[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Eluna Q&A

YinYangXYinYangX
Reactions: 3,995
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in General Chat
Remaking this thread because some admin decided to merge it with the Eluna time problem thread, no idea why
[TO FORUM ADMINS, PLEASE DON'T MERGE THIS WITH THE THREAD WHERE PPL ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ELUNA EVENT TIME CAUSE THIS IS SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, F3/F7]

Not sure if I should be posting in guide but let's put together questions and answers about Eluna?

Questions:
1. When the message for the Elemental pops up, how can you tell which map it's on? (the npc says it's often seen in two places)
2. Is the Elemental possible to solo in less than 30secs/1min (I run around frantically whenever the message pops up but I've only seen it once)
3. How to find the blue bite-ing monsters? (need for quest)
4. There's an "uncharted region" near the south side, any idea how to get in?
5. Any idea how to go about the "ancient Elunian' quest line thing? (the one that starts with the rune carved elunium)
6. Do the sign posts actually mean anything?
7. What's the best way you've seen to rack up prospect points?
8. For the quest where you're suppose to put up signs, why are some signs not counted (right now, the first sign I put up after leaving the town never gets counted)?
9. Does drop rate affect Elunite Crystal drop/rarity?

Feel free to post answers/questions/comments.
Thanks all.

Answers:
1. Elemental spawns at Elemental Domain and The Danger Zone (according to npc, so far have only seen it at Elemental Domain)
2. Semi-yes, if you're wondering why you can never find an Elemental even when the game chat announces it, it's because ppl 100-0 it in like less than 30secs, so unless you're on the map it spawns, no luck.
4. Uncharted regions are granted access with the Eluna Ancestor quests. (quests are currently very buggy)
5. When you get the camera quest, it tells you to find a hidden portal in a certain map (in quest log), go there and you should be able to take a picture of something.
6. So far to my knowledge, they aren't actually any real warning because ppl can put up random signs on random maps (someone correct if this is wrong)
7. Stay on one map and farm.
8. Location on where to put signs are listed in the quest description (someone please verify this?).
JettLuvsU

Comments

• Me2UMe2U
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited July 2017
    read the description of the quest !!! and it will tell you where to put the signs smh.... a kindergarten knows how to read instructions better than you
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Me2U wrote: »
    read the description of the quest !!! and it will tell you where to put the signs smh.... a kindergarten knows how to read instructions better than you

Hmm, maybe I missed it and will check next time, but I was pretty sure it didn't say any locations and I highly doubt the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th, and 10th spots I tried just coincidentally matched.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    7. What's the best way you've seen to rack up prospect points?

Stay on one map all the time and don't change the map because it will cost you time.
    Always collect the chrystals, no matter how worth they Are.
    Also don't go into overcrowded lije western claim because even though kannas are often there, you will be often ksd.
    If you have a big spider, than use it.

If you have enough time at the rush to badlands to get the better crystals.

deadend5193
  • ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
    Reactions: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    anyone know how to harness eluna power lv. 1? I can harness the power, but it wont give me the reward.
  • ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Also, has anyone found the steller observatory ruins?
  • SonzeSonze
    Reactions: 580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    wrt 5, the first portal is all the way on the right of the map it tells you to go to- i havent gotten further than that, but i do think i found another hidden portal, since trying to go through something i thought would teleport me to the other side of the map told me it was too dangerous an area to enter. as for 7, dealing with the obelisks seems to be rather lucrative- not enough to get me to top tier hunter, but certainly enough to get s rank. i imagine it would be more of a pain without a class that can jump up to different platforms rather quickly, though.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    anyone know how to harness eluna power lv. 1? I can harness the power, but it wont give me the reward.

Did you try clicking the "Harness" button in the buff ui? What's your highest amount and lowest amount of Elurium?
    Also, has anyone found the steller observatory ruins?

That's Q&A 5.
  • ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    The quest to find the steller observatory doesn't tell you which map.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    The quest to find the steller observatory doesn't tell you which map.

Think it's the portal on the far right on the map right before the Southern Claim

EDIT: Geyser Field
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017

Maple0014.jpg
    Maple0015.jpg

Do tell me where it says in the description of the quest where to put the signs. The closes thing it mentions as a place is "the danger zone", which would have been capitalized "Danger Zone" if it meant the map name, but I know for sure this isn't it because I put up sign there and it didn't count and I also put up sign in the Southern Claim and they counted. So either I didn't read something correctly or a kindergartner knows how to answer questions better than you, smh, Me2U.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »

Maple0014.jpg
    Maple0015.jpg

Do tell me where it says in the description of the quest where to put the signs. The closes thing it mentions as a place is "the danger zone", which would have been capitalized "Danger Zone" if it meant the map name, but I know for sure this isn't it because I put up sign there and it didn't count and I also put up sign in the Southern Claim and they counted. So either I didn't read something correctly or a kindergartner knows how to answer questions better than you, smh, Me2U.

The quest is probably bugged.
    I doesn't seem to count the warning signs.

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    The quest is probably bugged.
    I doesn't seem to count the warning signs.

Not sure if it matters, but which sign did you try to put up? For me, the Elemental Warning sign seems to register part of the time (so far like 5/7 and 5/6 times) and the geyser warning sign went 5/5 tries. I think maybe you have to put up signs that are actually semi-"meaningful" (like you can't just paste boss signs everywhere since the boss isn't going to show up, xd).
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited July 2017
    i feel like some of the content is missing
    when you spend your Elunarium crystals on the free stuff you can get every 24 hours it takes away from what you have for the buff. why can't i farm what i have spent? It shows a total of what you can have but will not let you reach that amount. is it because you can only farm 200 per day of each? So stupid to have things you need to spend the crystals to get and then not let you farm them back. How am i ever going to get the higher lvl buff if i want the rewards?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    i feel like some of the content is missing
    when you spend your Elunarium crystals on the free stuff you can get every 24 hours it takes away from what you have for the buff. why can't i farm what i have spent? It shows a total of what you can have but will not let you reach that amount. is it because you can only farm 200 per day of each? So stupid to have things you need to spend the crystals to get and then not let you farm them back. How am i ever going to get the higher lvl buff if i want the rewards?

Not really.
    Well, you can't have everything, now can you? =d
    *You can farm more than 200 per day of each (like if I only got 190 crit ones on day 1, I can get up to 210 on day 2, making my total still 400)
    It's a give and take, you can choose to get items or you can choose to increase your buff. No one ever said that you were suppose/needed to get both.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited July 2017
    yes but i'm greedy and i want both =]
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    yes but i'm greedy and i want both =]

Aren't we all? xd / ;;
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    What's the benefit of partying in Eluna?
    I've seen people do it and the only thing I can tell that comes from that is that your party members can pick up the Eluna Crystals you drop....but you don't get any prospect points from it, so what's the point? (Someone please correct if I just missed it or my ui bugged.)
  • FirewolfslayerFirewolfslayer
    Reactions: 610
    edited August 2017
    All I did was go over to the elemental domain and kill stuff and I got rank S first time.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    All I did was go over to the elemental domain and kill stuff and I got rank S first time.

Did you get max points? (Think it's 10000?)
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited August 2017
    How do we craft the accessories? I have looked all over and can't figure it out.