[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Server instability megathread

Comments

• LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    All they need to do is take it down, test the server, then bring it back up. Simple. 2 hours clearly isn't fixing the problem at all.
  • ZouyiroZouyiro
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited September 2017
    Arurei wrote: »
    Nexon is obviously trying their best to satisfy you cry babies. Things happen, sometimes worse than others and this is one of those rare occasions where it has been persistent like this. So what? Maybe the problem is bigger than all of you can understand. Try cheering them on at least. Give them motivation. Who wants to try hard to fix something to satisfy a bunch of whiny people always starting something. Just because we have freedom of speech doesn't mean we have to be up someone's ass about something at every little thing that makes you unhappy.

Cut Nexon some slack. They are not just sitting around sipping their coffee and laughing at us. They are also being financially effected by these sort of issues.

Go outside for a bit, hang out with friends, do some chores around the house, plan something.

Back ups exists. Game was stable before. They already know whats happening to the game, they can actually fix the problem before launching the game... is an insult to the face of every player posting that the issue is fixed, game is on and when you log in you got the same glitch or even worse.

Keep the server close until you actually fix the issue thats not hard to do.
    Lilyflower
  • TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited September 2017
    Game is working. It's not working WELL, but it's working. You just have to have some patience, and do a little research on how to maintain connected.
  • TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited September 2017
    They never actually said ANYTHING about the game being fixed. They do these maint. to TEST FOR POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS. And they only do it for 2 hours at a time because they know people still want to play. The game is playable, just with several annoying issues. Backing up an MMO is a lot different than other games. Especially games with sensitive economies.
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited September 2017
    All they need to do is take it down, test the server, then bring it back up. Simple. 2 hours clearly isn't fixing the problem at all.

What problems are people even talking about? Are they maybe just on NA servers since Luna is fine, haven't noticed anything that would warrant all these unscheduled maintenances and I'm really getting sick of them.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2017
    I've taken the liberty of merging 8 (count them: 8) different "server instability" threads into one large thread. Please stop creating duplicate discussions on the same topic, it doesn't make the topic more visible, it just clogs up the forums.

Edit: And a big apology to every one of you who were being polite and were actually trying to help with the situation. Sorry you had to have your thread merged with that of people making generic complaints over and over.

Edit2: 9 threads now.
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Considering the current maintenance, I can't believe it took them this long to roll back a few new features to see if those were the possible causes of this error.

A+ on Tech Support guys. I know it's a bit ranty but I'm not making a new thread just to state my mind some more.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited September 2017
    Troll thread is troll. *eats popcorn*
    Lilyflower
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited September 2017
    July wrote: »
    im just happy they gonna remove 'Change Character' function.. never worked for me.. always crashed the game to desktop.

It's only temporarily and if it crashes your game then that's a problem on your end since it's a great function that works just fine.
    Albinorock
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017

What problems are people even talking about? Are they maybe just on NA servers since Luna is fine, haven't noticed anything that would warrant all these unscheduled maintenances and I'm really getting sick of them.

This is about Nexon America players, not Luna. For the past week, the server has been incredibility unstable and every maintenance they do hasn't fixed the problem. Yes, it sucks that it is hurting you Luna players that can play fine, but almost no one can even get on Nexon America servers without crashing or lagging or something like that.
    Lilyflower
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    25% voted yes compared to the 38% of other results? I mean I know i'm angry at the game for failing but I still hope that it'll work eventually.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited September 2017
    I have about as much hope as I do in a 10% CSS activating. I mean if you use enough of them one is eventually going to work, right?
  • ZouyiroZouyiro
    edited September 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    I've taken the liberty of merging 8 (count them: 8) different "server instability" threads into one large thread. Please stop creating duplicate discussions on the same topic, it doesn't make the topic more visible, it just clogs up the forums.

Edit: And a big apology to every one of you who were being polite and were actually trying to help with the situation. Sorry you had to have your thread merged with that of people making generic complaints over and over.

Edit2: 9 threads now.

Your apology should be to the entire community. People are posting complaints over and over for a reason. Its been more than a week now with the same problems everyday same thing 'over and over' :|
  • ArureiArurei
    Reactions: 545
    edited September 2017
    Anyways.

It's just a game. No need to get worked up. Cant argue that. Spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of ours on this game? Too bad. That was your decision.

Nothing changes that fact. Just chill out and peacefully wait. You signed up for the game and nexon never promised anything, so quit expecting and complaining. **** happens.

Solution: Just wait. 1-3 weeks of your long lives isn't gonna kill you. Do something else.
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited September 2017
    I keep reading that Luna works fine, however I can't stay in game more than 5-10 minutes before disconnecting or the game stops working... Maybe it's me, but since I started playing maple it's the first time I've had so many problems and I have the same PC and same connection I had when it was working fine, so the difference isn't on my end, as far as I can tell. Also, unless Luna's population has significantly decreasead compared to a few months ago, it's obvious by how empty the channels are that many people can't stay logged in (not even channel 1 is full these days).

Edit 1: maintenance over, try to play, get a runtime error everytime I try to enter Luna in world selection, another problem I never had...
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Hmm, game is working as normal, but waiting few hours and see if it's actually fixed.
    TheOutlander
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I tried to log in after the maintenance to sizable success. I can even enter the Cash Shop, Auction House and switch channels repeatedly. My theory is that it was probably something to do with either the change character function or the regional server auto-select. For those not faring as well as me I wish you good luck trying to enter the game regardless.
  • ZouyiroZouyiro
    edited September 2017
    Working normal now. Hope it last.
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited September 2017
    Last time was similar, it was all good after maintenance, when they restored the Reward system, all broke again. Anyways, enjoy it til it last :)
  • DealingJokerDealingJoker
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2017
    Can't get into the game either. Game updated, loads, get the region select screen, select my world (tried multiple worlds), it says loading, "Disconnected from login server", game closes. Tried logging in and out of Nexon Launcher aswell.