[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is something wrong with the servers?

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2017
    ... typical nexon america lieing to their playerbase.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    Hooeeyy wrote: »
    Nyvor wrote: »
    Well I just talked to a GM about the lag on this weekend and this was its response.

"I'm sorry for the delayed response. I've looked into your concern and please be informed that the game is working as intended. We haven't received reports regarding this matter at this moment. There's a possibility that there's a congestion because it's currently a holiday in the US (United States) or it may be a connection issue."

So, is it possible that the whole crash and dc problem was just because of a "congestion"? Or they really had no idea about what was happening this weekend.

are you serious, what the hell is that. are the GMs constantly in the game 24/7?? they don't even know what lag is. what a half assed response from a half assed company who barely even cares about their own game LOL nice transparency nexon. nexon is fake asf **** outta here

The thing is when they test the servers, they get smooth gameplay but on our end we will have interference and issues. They play in their HQ (El Segundo, CA, I believe) not from home. Theyll have better gameplay always.
  • thekenturahthekenturah
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited September 2017
    Is something wrong with the servers? YES
    Will nexon admit it? NO
    We cant log in, we cant change channels, cant go in cash shop, cant get out of cash shop, cant go in portals (thats a cc) cant go anywhere that causes you to cc or you disconnect. "Nexon insists the game "is functioning as intended" well maybe I believe that its functioning as nexon intends because what else should we expect from them , but its NOT FUNCTIONING AS WE EXPECT!!!!
  • KeiyusenKeiyusen
    Reactions: 300
    edited September 2017
    Finally. An attempt to fix the lag. Thanks, Nexon I only lost a day of bossing and dailies.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/25079/unscheduled-maintenance-september-4-2017
  • MisterPooMisterPoo
    Reactions: 570
    edited September 2017
    If it actually was a DDOS attack it was probably from all the angry botters that could no longer bot as efficiently as before.
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited September 2017
    Im still dcing and lagging...after maintence
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited September 2017
    Zambookii wrote: »
    Im still dcing and lagging...after maintence

Me too, it's definetely better than before but still lagging, sometimes, even crashing. Let's wait til thursday maint.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited September 2017

I can forgive rx America if this were the issue however they haven't addressed that this was the issue which makes it seems like it's their fault, which is why everyone's angry.
    Lilyflower
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I don't understand why nexon thinks that everything is fine on their end. Their live chat probably doesn't even look at the server and will just give out automatic answers. Unbelievable. Maintenance fixed absolutely nothing and just made the lag even worse. Can't even change channels or go into the cash shop without crashing.
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »

I can forgive rx America if this were the issue however they haven't addressed that this was the issue which makes it seems like it's their fault, which is why everyone's angry.
    we as players will forgive nexon america if they fix the issues and listen to the playerbase,sending information to the playerbase.

• DankNugsDankNugs
    Reactions: 770
    edited September 2017
    I'm crashing more often than I was before the 3RD UNSCHEDULED MAINT OF THE WEEK. Nexon may be the most pathetic company I've ever seen operate. Jeez.
    edited September 2017
    I don't understand why nexon thinks that everything is fine on their end. Their live chat probably doesn't even look at the server and will just give out automatic answers. Unbelievable. Maintenance fixed absolutely nothing and just made the lag even worse. Can't even change channels or go into the cash shop without crashing.

They play directly in the hot spot, their HQ wont get the same issues we get
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017

Still. They could at least be open and actually communicate with the problem and look into the servers. Heck, Msea at least tells their players about the DDOS attack occurring there but GMS remains silent, it's like we're talking to ghosts that don't see the problem on their end.
    edited September 2017

Still. They could at least be open and actually communicate with the problem and look into the servers. Heck, Msea at least tells their players about the DDOS attack occurring there but GMS remains silent, it's like we're talking to ghosts that don't see the problem on their end.

I agree, Im thinking they either know something and dont want to say about an outside variable (DDoS maybe) or internal mistake