[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna Revamp Changes

Comments

• ElystElyst
    Reactions: 630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Yonax wrote: »
    Kishin has been further tested and is rather on par with what it was previously. At times you can get a slower respawn time, but it seems that this is more the case of server latency and your ping to the server, than to an actual change to the skill. More tests will be necesarry if you wanna determine a statistical difference in respawn time.

Those kishin tests look promising, glad it hasn't been touched. Thanks for verifying the potential changes to it.
    DoKing wrote: »
    TLDR : Kanna keep current % Magic atk boost from Haku's Blessing. Other classes do not gain this % Magic atk when buffed by Haku.

Party Members instead GAIN 5%-30% Final damage depending on the number of party members buffed by Haku.

This seems like the best option to go with, otherwise Kanna is just going to be a kishin mule.

• MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
    Reactions: 2,075
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    So let's see if we can figure out all Kanna changes that have been made with their revamp, since the patch notes didn't mention them. Than maybe when the patch goes live Arwooo can use these for the actual patch notes.

Kishin test:

Since my main didn't copy over as Luna player, I started from fresh, currently just reached 4th job and will test more once I'm higher level, but your input is more than welcome!

Just a quick tip.
    Quote from Email that Nexon gave you for PTS.
    Nondisclosure Agreement
    Your participation in the Private Test Server (PTS) is strictly confidential. You agree not to share any aspect of your participation in the PTS except in communication to other participants and Nexon America through the Maplestory PTS channel of Discord and the PTS section of the Official forums. You may not take any audio or video recordings, or capture any images or content during your participation in the PTS.
    Just don't want to see a nice member get banned.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Just a quick tip.
    Nondisclosure Agreement
    Your participation in the Private Test Server (PTS) is strictly confidential. You agree not to share any aspect of your participation in the PTS except in communication to other participants and Nexon America through the Maplestory PTS channel of Discord and the PTS section of the Official forums. You may not take any audio or video recordings, or capture any images or content during your participation in the PTS.
    Just don't want to see a nice member get banned.[/quote]

I'm familiar with the NDA, however videos and screenshots are allowed for bug reporting.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Kishin gets nerfed again, yet frenzy totem is flying high .. disgusting if the kishin nerf goes through in the main server.
    g9100
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Kishin gets nerfed again, yet frenzy totem is flying high .. disgusting if the kishin nerf goes through in the main server.

Kishin is not being nerfed.
    I tested it myself, as did Yonax and others. It's the same as in the Live servers.
    I'm told Arwoo also confirmed that there is no nerf to Kishin, in Friday's stream.

I don't know who is spreading these rumors of a Kishin nerf, and don't want to speculate on what their motives might be.
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Well, I'm glad Kishin isn't being nerfed, so that's good. So, is the only thing being nerfed Haku's Blessing? The only reason I'm getting is that its overpowered for other mages, but it's essential for Kanna herself to even be good just to fall short. Can there be a proposed alternative to this nerf? It just seems bad that they'd nerf a skill that Kanna needs. If anything, I think it would make her less able to compete with other mages. Maybe it can be changed to give both weapon and magic attack to support non-mage classes as well? Or just like other people said leave the Haku's Blessing for Kanna alone and give party members a slightly lowered attack/magic attack boost. I'm not too much in the know because I'm not a Kanna main myself even though I do enjoy playing it very much, however, I can't really see anything positive about Haku's Blessing getting nerfed. If someone could explain it to me, I'd appreciate it. I've been trying to find out more myself, but I'm coming up short.
    g9100
  • duelghostduelghost
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    So let's see if we can figure out all Kanna changes that have been made with their revamp, since the patch notes didn't mention them. Than maybe when the patch goes live Arwooo can use these for the actual patch notes.

Kishin test:

Since my main didn't copy over as Luna player, I started from fresh, currently just reached 4th job and will test more once I'm higher level, but your input is more than welcome!

Just a quick tip.
    Nondisclosure Agreement

That's something I had a question about too. How can we send videos and photos to Nexon with our bug reports without relying on external video and photo hosting sites? Technically our graphics can be found online by non-test members without posting all over the place. Could Arwoo answer this?
  • JustDabGuyJustDabGuy
    Reactions: 100
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    duelghost wrote: »

Kishin test:

Just a quick tip.
    Nondisclosure Agreement

That's something I had a question about too. How can we send videos and photos to Nexon with our bug reports without relying on external video and photo hosting sites? Technically our graphics can be found online by non-test members without posting all over the place. Could Arwoo answer this?

Dont share the links you made from whatever external photo program you used. There's an unlisted video option for youtube.
  • RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    duelghost wrote: »

Youtube has an unlisted video feature where the video uploaded wouldn't be indexed by its search engine and as such cannot be publicly found. As for images, I use imgur where you can set the pictures as private and upload quickly without an account. Other image-hosting sites should have similar features too though I'm not sure about those.

Technically, images/videos hosted this way can still be leaked to the public by a snitch within the tester community (since the bug report document is accessible by anyone with a link) but then again, testers themselves are bound by NDA so...

• LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Blessing we can all agree is overpowered, it should of been nerfed long time ago. It was ridiculous seeing it be overused in parties and my biggest concern being that it only affects mages giving them a advantage over non-mages. I honestly would of suggested reverting the buff to self-only then there wouldn't have to be so many ways to adjust the skill. Final damage boost is nice to make it like bishop's buff but if they are gonna end up keeping the matt% boost, then that should be changed to flat matt or remove it from parties. Another solution is making it affect physical classes as well. But any nerf is welcome, it is about time they took action on nerfing blessing and make it not as overpowered as it is now.

Vanquishing charm is only a 7% increase really? I was expecting more like a bigger hitbox or hitting more targets. 7% is not gonna help kannas with their 1v1 skills.
    Demon Fury change is worthless, I rarely see a use of the skill as the cast start and end delay is very annoying. At very least, they could of taken off the cooldown then kanna's would have a nice skill to use as alternate.
    Mobbing is also another problem with kannas, nothing listed about improving their mobbing. Their mana cap wasn't changed and most of their skills cost a lot of MP (Tengu 40 when used twice), Shikigami Haunting hitting 3 mobs is really bad and should be increased. It seems like kanna is just getting damage buffs while not giving them many changes to the main skills themselves (attack range, mob count, etc).
    Soul shear needs a toggle as no one really enjoys that skill and it only ends up lagging the map filled with red orbs.
    Teleport could use a faster casting.
    Kishin change is alright, maybe they could improve the map spawns passively to make up for the kishin changes.
  • ContrastContrast
    Reactions: 1,615
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Wait in pts is haku Matt a self buff only now?