[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Migration Delayed

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    EMS_lormarkie

On the maplestory europe website, the new cash shop promotions last only one week instead of the usual 2 weeks.
    Does that mean the migration will happen next week? :)
    I'm pretty sure they planned to have the merge/ migration done by our next update at the latest, so I'm sure that's the plan. The 28th of september was more or less the earliest they would have been able to do the migration if nothing went wrong (as, once again they said it was a Tentative date)
  • XelthineXelthine
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited October 2016
    One thing I noticed, during the recent 2 maintenances for ems there were no preparations for the migration, so they are probably already done with it and waits for the patch to hit gms.
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited October 2016
    Likely we could see it happen this time around.

Picking up the new client with the optimizations could be what the doctor ordered. Just one of those things I could assume is possible, just not sure on the server side solutions. I wouldn't be surprised if we happen to see a 10-12 hour patch time just to get everything right for migration.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Hopefully it will be the 19th my eventlist in EMS is sooo dead.
  • XelthineXelthine
    edited October 2016
    RikNL
    RikNL said:

Hopefully it will be the 19th my eventlist in EMS is sooo dead.
    Unfortunately it seems like there won't be any migration this wednesday either...
  • XantaxXantax
    Reactions: 210
    edited October 2016
    Dear MS staff, it is possible to have some news about this migration?
    Because otherwise at this point I'm thinking about changing game directly, as I think they will do a lot of peolpe for these delays.
    Hutwave
  • HutwaveHutwave
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Yes please, any news.
    Even if it's "They are trying it for the next week, but may get delayed" :D
    ... or if it's gonna be a month or longer.
  • EMS_lormarkieEMS_lormarkie
    Reactions: 410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    It seems like the IP block for european players has been removed. I could log in with an account created on the american service and play reboot! Thanks nexon!
  • ShusuiShusui
    Reactions: 620
    edited October 2016
    anyone know if the Brazilian IP block has been removed too or only the EU IP block? i still got to download the whole 9GB before i try it.

edit: i don't know for sure but there is a reddit post saying that brazil and vietnam ip block has been removed too.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Shusui
    Shusui said:

anyone know if the Brazilian IP block has been removed too or only the EU IP block? i still got to download the whole 9GB before i try it.
    People have reported that they can play from Brazil and even from VietNam. I'm not sure it's intentional. It would be interesting to hear from someone in Korea/Japan/SEA/China whether they can connect as well, as that would mean all IP blocks are off - and that's definitely not intentional.
  • MataharyMatahary
    Reactions: 580
    edited October 2016
    Im trying right now from a Brazilian IP I HOPE IT WORKS PLEASE ;-;
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    All my Brazilians friends sayed they could log in in.
  • ShacoTheTacooShacoTheTacoo
    Reactions: 340
    edited October 2016
    MY Efforts of sending support ticket with the idea may have worked, not tried it myself ytet hope EMS Lormarkie isnt kappaing
  • BigDaddyDavidBigDaddyDavid
    Reactions: 715
    edited October 2016
    3 weeks later..
  • XelthineXelthine
    edited October 2016
    At last we have a new update regarding the migration. They want to complete it sometime in November & we should have a new date soon.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Dear MapleStory Player,

A few weeks ago, we announced that the Nexon Europe MapleStory service would soon
    be migrating to the Nexon Global Platform launcher managed by Nexon America. We also
    announced that the migration process had been delayed from our original date of September
    28th. While we don’t have a new date to share with you, we would like you to know that we
    are planning to complete the migration within November 2016. We are working hard to bring
    this migration to our players and we should be ready to announce a solid date in the coming
    weeks. Please bear with us as we iron out all the issues to ensure you have a smooth
    experience during the migration.
    We hope to see all of you soon on the new and improved MapleStory service!

-The MapleStory Team
    Source:
    http://en.maplestory.nexoneu.com/Maple.aspx?Part=/News/Notice&mode=view&uid=6537

On the EMS site. I am looking forward for Mushroom Shrine Tales.
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited October 2016
    The migration is delayed..but Thanks God, that they have lifted some IP Region block. It would seem like this the window..You have to choose which region to play, then Log in as usual. Ppl from European can play in North America server, but they have to create new Account,

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Arwen
    Arwen said:

The migration is delayed..but Thanks God, that they have lifted some IP Region block. It would seem like this the window..You have to choose which region to play, then Log in as usual. Ppl from European can play in North America server, but they have to create new Account,

That artwork doesn't look anything like Maplestory :(

It feels wrong
    bumbertyrAKradianNiightseekerLilyflower
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    Definitely different looking art.

• ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Arwen
    Arwen said:

That artwork doesn't look anything like Maplestory :(

It feels wrong
    I know it looks crappy..but It is Official from Nexon . I don't photoshop or anything..but that's the window I captured after the last maintenance. If u played in Europe area, after the last maintenance, and you download the patch without using the VPN, you will see this window.