[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Don't nerf the drop rate system like KMS did

Comments

• AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited August 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I'd love to know how you managed to get 8x drop rate with only drop rate potentials.

Where did I mention I got that with only drop rate potentials? I was actually using your own example of 8x rate. Most players at that stage would have in excess of 200% potential, wolf, and 2x easily available to them either way.

The new rate might be to harsh, but there needs to be a rework.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited August 2017
    Sais wrote: »
    Rolls wrote: »
    Sais wrote: »
    it slightly evens out the playing field.

Again with this "evening out the playing field", "decreasing the gap between the rich and poor"
    Making it harder for people above you doesn't make it easier for you. Changing the way you see it's not going to change the fact that it will be harder to get nodestones in general. The first general increase will benefit everyone, the nerf will be a huge detriment to those already situated with drop rate. And then prices will start to rise, due to a decrease in supply of nodestones. And then botters will abuse that to profit even more.

That's not even accounting for that even if it was a benefit to less funded players for nodestones, this will lower drop rate to symbols, droplet stones, event items, basically everything important. The drop rate nerf isn't just about nodes. The current system is fine. It doesn't need a nerf.

And nodestones aren't something that's supposed to be very rare and very valuable. They're something you need thousands of to max out on, at least a few hundred to get to just a decent place with in terms of progression. I'm convinced Nexon thinks that one individual nodestone is worth at least 1b.

Yes, I understand all that. Nexon has always made higher level/end-game items extremely troublesome to get. The harder it is for us to gain something, the more time (and possibly money) we have to invest in the game to achieve it. But that's exactly what Nexon wants. So they can keep their players playing their game as long as possible to reap the most potential profit.

Look at the legion system for example. To reap the best benefits, you have to get every single character to MAX level. That is not something you can achieve unless you play for an enormous amount of time. And with the introduction of of the Legion system, they started selling character creation options up to lv150 to make profit off of the lazy people who don't want to invest the time to make new characters from scratch.

Adjusting the drop rates is exactly the kind of thing Nexon would do, so that people would have more of an incentive to purchase 2x coupons from the cash shop to optimize their drop rate chances. And there has been no word or confirmation on how exactly it works which I feel is kind of shady on Nexon's part since they had no trouble explaining roughly how newly adjusted character stats stacked up such as Monster DEF ignore % and status resistance.

What ure saying now is what you werent stating on your last coment, on it you were saying that it will even out the field, and now youre completelly saying another thing, the fact that nexon is a company and needs to make money is pretty clear, but dont say that this change will even out the field because it wont.
    The economy works like this:
    Before the nerf:
    -There is high demand of nodes but also high supply thanks to players that have high drop rate gear (and also botters and hackers) , so the prices are reasonable and stable.
    After the nerf:
    -There will still be high demand BUT low supply, this will increase the price of the nodestones which IS NOT unfunded player friendly at all, if anything it will make things even harder for a casual/average player to get any nodes at all (im not taking into account the farming aspect because im considering that if he is a casual/average player he/she might not have the time to farm hours and hours to get the nodes, since according to KMS opinions, even unfunded players were getting either the same nodes as before or maybe 1 more node than usual, which is not a big difference).
    And once again as many other people have already stated, there are other items as important as nodes in the game like symbols, droplets or just event items( which may or may not increase your range but if any event item is amazingly hard to get people will lose interest on it and stop doing events).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Asylum wrote: »
    I'd love to know how you managed to get 8x drop rate with only drop rate potentials.

Where did I mention I got that with only drop rate potentials? I was actually using your own example of 8x rate. Most players at that stage would have in excess of 200% potential, wolf, and 2x easily available to them either way.

The problem is not 8x drop rate.
    The problem is those people who, on top of having 8x drop, also clear entire maps as fast as Frenzy can repopulate them. They get 10x the kill rate of those who are too weak to 1-hit everything with their widest AOE skill.
    So you get 10x kills and 8x drop and end up with 60x as many nodestones per hour as the slow killer with a Big Spider.

Making drop gear less effective won't change their kill rate, so they will still be getting 30x as many nodestones (and symbols, and droplets) as "unfundeds".

But Nexon isn't going to take away their Frenzy Totems, or the Primes and no-booms and bonus cubes that they use to make themselves strong enough to clear maps easily while wearing drop gear. Because those things are Cash Only. But drop gear can be made using in-game cubes (I've managed 5 pieces already, myself), so that's got to go, in the name of "balance".
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited August 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

The problem is those people who, on top of having 8x drop, also clear entire maps as fast as Frenzy can repopulate them. They get 10x the kill rate of those who are too weak to 1-hit everything with their widest AOE skill.
    So you get 10x kills and 8x drop and end up with 60x as many nodestones per hour as the slow killer with a Big Spider.

Making drop gear less effective won't change their kill rate, so they will still be getting 30x as many nodestones (and symbols, and droplets) as "unfundeds".

But Nexon isn't going to take away their Frenzy Totems, or the Primes and no-booms and bonus cubes that they use to make themselves strong enough to clear maps easily while wearing drop gear. Because those things are Cash Only. But drop gear can be made using in-game cubes (I've managed 5 pieces already, myself), so that's got to go, in the name of "balance".

You have a point since GMS decided to bring over broken elements from TMS, but just cause imbalances exist in other forms doesn't mean other aspects of the game should not be balanced. Like I said earlier, the drop rate nerf was too much, but it still should have been balanced.
  • BMW750iBMW750i
    Reactions: 485
    edited August 2017
    Look at that, 80% voted keep the current drop rate system. The majority of maplers want the current system, but afterall NX won't care. They don't give a damn about us.
    darik
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017

From a business standpoint, what theyre doing is a brilliant strategy, you brought up a brilliant point about the cash only items. I'll wager that the profit margins arent what they hope they would be so they are nerfing the items that one can cube themselves, in order for consumers (playerbase) to buy more cash only items,or try to get the items thatll help them like frenzy totems etc to be able to clear the maps with their nerfed drop gear. Mathematically, on paper this business move was innovative. But for consumers, as we can see in the forums, it hurt the consumers. When the dust settles, it's up to the consumer to decide what theyll do next.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited August 2017

I don't get how they dare calling it "balance"... I bet its a mistake like they did with the jett's starfall skill.. they called it "buff" and few weeks after "bug".
    If they really want to "balance" this game between poor and rich players, they should fix the damage formula, not the drop rate.. fix it so players with 40%+item will do same damage as players with 20% items.. and reduce the hp&def of bosses.

I really can't understand the reason for this disgusting nerff to drop rate.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2017
    July wrote: »

I don't get how they dare calling it "balance"... I bet its a mistake like they did with the jett's starfall skill.. they called it "buff" and few weeks after "bug".
    If they really want to "balance" this game between poor and rich players, they should fix the damage formula, not the drop rate.. fix it so players with 40%+item will do same damage as players with 20% items.. and reduce the hp&def of bosses.

daily bosses used to give me about 4 cubes a run. Now i'm down to 0-1 per day. It is also harder to gear my mules now that boss accessories aren't dropping as frequently. http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/15844/occult-cubes-as-boss-drops#latest
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited September 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    July wrote: »

daily bosses used to give me about 4 cubes a run. Now i'm down to 0-1 per day. It is also harder to gear my mules now that boss accessories aren't dropping as frequently. http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/15844/occult-cubes-as-boss-drops#latest

After 3 hours of training i got 0 symbols... I don't know if its intended or a bug...
  • GameOverPloxYello200GameOverPloxYello200
    Reactions: 555
    edited September 2017
    REFUND my money, was spending tons of money for %drop gear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited September 2017
    Yeah I don't see any way that I'm ever going to get the new lvl 200 equips as the River Stones were already rare to begin with and now...
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited September 2017
    "The item drop effect will only be partially applied to certain items, quest items, and event items."

I hope Nexon thinks about increasing this value because it is too absurdly low. They should increase this value by +20% or something marginally noticeable.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited September 2017
    The drop rate should just be changed back.