[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.220 Moonlight Magic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A Better Maple (foreshadowing??)

BIackbeanBIackbean
Reactions: 3,450
Posts: 519
Member
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Can't wait for this new event !! (update previews: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//17286/ )

We’re always trying to make a better Maple, and this month we have lots of improvements! Here are just a few of them:

The client size will be reduced by optimizing the video and sound data, and we will be working to improve overall lag

Could this mean that guild + buddy chat glitches may be fixed !!??!?!!!!

Discuss on what you think of the update!!

I am so hyped!! Best Halloween Event Ever !!

Lilyflower

Comments

  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Posts: 177
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I'm definitely looking forward to that story event, and it's been a while since there were some better maple changes with high impact. Hopefully I won't lag as much anymore during boss runs. I also wonder if the wedding changes mean they'll update APQ.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,375
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited October 2016
    The Dark Lords of Darkness returns, allowing you to collect items and earn powerful totems and equips!
    image
    You will be able to discard items while you’re engaged in combat, as well as access pets while hanging on ropes and ladders
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 6,805
    Posts: 980
    Member
    edited October 2016
    I hope the 15 minute and 3 man requirement for Hard Magnus and removed. I also wish Arkarium's mobs weren't physical-immune. Nothing will excite me more than V.
    gamechangerLilyflower
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    Posts: 424
    Member
    edited October 2016
    Dark lords and NO MALADY WITCH COINS HOORAH
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,375
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited October 2016
    Arlong
    Arlong said:

    Dark lords and NO MALADY WITCH COINS HOORAH
    Oh just you wait. It may come back.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    Posts: 424
    Member
    edited October 2016
    No. Dun do it nexon. I will hax u and ddos
    gamechanger
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,220
    Posts: 5,975
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Arlong
    Arlong said:

    Dark lords and NO MALADY WITCH COINS HOORAH
    Just because the highlights don't mention her doesn't mean she's not coming.

    @blackbean , where do you see any hint as to guild and buddy chat being fixed? All the changes they list are things KMS got as part of their QoL improvements. Bug fixes are unrelated to that, especially bugs that are apparently GMS-exclusive.
    Lilyflower
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    Posts: 424
    Member
    edited October 2016
    Ignore this cancer
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 6,805
    Posts: 980
    Member
    edited October 2016
    i am shuddering about imagining how much lag with the keys, tokens, necklaces and rings if we were on 2x.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    Posts: 271
    Member
    edited October 2016
    Christ Arlong, what did you just make me read....
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    Posts: 1,213
    Member
    edited October 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

    I'm definitely looking forward to that story event, and it's been a while since there were some better maple changes with high impact. Hopefully I won't lag as much anymore during boss runs. I also wonder if the wedding changes mean they'll update APQ.
    the wedding changes are more than likely the same changes that happened in CMS and JMS where now you can choose between japanese style, american style and chinese style weddings, also a update to NPC nana


    I'm more or less looking forward to the emblems for hayato, kanna and BT getting implemented like they have been for JMS and CMS when they got this update and maybe one for Jett as Zen got one in CMS.
  • liljayyyyliljayyyy
    Reactions: 1,300
    Posts: 62
    Member
    edited October 2016
    nice la
  • BlameBlame
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 2
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Can you please give me the name of the OST in preview update video?
    This song is great!
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,400
    Posts: 1,166
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    Im fine with witch malady coming back with different rewards.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    Posts: 519
    Member
    edited October 2016
    @AKradian I am just having some very high hopes that they will fix the guild chat glitches because they're tryna fix lag. the guild chat glitches is because of server lag and to counteract bots i believe. But let us keep our hopes high ! And plus, this will be like wake up call for nexon that everyone is really hyped up for the update given the preview! They still haven't released detailed patch notes or other events, but I really have high hopes just like everyone else !
    Lilyflower
  • SpectralRyderSpectralRyder
    Reactions: 1,030
    Posts: 42
    Member
    edited October 2016
    i'm kinda interested in the new fishing system/area...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,220
    Posts: 5,975
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

    @AKradian I am just having some very high hopes that they will fix the guild chat glitches because they're tryna fix lag. the guild chat glitches is because of server lag and to counteract bots i believe. But let us keep our hopes high ! And plus, this will be like wake up call for nexon that everyone is really hyped up for the update given the preview! They still haven't released detailed patch notes or other events, but I really have high hopes just like everyone else !
    I don't think the guild chat bug has anything to do with lag, tbh. You might think that, because of how long it takes the server to respond with its error message, but that is not the case. The slowness is because the bug sends the server on a wild goose chase, looking for data in all the wrong places. The bug itself happens regardless of server load.

    Speaking of lag, I'm really curious to see whether loot lag and kill-quest lag will be reduced any.

    As for patch notes, we can't expect them until the day of the patch itself. I just hope we do get detailed update notes instead of the joke we got last time (and late, at that).
    Lilyflower
  • DisneyPixarDisneyPixar
    Reactions: 875
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited October 2016
    A better maple but still no bpot cubes in Reward point shop qq
    Its2Sharp4UMakazeKiba
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    Posts: 519
    Member
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

    @AKradian I am just having some very high hopes that they will fix the guild chat glitches because they're tryna fix lag. the guild chat glitches is because of server lag and to counteract bots i believe. But let us keep our hopes high ! And plus, this will be like wake up call for nexon that everyone is really hyped up for the update given the preview! They still haven't released detailed patch notes or other events, but I really have high hopes just like everyone else !
    I don't think the guild chat bug has anything to do with lag, tbh. You might think that, because of how long it takes the server to respond with its error message, but that is not the case. The slowness is because the bug sends the server on a wild goose chase, looking for data in all the wrong places. The bug itself happens regardless of server load.

    Speaking of lag, I'm really curious to see whether loot lag and kill-quest lag will be reduced any.

    As for patch notes, we can't expect them until the day of the patch itself. I just hope we do get detailed update notes instead of the joke we got last time (and late, at that).
    @AKradian, ya the last couple of update notes were not specific at all, and the notes started saying that patch notes would be like that from there on?? I hope that isn't the case though. I like the traditional detailed notes and etc.... Too many changes that are not helpful...
    Lilyflower
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    Posts: 506
    Member
    edited October 2016
    DisneyPixar

    A better maple but still no bpot cubes in Reward point shop qq
    That wouldn't be put in highlights, doesn't mean it won't get added (probably won't, but no guarantees till the patch goes live)

    @Blackbean - I highly doubt the chat bug is due to lag, as I have gotten it before when not lagging at all. When you have problems chatting due to lag, you have problems on all channels, not just guild and buddy chat, which indicates its a different problem (ie literally just lag)
    Lilyflower