[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Most Annoying Monster

ArcheryiArcheryi
Reactions: 1,370
edited July 2017 in General Chat
What is the most obnoxious monster(s) you've had to deal with throughout your adventure Mapling? At this time I personally find the Lantern Erda/Birdshark the most annoying because they 1.) Follow me, and 2.) If not killed promptly, disable my pots long enough to get me killed if I can't find a place to wait.

Comments

• QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited July 2017
    its called making maple challenging
  • ArcheryiArcheryi
    edited July 2017
    its called making maple challenging

Who said anything about difficulty? I was asking about monsters. Please read the entire question next time before making an embarrassingly snide remark. Thanks.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Any monster that has Knockback attacks, such as the Wind Archers in Corrupt Ereve. When not every class has higher than 70% stance, it gets annoying real fast being sent off far beyond Jupiter and Winston's head hitbox, then having to climb all the way back up, just to have it happen again.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    Phantom Trees during Gollux prequests...and the dang Firebreakers or w/e cuz they have two forms.
  • MrGoombaMrGoomba
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited July 2017
    Bodyguard A's stun punch and The Boss's 1 HP and MP attack.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Back in the day it used to be the Jr Boogie cause they sealed, now not so much anything.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited July 2017
    Not technically a monster, but still obnoxious... Those gosh darn Gopher critters in Leafre maps!

As if dodging Manon and Griffy's 1 hp/mp wasn't enough to keep you on your toes, you also have to keep tabs on innocent looking leaf piles housing Jack-in-the-box groundhogs. Getting surprised by a furry pop-up will stun you for a few seconds; leaving you wide open for a cheap shot or for your combo kills to be reset.

Ugh... anyone know the number for the bumbling groundskeeper from Caddyshack?
    AK712DaisukeHaruto
  • RizixRizix
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2017
    latest?cb=20101224163357

this stupid, stupid thing... i know it's mostly my fault that i kept dying lol but it's still obnoxious to lose half your hp in one hit.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Freaking oblivion guardians and Monks in tot.
    When you afk on a ladder you due because these mobs have such a wide hitbox.

Also the dragons groups horntail spawns .
    They are easily killable but when you don't have knockback resistance than they keep push you from plattforms into horntails onehitting attacks.
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited July 2017
    Surprised no one mentioned Montrecer from Ulu City (The cars) considering they can stun you for minutes at a time if you're unlucky. That's the only mob that's ever made me want to throw my keyboard.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited July 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Phantom Trees during Gollux prequests...and the dang Firebreakers or w/e cuz they have two forms.

I'm gonna have to agree with Firebrand enemies not only because they have two forms, but the second form has a huge delay in its active hit box.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited July 2017
    I have a newfound hate for Horntail.
  • LordOfNightLordOfNight
    Reactions: 925
    edited July 2017
    If we are counting bosses then I would have to say Lotus (1st phase). Mainly because there is a chance to spawn right on the 1hko lazer mark and if that was not enough, you have these robot monsters that inflict abnormal statuses on you.

For regular monsters, I would say the Ancient Mixed Golems in Future Perion. There is just too many attack animations on screen when they get aggressive and you sometimes lost track of where your character is. And if you have sound enabled, the sounds they emit is purely annoying, dreadful to my ears. Granted they are easy to kill, but annoying nonetheless.
  • AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited July 2017
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Not technically a monster, but still obnoxious... Those gosh darn Gopher critters in Leafre maps!

As if dodging Manon and Griffy's 1 hp/mp wasn't enough to keep you on your toes, you also have to keep tabs on innocent looking leaf piles housing Jack-in-the-box groundhogs. Getting surprised by a furry pop-up will stun you for a few seconds; leaving you wide open for a cheap shot or for your combo kills to be reset.

Ugh... anyone know the number for the bumbling groundskeeper from Caddyshack?

I swear that someone had serious fun programming the AIs for these little guys. I've been in Leafre hunting for familiar cards and I'm very aware that they pop up, yet it seems they're clever enough to stay hidden for long periods of time when I'm not around them, and then pop up the instant I barely touch their leaf pile.

As for actual monsters, the most annoying ones for me are the Pink Bean statue monsters. They throw every status condition possible at you while also using the annoying 1MP drain attacks. Despite my 1.6mil range, I can't solo Pink Bean consistently because of them.
  • ArcheryiArcheryi
    edited July 2017
    Rizix wrote: »
    latest?cb=20101224163357

this stupid, stupid thing... i know it's mostly my fault that i kept dying lol but it's still obnoxious to lose half your hp in one hit.

LOL. I remember training on those and yeah they were tough.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited July 2017
    The flying monkey in the tower of oz.
  • CrawfishhCrawfishh
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2017
    Anything that brings your HP/MP down to 1 is the most annoying monster. Such a wretched mechanic.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    montrecer.png

I'm sure everyone remembers this monster in ulu city. Although it is weak now since the HP of all ulu city mobs haven't changed in reboot update, it still wins the title for most annoying non-boss monster in the game.

Also Weapon Cancel from Horntail is really annoying, lasts like 1 whole freaking minute of doing nothing which is really stupid and needs to be taken out of the game.
  • FinishedFinished
    Reactions: 305
    edited July 2017
    Pink Bean is the most annoying monster. Literally just spams stun, seduce, damage reflect, 1:1 and skill lock.

I would say it's objectively the worst monster in the entire game.
    Me2U
  • xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited July 2017
    Pink Bean isn't that bad. Hotkey some All Cures and Power Elixirs and you'll be fine.