[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Rune Changes

SnowbeanSnowbean
Reactions: 1,216
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Those who spend a lot of time on Monster Collection know the struggle of collecting Elite Monsters. With Legion comes a lot of leveling and thus there is no more space to create new characters for the lower level Elites. As the Rune changes make runes spawn when the mobs are more than 20 levels above your own level, I think it would be a great idea to have runes spawn in maps where the mobs are more than 20 levels below your own level. This will benefit those who are trying to collect Elite Monsters on lower level maps (with Rune of Darkness) as well as those who farm mesos (with Rune of Greed) on lower level maps like mp3 and the like.
chaoscauser

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I also don't know why Rune of Hordes would be the one that would be removed - that's probably one of the more beneficial ones that there are. If anything I would remove the Rune of Recovery as its effects are almost completely useless in the grand scheme of things compared to the other ones.
  • duelghostduelghost
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I think that Nexon's intention with the rune changes is to use every rune that you create and not leave it around for others to use. There's no other way to justify the cursed rune effect.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    There's also another problem with removing the Rune of hordes. People that illegally accept money for putting Kishin Shoukan on a map, will earn even more money, especially in Reboot. I don't condone this, but it would cause an increase in the number of people who are willing to pay Kannas. Yes, people already pay for Kannas now, even with the Rune, but removing it would cause a spike in the number of Kannas that do this.

In Reboot, there's not even the option of getting a frenzy totem, so without the rune, Kannas would be literally the only way to get spawn rate increase. This change may have been made to create more balance, but instead it made the balancing even worse.
  • iluvsuniluvsun
    Reactions: 1,280
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Rune of hordes was removed in kms and so gms is just following suit as usual
  • ComicSansComicSans
    Reactions: 410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    There's also another problem with removing the Rune of hordes. People that illegally accept money for putting Kishin Shoukan on a map, will earn even more money, especially in Reboot. I don't condone this, but it would cause an increase in the number of people who are willing to pay Kannas. Yes, people already pay for Kannas now, even with the Rune, but removing it would cause a spike in the number of Kannas that do this.

In Reboot, there's not even the option of getting a frenzy totem, so without the rune, Kannas would be literally the only way to get spawn rate increase. This change may have been made to create more balance, but instead it made the balancing even worse.

Not that I'm against the rune of hordes (in fact it may be my favorite rune next to rune of haste), but how would it impact if people are willing to pay for kishin/frenzy? It's a good bonus for some seconds, and that's only once every 15 minutes at the least (if you're lucky enough to get the same rune twice in a row)? I don't think anyone who is willing to pay for kishin or anyone who has access to a kishin cares will change whether not they use a kishin based on whether not a rune of hordes exists.

Regardless of whether not it would impact demand for kishin, I don't think nexon would care to change their mind on this just because it would cause more kannas to sell kishin service, because why would they care? They're not going to change something just because some players can monetize off of it unless it's has a profound negative impact on their game/player base. That aspect exists in any mmo from the start.

Again, I'm not trying to attack you nor am I against the existence of the rune of hordes, I'm just not sure if this argument has any basis for an impact on their decision. Perhaps I'm missing something from your post.

It would be nice if they told us why they thought it's a good idea to remove it. To remove something takes more effort than to leave it be, so there had to be a good enough reason. Perhaps it had to do with map/channel/server instability, or maybe it could be related to invincible mobs in some maps? I've also heard some maps are screwy when it comes to spawn rates with or without kishin, so maybe it made spawn rates unstable after its effects expire?
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    iluvsun wrote: »

They shouldn't follow KMS at everything though because they make bad changes like drop rate nerfing ect.
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    So what if, instead of removing the rune of hordes, you put the rune of riches to use, and instead make that the one that gives 100% mesos obtained or something.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    bazzy wrote: »
    So what if, instead of removing the rune of hordes, you put the rune of riches to use, and instead make that the one that gives 100% mesos obtained or something.

Too easy for Reboot.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I believe there was a note saying when you're too high for the area you can use the rune to clear curse but won't get the effect.

Does darkness rune still spawn elite mobs when you're too high for the map?
  • iluvsuniluvsun
    Reactions: 1,280
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    iluvsun wrote: »

They shouldn't follow KMS at everything though because they make bad changes like drop rate nerfing ect.

while i would like for gms to not follow every single thing kms does it's a fact that they do whether they realize its benefits our version or not.....
  • SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    ClawStaff wrote: »

uh... what? how is accepting money for putting Kishin on the map illegal? Did they use hack/macro/bot?

It's a "service" and there's nothing illegal about it. Not that I know of.