal worlds.

Quite frankly none of those reasons have any supporting evidence.

The maple economy will cease to exist, worse than it is now. Higher demand over the supply.
    TransformingThunder
    edited July 2017
    One benefit from this would be that the GMs would be more active to oversee the population. There would be 2-3 active at a given time.
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin
    Reactions: 440
    edited July 2017
    The only Con is that there would be more competition so people cant rush to endgame and farm mesos. But idc about the cons tbh. Im new to this game and its always empty, I cant even do that party quest thing that needs lots of people. People that I do meet I either see in Bingo or are AFK, or trying to rush to endgame. So I would really support this merge idea.
    edited July 2017
    theres more than 1 con. Server instability would be hell
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    HoneyWater wrote: »

G-Galicia
    R-Renegades
    A-Arcania
    Z-Zenith
    E-El Nide East Coast
    D-Demethos

Y-you mean real server merging, like what KMS did with 30 of it's servers a couple years ago.

KMS had 30 servers o-o. Then yea, it would look more organized. x_x

ty for the reply n_n