[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Marvels worth doing? Yay or nay

xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
Reactions: 1,860
edited August 2017 in General Chat
I have 50k nx and i got mixed reactions from ppl about it. Help me out.
  1. Marvels?43 votes
    1. Roll it all.
       47% (20 votes)
    2. Walk Away.
       53% (23 votes)

Comments

• UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    All about luck, if you don't mind risking the 50k do 11 spins (although at this point you can't double unless you have a little more than 50k) or just do 3 spins to see how it goes

most of the time you'll lose/break even and then the small chance of scoring big
    bumbertyr
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited August 2017
    Like unforgivenn said, all luck of the draw. Personally i always like to do at least one roll per marvel just to participate. Last time my one roll netted me a Damien Soul.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    Sell the nx in the meso market. Youll get more mesos than what you will most likely get from marvel. Given that there arent many things of good value and the probability of getting the few items
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited August 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    Like unforgivenn said, all luck of the draw. Personally i always like to do at least one roll per marvel just to participate. Last time my one roll netted me a Damien Soul.

There is no Damien soul in Marvel.... sadly..

I did hoped they add it this time (would make me charge some nx).. but this didn't happened..
  • SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    well, I doubt you'd get anything with just 50k. To be honest, I don't see how anyone can get anything worthwhile without spending at least 1mil nx...

but in the end of the day, it all depended on luck. You may or may not get lucky.
  • SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    July wrote: »

I did hoped they add it this time (would make me charge some nx).. but this didn't happened..

he's a nexon employee alright, trying to encourage people to spend more is their job ;) ;)
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    Since I play Reboot...Marvel is of no value...I would still say no even if i still played reg servers...I hated that RNG machine :T
    edited August 2017
    Silva wrote: »
    July wrote: »

he's a nexon employee alright, trying to encourage people to spend more is their job ;) ;)

He's not part of the maplestory team. Ive seen most of his posts from time to time too. He doesnt push any sales or tries to get people to spend. He enjoys what he does and enjoys the games he is part of.
    JulyCatoooloooInvulgoscholar624
  • TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited August 2017
    Honestly, 11 spins, 49k (leaving you one chance to double down), that's 33 (or 34) items! More often than not you'll definitely get plenty of value out of your gamble. Personally I am an avid gambler, so I love the thrill! There are a lot of possibilities when you boil down the value. Basically you spend about 1.5k / item, which is 50% more than a gachapon item. HOWEVER the reward pool is VASTLY superior. Gacha will rarely net you a profit with all the junk that's in there, so automatically you are way better off. Honestly, scrolling through the list, you are almost assured to get more than what you put in. The avg price if you sell that NX (in GRAZED, in the Maple Point seller) would be right around 275m / 1k would come to just under 14b. I can almost 100% assure you that you will make more than 14b if you spin that many times. Honestly, just 1 good item out of the 33 can net you that 14b+ while the rest are just gravy. And that's not even counting the value in inventory slot coupons, or 2x cards (OR EVEN 3X CARDS) (Which are easily worth over 1.5k each :] ) All of this, AND the chance to win one of the easily best items in the game? (Totem) Iunno man, seems like a no brainer to me :D I hope all of this helps your choice!
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    There's no damien but there is lucid? That seems.... Unlikely
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited August 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    There's no damien but there is lucid? That seems.... Unlikely

Weird right?... =/ but its true
    Prizes list:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/game/marvel-machine
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    edited August 2017
    if i dont get anything good or decent after 4 or 5 spins, i'll probably walk away. i'm still gathering more opinions.
  • ChronouxChronoux
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2017
    i would give it a shot
  • FuschiaFuschia
    Reactions: 905
    edited August 2017
    I have like a hundred rolls, got nothing good from any of them.
    I let most of the items expire.

I mean a level 100 weapon as a prize?
    I know marvel prizes are different now, but back then, so greedy this company.
    DarkPassenger
    edited August 2017
    Fuschia wrote: »
    I have like a hundred rolls, got nothing good from any of them.
    I let most of the items expire.

I mean a level 100 weapon as a prize?
    I know marvel prizes are different now, but back then, so greedy this company.

Yeah i dont think putting power elixrs or level 100 items in there is good for business. Thats like a smack to the face to the person that rolled it.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    5k spell traces... surprisingly not the worst item in marvel
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I have 50k nx and i got mixed reactions from ppl about it. Help me out.

giphy.gif

nothing more o3o
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    edited August 2017
    If you have #025, Rank B-30 Risky Dice then yes.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    edited August 2017
    pulled a animal crystal chair and sold it!