[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Important Notice in Regards to PTS Accessibility

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Eliya wrote: »
    Half the people on this post are now Private Testers. Assuming that's for the current round, should I be concerned?

They havent disclosed who the testers are, but I would say it's safe to assume that the testers have already been chosen. I dont think they will disclose who are the testers to keep as much info from being leaked from the test server.

Eliya was referring to the fact that some people in this thread, such as myself, have the title "Private Tester" under their avatar. Nexon has elected to make the testers known to the public in this manner. You're right that they haven't posted a list of everyone who was accepted.
    Arwoo did promise that once all emails are out, there will be a notice on the website saying so. Since that notice hasn't materialized yet, I'm assuming the recruitment process is still ongoing.

I see, congrats by the way. I wouldnt think they need more than a handful of people to test things out.
    ReigningDemon
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    -prays for my email to come-
    edited August 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

It does seem to be a random process. Unless they really do look into your account and then choose.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited August 2017

It does seem to be a random process. Unless they really do look into your account and then choose.

-prayers intensify- I really want this...
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017

If you're using gmail, did you check your "social" and "promotions" folders? Mine showed up in "promotions". I don't usually check those folders, so I almost missed it lol.
    edited August 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »

If you're using gmail, did you check your "social" and "promotions" folders? Mine showed up in "promotions". I don't usually check those folders, so I almost missed it lol.

If it's on a phone itll show up, only in the desktop interface the gmail sections are into 3
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited August 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »

I use Outlook...so not there.
    edited August 2017
    A lot of regulars and random people have been chosen so far.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited August 2017

Well I would say we are both regulars...right? o-o
    edited August 2017

Yeah but Im guessing they want a mixture of both. Cause it isnt just to test for bugs.
    edited August 2017
    it makes no difference to me if I was chosen or not but I wouldnt want that a hacker infiltrated the test server unknowingly, you know?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited August 2017

Yeah but Im guessing they want a mixture of both. Cause it isnt just to test for bugs.
    it makes no difference to me if I was chosen or not but I wouldnt want that a hacker infiltrated the test server unknowingly, you know?

Yeah...and I would say I am a very thorough kind of person...was kinda excited about the opportunity to join Tespia.
  • ChronouxChronoux
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2017
    I wonder what kind of stuff you can do in a PTS
    edited August 2017
    Chronoux wrote: »

It's the same just that you play unreleased content, look for bugs in events and skills etc. and your character is given equips. You can find people playing test server on youtube. The most recent one is a test server that was before lucid was released.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017

the same stuff you can do in the reg servers minus the CS related stuff, only extra benefits are probably a lvl up NPC and are probably given certain items to test out aside from the obvious testing new content before it touches the reg servers
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited August 2017

Play out new content before others, as has been said before...and looking for possible bugs so that they don't go to the live server...
  • KannamicKannamic
    Reactions: 320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Hey Arwoo, I'm not on the PTS forums.. Will also send a message on discord
  • AquasisAquasis
    Reactions: 1,125
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Is this the PTS forum section or are those not up yet? I pressed on a link in the email that i got but it just sends me back to the main forum section.
    edited August 2017
    Aquasis wrote: »
    Is this the PTS forum section or are those not up yet? I pressed on a link in the email that i got but it just sends me back to the main forum section.

You have to be part of the test server to see/view that section, I would say theyre no longer recruiting, theyre already doing the testing.
  • AquasisAquasis
    Reactions: 1,125
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I did get an official MS email with a code that i needed to activate in the nexon launcher so im geussing im part of the testers this upcomming round. But my main account is in the Luna server and i only have a lvl 46 character in Broa. The link sends me back to just the main forum section so im geussing nothing is being put online just yet.