[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

MapleStory 2 release date please?

Comments

• Cartoondude135Cartoondude135
    Reactions: 640
    edited June 2017
    I'd have to upgrade my video card...

Need a GeForce GTX 650/ATI Radeon HD6770 or better (currently I have a GTX 460) so MS2 for me would be a no go.

Though I will say it looks fun.

Oh BTW, how do I know what kind of graphics card my CPU is using? Like, how do I view that bit of specs?

I'm using Autodesk Maya and I ran into a snag. It says "Fatal Error" everytime I exit out of it and I read on a forum somewhere that it might have to do with the graphics card. But I don't know how to tell what kind of graphics card my computer is using.

I'm not sure if I viewed it correctly, but I right clicked "Computer" and clicked Properties. Next, I see "Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 QuadCPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz".

Is that how a graphics or video card is suppose to be read out?
    edited July 2017
    Happy 2nd Birthday, MS2!

Now please, Nexon. If your reading this right now, you have to have answers by now on when you will release MS2 in the west! 2 years have gone by and we want answers now!
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin
    Reactions: 440
    edited July 2017
    Personally to me most of the appeal of Maplestory is the 2D Side Scrolling style it has. Releasing MS2 would halve the small fanbase maplestory has here compared to in Korea which wont be good for money as then both games would have a smaller amount of people playing.
    JettLuvsU
    edited July 2017
    Ok, this is it. 2 years and 12 days have officially gone by since MS2's KOR release date. Nexon, it's time to spill your beans!
    When the f will MapleStory 2 be released in the west?!?!?!

I can't bear to wait any longer! Releasing it in the west is the only way I'll be able to extract the game's models and I'm still a noob at using Blender. Plus, my computer doesn't seem to support Maya.

So PLEASE, Nexon. RELEASE MAPLESTORY 2 IN NORTH AMERICA ASAP! With the MS2 models, it will make the MikuMikuDance community grow and spread news of this game and make it as popular as MS1. And it might even get MS1's popularity back.
  • TheTranManTheTranMan
    Reactions: 410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Ok, this is it. 2 years and 12 days have officially gone by since MS2's KOR release date. Nexon, it's time to spill your beans!

I can't bear to wait any longer! Releasing it in the west is the only way I'll be able to extract the game's models and I'm still a noob at using Blender. Plus, my computer doesn't seem to support Maya.

So PLEASE, Nexon. RELEASE MAPLESTORY 2 IN NORTH AMERICA ASAP! With the MS2 models, it will make the MikuMikuDance community grow and spread news of this game and make it as popular as MS1. And it might even get MS1's popularity back.

Why are you still obsessing over this. Have you not read any of the posts in your own thread? MS2 won't be released until it's too late or ever. You are lying to yourself if you think MS2 will somehow help with MS1's popularity. Beg all you want Nexon isn't going to grant your wishes.
    edited July 2017
    TheTranMan wrote: »

Why are you still obsessing over this. Have you not read any of the posts in your own thread? MS2 won't be released until it's too late or ever. You are lying to yourself if you think MS2 will somehow help with MS1's popularity. Beg all you want Nexon isn't going to grant your wishes.

We'll just see about that. >:/
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017

LOL

Oh yes, I'm sure that's a convincing argument that will make Nexon release the game right away.
    "Bring your game over. No, I don't intend to play it or put money into it. I just want to steal your designers' work for my own use (gain?). So give!"
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

LOL

Oh yes, I'm sure that's a convincing argument that will make Nexon release the game right away.
    "Bring your game over. No, I don't intend to play it or put money into it. I just want to steal your designers' work for my own use (gain?). So give!"

And do I have to start this argument about simulators again??? -_- BannedStory HAS been approved by Nexon since the beginning! The question: why is BannedStory down? Reason: unknown.
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited July 2017

LOL

And do I have to start this argument about simulators again??? -_- BannedStory HAS been approved by Nexon since the beginning! The question: why is BannedStory down? Reason: unknown.

The main point still stands though. Hell, I really want MS2 as well, but if you're not gonna play it, then what the hell is the point?
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited July 2017

LOL

I already know why bannedstory went down, etc.
  • skrubrekrskrubrekr
    Reactions: 845
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    this user on twitter had made posts about ms2 in english, (i think theres english files in the game?)
    edited August 2017
    skrubrekr wrote: »
    this user on twitter had made posts about ms2 in english, (i think theres english files in the game?)

Now I wish Spadow was our inside man. I mean how else are we gonna get leaked info if we don't have a guy on the inside?
  • TroubleShooting101TroubleShooting101
    Reactions: 635
    edited September 2017
    Me too. I've been aching to play Maplestory 2 and I would definitely make Buccaneer first. But even Maplestory 2 gets released this 2017. We'd still encounter problems such as bugs and poor gameplay because the game release is fresh. So we'd need to wait 2-7 years more to enjoy its full potential. So for now. I gotta stick with Maplestory 1 then I'll play Maplestory 2 around 2019-2021.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017
    Me too. I've been aching to play Maplestory 2 and I would definitely make Buccaneer first. But even Maplestory 2 gets released this 2017. We'd still encounter problems such as bugs and poor gameplay because the game release is fresh. So we'd need to wait 2-7 years more to enjoy its full potential. So for now. I gotta stick with Maplestory 1 then I'll play Maplestory 2 around 2019-2021.

eh, game actually isnt that buggy, probably to the fact that
    1. it's not a game made in the early 2000's that's still getting updates 13+ years later
    2. they use a completely different file system for the data storage (not wz files) and dont use sprite based loops for the visual display.

I've played MS2 since it got public released in Korea
  • TroubleShooting101TroubleShooting101
    Reactions: 635
    edited September 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

1. it's not a game made in the early 2000's that's still getting updates 13+ years later
    2. they use a completely different file system for the data storage (not wz files) and dont use sprite based loops for the visual display.

Watch the bugs of complaints in youtube. Imagine, if this is in Korean MS2 forum. You'd see heck a lot of complaints than youtube complaining bugs typed in english by Korean uploader and add up the Korean language for MS2 bugs and you'd see more.

Most free to play Korean games do not pay for debugging their games because it'd cause them thousand dollars to debug the game. Most f2p games developer will rely to their players to detect the bugs. Just disproved your far fetch.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

Watch the bugs of complaints in youtube.

Most free to play Korean games do not pay for debugging their games because it'd cause them thousand dollars to debug the game. Most f2p games developer will rely to their players to detect the bugs. Just disproved your far fetch.

i never said it had no bugs, it's just not that buggy.

by your logic MS should have no bugs at all, yet look at the state of things in GMS, even KMS has bugs.

my point is that you do not have to wait 2-7 years to get it's "full potential", bugs and gameplay problems are a constant thing in a F2P game that gets constant updates, just as long as they can fix them in a timely manner is all that matters.

you didn't disprove anything other than your own statement of waiting "2-7 years" for the games "full potential"

as someone that has first hand experience, i can tell you that yes, there are bugs, they are just not that bad, or gameplay killing for you to think or assume that waiting 2 years or more would mean that there would be no bugs or put it into a more "playable" state. they also get fixed pretty frequently in the KMS2 service due to players talking about the bugs and issues, none of that changes my initial statement or invalidates it.
    JubJub
    edited September 2017

*Spits soda on his screen.* SOUND THE ALARM! China is next to get MS2!
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    I don't know Korean or Chinese.
    MS2 can into NA?
    Angelicaxoxo
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    MS2 can into NA?

That makes two of us...I really wanna try MS2 as well.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    MS2 can into NA?

That makes two of us...I really wanna try MS2 as well.

What I think they should do is create an English patch. There's been several other online games that have created English patches instead of going through the licencing process.
This discussion has been closed.