[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Aran skin color finally available soon!

GeminiaGeminia
Reactions: 2,370
edited August 2017 in General Chat
If only it were available with Aran's revamp...
JettLuvsU

Comments

• NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited August 2017
    If only every Aran or Mercedes would have the chance to change to that color now. As an event or something.
  • MichrMichr
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited August 2017
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH.
    I still want to know why it took 7 years for us to finally get Aran's skin tone in GMS. Did they want to avoid something by not forcing characters to use her skin tone like they would eventually do with demon's?
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited August 2017
    Freaking Owl of Minerva finally becomes permanent and even stacks up to 999! Several exp and drop buffs will remain if you d/c.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/24716

Seriously, why have these things taken so long to implement?
    JettLuvsU
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    Hell yea on the owls and also, Finally we get the better looking Damage skin UI + a cap increase
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited August 2017
    the only thing i care about, WILL THE LAG BE FIXED?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    JettLuvsU
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Has there been any word as to whether or not these skin tones will be available for existing characters?
  • MichrMichr
    edited August 2017
    Stallben wrote: »
    Has there been any word as to whether or not these skin tones will be available for existing characters?

I'd also like to know this too. Will they give out coupons to existing Aran/Mercedes characters or allow you to talk to the maple admin like you could when they changed Kanna and Hayato's hairs?
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited August 2017

I need to know as well! I got all excited when I saw the announcement, but when I read the "character creation" part, my heart sank.

Will those new skin colors be obtainable from buying/using the Skin Coupon from the Cash Shop, or are existing characters permanently locked out from using them? I also want to get those skin colors for my Androids.
  • GalvarGalvar
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited August 2017
    I'd also like to know if the Clay Skin(aka Aran Skin) and the Mercedes Skin will be available to be purchased in the Skin Shop via the Skin Coupon? Or if it will be forever be closed off to existing characters.
    I would love to give the Clay Skin to either my Hero, Happos or my Dawn Warrior, Nicodemas and it would be a shame, let alone unfair if it wasn't available to all characters new and existing.
    Plus, if the skins aren't available to be purchased from the Skin Shop, Cadena wouldn't be able to get them when she comes out due to the fact she can't change her skin tone at creation, only her hair color.
    While Illum does get Clay Skin at creation, he wouldn't be able to get the Mercedes Skin at creation when he comes out due to the fact that he's can only change his hair color, not skin tone.
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited August 2017
    Toreishi wrote: »

I need to know as well! I got all excited when I saw the announcement, but when I read the "character creation" part, my heart sank.

Will those new skin colors be obtainable from buying/using the Skin Coupon from the Cash Shop, or are existing characters permanently locked out from using them? I also want to get those skin colors for my Androids.

I also would like to know as well if you could get the Aran skin/Mercedes skin though the skin shops as well, It would be cool to see the skin shop get an update. :)
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited August 2017
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! FINALLY! I'm so overjoyed! =DD
    AlexF wrote: »
    I'm glad everyone is happy about this change.
    Hey Alex, any idea if demon skin or any of the other odd ones like medium pink, yellow, and grey are planned for release anytime soon?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Malvon wrote: »
    I also would like to know as well if you could get the Aran skin/Mercedes skin though the skin shops as well, It would be cool to see the skin shop get an update. :)

It would be pretty stupid to only offer these colors at character creation, when they can make tons of money off people changing existing characters' skin colors to these two new ones.
    Then again, this is Nexon we're talking about.
    We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited August 2017
    still no news from eu reboot :S
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited August 2017
    In the promotional video on facebook it says we are not gonna have an option to change to this skin color on existing characters.... YET.
  • ToreishiToreishi
    edited August 2017
    Nyvor wrote: »
    In the promotional video on facebook it says we are not gonna have an option to change to this skin color on existing characters.... YET.

Wow...that sucks. Way to discriminate. Seems like AKradian was right. Thanks for sharing your finding.

-tucks money back into wallet-
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Nyvor wrote: »

Really? Well, the patch notes don't specify that existing characters will be able to access these skin changes so, I guess that's out. Idk why Nexon would exclude so many people like this. They don't seriously think people are going to remake characters they worked so hard on just for a new skin, right? *sigh* I knew throwing money at my screen wasn't going to do anything...
  • MichrMichr
    edited August 2017
    We got skin boys! Its been almost 8 years but we got our skin!
    0hNrgsB.png
    JettLuvsUToreishi
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Michr wrote: »
    0hNrgsB.png

Wait, were you able to change your skin with a coupon or any other means without making a new character or is that just a picture of an Aran with the new skin? (I assumed that's your character).
  • MichrMichr
    edited August 2017
    0hNrgsB.png

Wait, were you able to change your skin with a coupon or any other means without making a new character or is that just a picture of an Aran with the new skin? (I assumed that's your character).

I used a coupon, it as well as Mercedes's elf skin are in the salon now.
  • ToreishiToreishi
    edited August 2017
    0hNrgsB.png

Looking good! :D b

I'm going to finally get Elf skin on my BaM, I've been waiting for it for years so I'm THRILLED!

Also, it seems that Androids cannot get Elf skin when I tried to change my Halloweenroid's skin.
    All the other skin colors are available including Clay, but no Elf.
    I checked the Skin Care option with my other Androids, but all of them do not have the ability to choose Elf skin. Is this a bug??