[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Preview the Mix Dye Coupon before purchase

BluejeansBluejeans
Reactions: 2,130
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I would like to suggest a feature of being able to preview and play around with the colours of the Mix Dye Coupon before purchasing the ticket. I often find myself wondering if a certain hairstyle is available in white, or a darker/lighter shade of a specific colour - the issue is that I cannot know this before buying the coupon. Often, the colour mix I have wanted hasn't been available, so the NX used on the Mix Dye Coupon has been of no use.

An easy solution would be to make it like the royal style coupons: upon double clicking the Mix Dye Coupon/Ticket in the Cash Shop, the window where you can preview different hair colours shows up.
MisterKrekelArgentKradiaRoguekrskKlaraSlicedTimeNainFennekingvnalmanzaHubbertoand 3 others.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I agree that a Mix Dye Preview would be nice.

However, I'm afraid that most of the colors you're looking for, cannot be obtained.
    White is not available through Mix Dye if it's not available through normal hair color coupons. You can check that by going to a hair salon and asking the NPC about the VIP hair color options (you don't have to have the coupon to see the previews). Very few hairstyles are available in white. And consequently, very few hairstyles can be made to have lighter color than normal (unless you don't mind it turning yellow in the process).
    As for darker, you can mix with black, but the hairstyles that are primarily white with just a tinge of color, will not turn darker that way. Only the "tinge of color" will change hue.

For more about white hair and hair color options, see this thread: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/15171/white-hair-color
  • BluejeansBluejeans
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I agree that a Mix Dye Preview would be nice.

However, I'm afraid that most of the colors you're looking for, cannot be obtained.
    White is not available through Mix Dye if it's not available through normal hair color coupons. You can check that by going to a hair salon and asking the NPC about the VIP hair color options (you don't have to have the coupon to see the previews). Very few hairstyles are available in white. And consequently, very few hairstyles can be made to have lighter color than normal (unless you don't mind it turning yellow in the process).
    As for darker, you can mix with black, but the hairstyles that are primarily white with just a tinge of color, will not turn darker that way. Only the "tinge of color" will change hue.

For more about white hair and hair color options, see this thread: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/15171/white-hair-color

This is not entirely true as I have made a lot of hairstyles that originally aren't available in white turn white. Same goes for lighter shades, it's possible to make a lot of hairstyles (especially newer hairstyles) lighter with the perfect colour combination and scaling.

G1h3lnp.png
    krsk
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Interesting. What did you mix them with?
  • BluejeansBluejeans
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Interesting. What did you mix them with?

Hm. Can't remember, it varies for every hairstyle. In general, green is a good secondary tone to work with to create lighter shades.
  • KradiaRogueKradiaRogue
    Reactions: 1,185
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I wholeheartedly agree!!! Mixed dye coupons cost 5.7k nx and you can't use RP on them, making it quite an investment for some people. It's a big risk knowing that the hair color you want might not even be obtainable.

Some combinations are kinda weird too. Like 85% of blue and 15% of green results in blue hair with a kinda green filter, however the moment you change the slider to 84% blue 16% green, it becomes some ugly seaweed color. The huge jump in color makes it hard to really get the color right so it matches the outfit you want to wear. And you can't create that combination of colors with other colors... so it's just a waste of 5.7k nx at that point.

Great suggestion!
    BluejeansJettLuvsUKlaraSlicedTimeRenni
  • krskkrsk
    Reactions: 2,980
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I'd also like for the time restriction to be removed.. I've purchased a few of these simply for the reason of testing to see if i can do something with a certain color, and then when i couldn't i would forget for a couple days and poof! gone because of the 7 day time limit. That seems silly on an item I'm purchasing.

Great suggestion btw to the OP i truly hope this one gets listened to as it would be an asset.
    BluejeansRenni
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited September 2017
    I would really like this feature as well since it would be soo much fun to play around with ingame. In the meantime, for those that have photoshop, you can use a character simulator, printscreen it, stack two hair layers on top of each other, and adjust the opacity.
  • HubbertoHubberto
    Reactions: 1,455
    edited December 2018
    Definitely bringing this up again (sorry for necroposting but better use an existent thread rather than making a new one with the same suggestion and less replies).
    Fuhreak