[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Server instability megathread

ChuChuRuChuChuRu
Reactions: 440
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I don't know what's going on in the NA side, but the European server is doing just fine, and most Europeans have an internet speed of 30-100mb/s so it'd be really great if there Was a way not to force us to have every unscheduled server check to try check the NA servers.

Might just be me, but I find it really inconvenient not being able to play because of it. I never had any disconnection issues, nor have any of my friends from what I can reckall. :/

This isn't a rant toward Nexon in any means, just I want to be able to play the game when I in general don't have any connectivity issues at all :)
Nightcrawl3r

Comments

• coolpikacoolpika
    Reactions: 220
    edited September 2017
    I've tried getting into maplestory through the nexon launcher but no matter how many times I've tried I'm able to get into the game. All it shows is a box that should suppose to say that I have been disconnected but it's blank. Can you please look into this thanks
  • peterwongdudepeterwongdude
    Reactions: 720
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    So the box is blank is there an "ok" in the box?
  • hahaoyeahahaoyea
    Reactions: 210
    edited September 2017
    Scania is so unstable. I cant even attempt to close maplestory window. Screen keeps freezing when trying to connect to server. Ive attempted to log in for 30mins and it just freezes. Im tired of this. Please for the love of god. Just put up an unscheduled maintenance for all the servers. Take like a whole day or two and fix this.
    mrskannax
  • peterwongdudepeterwongdude
    Reactions: 720
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Crashed twice first time was after I enter the pin nothing happened so I had to close the game. Second time the program closed and I get a message maple is down for maintenance then now upon selecting channel I get this message saying my account is not verified.
    Entered the Auction House and it's just a dark screen. I haven't played Maple for 2 weeks and I decided to login it's really that bad now comparing to two weeks ago.
    rroajNaoki
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Tell us how you really feel amirite?

But yea I agree with you.
    rroaj
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    the ones that complain are usually the ones that cant live without the game, just simmer down, technical issues are common, after all it's man made and as all men are fallible, so are their creations.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    the ones that complain are usually the ones that cant live without the game,

Maybe, or there are people who just want to try enjoying a game for like 1hr and end up staring at the loading sequence repeatedly for 2hrs instead.
    just simmer down, technical issues are common, after all it's man made and as all men are fallible, so are their creations.
    Yes, but you rarely see a game with an irl pay shop have such poor server quality. And it's not like GMS is the biggest mmorpg out there that's why it's hard to maintain server.
    rroaj
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    the ones that complain are usually the ones that cant live without the game, just simmer down, technical issues are common, after all it's man made and as all men are fallible, so are their creations.

I'm sorry man, but that is a terrible argument to make and an equally terrible defense to Nexon. Just letting issues happen and not voicing one's complaints is the reason you get companies that don't listen to feedback from their customers. I'm sure most of us could forgive Nexon if this was a not-so-frequent occurrence and they just came forth and admitted that something is wrong with their servers. However, considering their history with avoiding most of the public's concerns and the current perpetual failing state of the game which is about to reach a one week duration is the reason you see all of these mad users who by now want nothing more than to just sit down and enjoy a couple hours of Maplestory without any crashes for any reason.
    rroaj
  • ArcheryiArcheryi
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited September 2017
    I'm starting to think the chat box should say "has lagged in" instead of "logged" whenever someone actually makes it on.
    bootlickerrroajYinYangXNaokifoussiremixLovingNightLizardnix
  • mrskannaxmrskannax
    Reactions: 740
    edited September 2017
    ugh i just re downloaded the game because i thought it was me :S still have the same problem lol ,well i guess we have to wait :S
  • StarkerAdlerStarkerAdler
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2017
    same here
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited September 2017
    The servers stability has reached an all time low. We cannot enjoy the cash shop, auction house or be able to change channel without getting a black screen. It has been about a week and I haven't been able to any attendance on my mules. If the servers don't return to their stable state, we are just going go flock out before the next update.

As a devoted player, I haven't gotten angry with you until now. Not listening to us when we were fighting to prevent the drop rate nerf, saying that Windia is too crowded and is not available for world transfer just made me lose a lot of my patience. It shows how much you care for your players who will desert you if you don't improve the conditions in the game. For the excessive disconnections and errors from repeated failures to fix the servers, I hope you can provide us something worthwhile instead of the meager 100 spell trace or power elixirs and 2x coupons which aren't enough to compensate for the poor connections.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited September 2017
    They better drop some legit compensation like they did years ago when the game was under heavy DDoS attacks.
    I remember getting a couple of perm NX sets, a free perm pet, a week's worth of 2x exp/drop and a bunch of other stuff.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they had the audacity to give us some 15 minute 2x coupons and a 1k reward point token though..
    bootlickerErasPetalmagicmrskannaxLizardnix
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited September 2017
    can't play this game from aug 23 (patch 188), there been 7 unscheduled maintenance since then and still no fix.

they should change back to v.187.3.0, because this is definitely not a better maple, but the worst patch ever.
    bootlickerPermagvnalmanza
  • MisterPooMisterPoo
    Reactions: 570
    edited September 2017
    I just wish Nexon would tell us what the actual problem is. Whatever the problem may be, it would be better to admit the issue and suffer the mild embarrassment than to keep us in the dark and make us lose faith in them.
    bootlickerPermaLizardnix
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    MisterPoo wrote: »
    I just wish Nexon would tell us what the actual problem is. Whatever the problem may be, it would be better to admit the issue and suffer the mild embarrassment than to keep us in the dark and make us lose faith in them.

Apparently, they don't know.
    They keep trying stuff but it only helps temporarily, if at all.
    bootlicker
  • FrozeFroze
    Reactions: 1,395
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I kinda get the feeling they knew this patch would be a nightmare and that's why they opened the PTS
    bootlickerThoner
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Froze wrote: »
    I kinda get the feeling they knew this patch would be a nightmare and that's why they opened the PTS

The PTS was for testing the content.
    The issues we're having are network/connectivity issues, that can't really be tested on a single-machine test server. Even right now, Luna is not suffering. Which means that it's not something inherent to the patch.
    Furthermore, the connectivity issues only started Saturday, 3 days after the patch.
    My guess is that it's either a hardware issue with one of the NA data center's network components (router, gateway, etc) or a service quality issue with their ISP. Either way, not something that a test server could predict.
    JettLuvsUThonerNimoPhantomMasterThief
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited September 2017
    I've never had much faith in them to begin with.... The Red update years ago proved to me they don't care about their customers.
    JettLuvsUPermaLizardnix
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited September 2017
    5 or 6 attempts seems about right for me too.
    rroajNaokiLizardnix