[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Blaze Wizard Orbital Flame Not Working as Intended

BobbyWeaveBobbyWeave
Reactions: 1,615
edited August 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type: Functionality, Gameplay

Brief Bug Summary: Blaze Wizard's Orbital Flame projectiles desynchronize with character animations and are not being cast as quickly as intended.

More Details: In the Legion Raid as well as in KMS, Orbital Flame projectiles are synchronized with the character's attack animation. In GMS, Orbital Flame's projectiles will not synchronize with the character's animations. Projectile creation is staggered unlike in KMS and the rate at which projectiles are created is far lower than intended. Movement of already created projectiles behaves as intended.

Steps to Reproduce:

Connect to a GMS server from a home internet connection. Higher latency will produce more dramatic effects so connecting from a location further away from the server you are connecting to will make reproduction easier, likewise, connecting while the server is experiencing a high volume of traffic will produce a more dramatic effect.

With all four version of Orbital Flame at their respective max levels, assign Orbital Flame to a key. Stand on the ground and hold down the skill key to allow multiple Orbital Flames to be cast.

A successful reproduction of this bug will look like this:

This is an example of the desynchronization that happens in GMS. The projectiles are created inconsistently and unpredictably which results in a staggered stream of projectiles that is not continuous.

If working as intended, Orbital Flame will look like this:

At 13 seconds, the Blaze Wizard is standing on the ground casting Orbital Flame. The projectiles are created quickly and consistently. They will be created in a predictable and continuous stream until the skill key is released. Notice that there is no staggering in the creation of the projectiles. This is the same functionality that can be observed by a Blaze Wizard that is assisting your current character in the Legion Raid.

Character Name: Blazememe420
Character Level: 207
Character Job: Blaze Wizard
World Name: Reboot
Date and Time of Incident: 8/15/2017 and since the creation of my character.
EfficientlyLazyJettLuvsU

Comments

• BobbyWeaveBobbyWeave
    edited August 2017
    Thank you so much Alex!
  • TroubleShooting101TroubleShooting101
    Reactions: 635
    edited August 2017
    The server is lagging too. That must be one of the main reason our attack speed gameplay are delaying. I have tested this to my buccaneer and the result of delaying attack speed was the same. I asked some players if they are lagging too and they were lagging too. Chats are lagging too no matter what channel we were in. Some are not able to finish commerci to earn danero coins.
    edited August 2017
    Please fix the orbital flame bug soon. So hard to kill the boss with bug on it.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    Fixing this "bug" may be the first step to solving the blaze wizard exploit as a hacker class.
    Unfortunately it means BW is latency dependent
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    edited August 2017
    Unfortunately I main a BW
  • BobbyWeaveBobbyWeave
    edited August 2017
    Fixing this "bug" may be the first step to solving the blaze wizard exploit as a hacker class.

Yeah BW should definitely not be latency dependent. It was fine for Korea where 10 ping is common and their net infrastructure is amazing, but on GMS where people are connecting from all over the US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Australia, and anywhere else without a Maplestory server, it's just not a feasible solution. Even if we had perfect, global, light speed communication, it would still be 25 ping from Melbourne to Nexon's servers which is going to make blaze wizard malfunction anyway.
    Beef
    edited August 2017
    BobbyWeave wrote: »

Yeah BW should definitely not be latency dependent. It was fine for Korea where 10 ping is common and their net infrastructure is amazing, but on GMS where people are connecting from all over the US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Australia, and anywhere else without a Maplestory server, it's just not a feasible solution. Even if we had perfect, global, light speed communication, it would still be 25 ping from Melbourne to Nexon's servers which is going to make blaze wizard malfunction anyway.

true true, gms has a lot of hackers because of the ping dependent classes. Animations and delay cutting helps them out not be detected
    edited August 2017
    The game developer should fix the orbital orb delayed atk speed bug soon. I stopped playing Blaze Wizard just because of this bug and played Ice Lightning instead. Atleast Ice Lightning skills doesn't have any atk speed delay on their offensive skills even while lagging. Blazing wizard's orbital orbs are just really bug. They shouldn't have any delayed attack speed even while lagging. it is just pure bug and not affected to lagging server. And the game developer should buff up the orbital orb AoE range because it is impossible to hit bosses with orbital orbs when they briefly jump or hover in the air which makes Blaze Wizard delaying their dps on bosses.
    JettLuvsU
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited August 2017
    Fixing blaze wizard bugs might help botters too
    DarkPassenger
  • BobbyWeaveBobbyWeave
    edited September 2017
    Bump. Can we get an update on this?
    edited September 2017
    Fixing blaze wizard bugs might help botters too

True but then again, if it works as intended, it may help the detection system fish out the botters.
    edited September 2017
    They already put the game in maintenance many times but still the orbital orb bug wasn't fixed after those spamage maintenance last week. And the game developer should also buff up the orbital orb's AoE range.
  • BobbyWeaveBobbyWeave
    edited September 2017
    They already put the game in maintenance many times but still the orbital orb bug wasn't fixed after those spamage maintenance last week. And the game developer should also buff up the orbital orb's AoE range.

I like to use the toggle hyper skill that increases orbital flame's range. It gives BW pretty standard range instead of its usually short range. Super sad that orbital flame isn't being looked into.
    edited September 2017
    BobbyWeave wrote: »

I like to use the toggle hyper skill that increases orbital flame's range. It gives BW pretty standard range instead of its usually short range. Super sad that orbital flame isn't being looked into.

Even with their extended range buff. It only extended range of orbital orb not the AoE range. watch this video. When magnus and other bosses briefly jumps. Blaze wizard's dps missed and delayed their dps.
    EfficientlyLazy
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    edited September 2017
    Yes, I cannot kill Magnus because of the way orbital flame fails to work as intended even though I have the range required to kill it.

By the time my BW manages to shoot out an orbital flame when I jump up, I've already landed back down on the floor.
    TroubleShooting101
  • BobbyWeaveBobbyWeave
    edited September 2017
    Bump! It's been over a month :(
  • BobbyWeaveBobbyWeave
    edited October 2017
    We're past the 3 year anniversary for Blaze Wizard being broken fundamentally broken. BW has been broken since September 16th, 2014. That's v154. We're on day 1,118.

Can we get an update on this?
  • shavitshavit
    Reactions: 1,460
    edited October 2017
    This is still an issue, can it be pushed again? There's no update since August (and no official response from Nexon, unless the VFM is "Nexon"), this makes Blaze Wizard worthless to play.
    edited October 2017
    shavit wrote: »
    This is still an issue, can it be pushed again? There's no update since August (and no official response from Nexon, unless the VFM is "Nexon"), this makes Blaze Wizard worthless to play.

nah VFMs are liasons. youre right though, no one has spoken in regards to it
  • DominikosDominikos
    Reactions: 625
    edited October 2017
    Its funny cuz no voluntiers are helping in this thread :x