[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Not very open-minded forum moderators

SoultacularSoultacular
Reactions: 615
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
To clarify what happened, I had a problem in the game that I wanted fixed so I went to the forums to get some help and my help was ignored. What happened in the game was that I was doing the beginning quests for the Afterlands and I had mistakenly progressed through the story skipping important quests to progress further in the questline. I had reported this in a forum but it was not forwarded because it was too hard to read saying "Heyo, This is very hard to read - I'm having a hard time understanding the issue. Please use this guideline thread to edit your post. I will not be forwarding the issue until this is done." so then I revised the report with less details but then was ignored saying "It does indeed sound like things are working as intended. I've locked this thread. If you experience another issue, please submit another bug report. Thanks". I was shocked to see this posted and infuriated to see that I could not say anything more about this problem I had. Things were not even working as intended for me because I was not able to continue through the Afterlands. I had reproduced pretty remembered up steps of how this even happened in the first place but was initially ignored and I felt that they did not even test those steps in the first place. I assume that they really think of me as stupid and incompetent because of this problem happening in the first place and I bet they thought "This will not be noticed by anyone except for incompetent fools like you" and I feel really spiteful and angered at how the forum moderators do not even try hard enough to even look and figure out this problem. I bet they even say that I am stupid because I did not read how to post a bug report in the first place. I would never trust the forum moderators for help when even they could not figure out my problem when I had clearly put in details. I am sure a normal person could figure out my problem easily if they played through. If you ban me from Maplestory and these forums go ahead, I will never, NEVER come back here again unless this problem is looked.
Main: Sapphirous (Shade)
Server: Nova 1

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Did you try doing what PirateIzzy and Neospector said, and progress forward from the Land of Riches until you go full circle?

If the problem is, as DreamWeaver said, that there are no quests in the Land of Riches and no NPC will take you either forward or back, I guess the mods missed that point. They're only human.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2017
    I did ask if you could provide a screenshot of Akyasha's dialog which might clear some things up. I don't know why Alex locked the thread, although if I had to guess I would say it was because you started to repeat yourself and didn't really answer anyone's questions which might have helped clarify your issue.

From what you said in your post and your follow-up comment, you keep trying to go back to the Land of Warriors, which is intentionally impossible. I asked if Akyasha had some dialog that allowed you to progress forward to the Land of Contemplation, though you never particularly answered. If you can keep going forward, you'll eventually wind up in the Land of Warriors again and can complete the quest with no issue.
    We understood your issue just fine; you accidentally skipped to the Land of Riches without making the sun go down. What I was asking for was some clarification:
    Can you speak with Akyasha and travel to the Land of Contemplation?

Again, a screenshot of Akyasha's dialog would be very helpful; you can take a screenshot using either the Scroll Lock key (the game's default screenshot key, which will save a full-resolution .jpg image of your game in your Maplestory game files, the default location being C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata ), or you can use the Prnt Scrn key, which will copy whatever is visible on your screen (you can then press CTRL+V in Paint or something to obtain the image, and crop out anything you don't want).
    After taking the screenshot, upload it to Imgur, Tinypic, or another image hosting website of your choice.
    Once uploaded, right click on the image and select "copy image URL". Then, paste that link onto the forum using the IMG tag, like so:
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/kS4ayPF.png[/img]

kS4ayPF.png

If you are stuck and cannot move on to the Land of Contemplation, you can try sending a ticket from the support center to get yourself unstuck. I cannot guarantee that they can help with the issue, but if you're polite and detailed there's a possibility that the GM can teleport you back to the Land of Warriors manually. After creating the ticket, speaking with Live Chat during their regular hours (10:00AM - 5:00PM Pacific time Monday-Wednesday, or 1:00PM - 5:00PM Saturday/Sunday) might help you explain your issue to someone in person.
    AlexFSoultacularscholar624
  • SoultacularSoultacular
    edited October 2017
    Okay so to answer your question of: Can I speak to Akyasha to travel to the land of contemplation? The answer is no, since there are no quests that are open in the land of riches, I cannot go forward anymore. Also to clarify, I do play maplestory without my parents knowing and I do not want to be caught doing this in the day or at night. To be frank, I don't think even I could go back to look at the dialog box since it was back at the land of warriors. At the land of riches there are no quest bubbles popping up inside the gold kettle or whatever it is so I am eternally stuck with no quests there and so I just left the Afterlands permanently since there was no way of going any further. Can I suggest something? Please make it so that Akyasha can teleport you back to the previous land that you were on before you left it. I mean there is a way of doing that, although it is very loopy and it will only teleport you back to the island you are on currently or when at the middle island takes you back to the island you were on before. I am sorry I could not provide an image for this currently.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited October 2017
    Okay so to answer your question of: Can I speak to Akyasha to travel to the land of contemplation? The answer is no, since there are no quests that are open in the land of riches, I cannot go forward anymore. Also to clarify, I do play maplestory without my parents knowing and I do not want to be caught doing this in the day or at night. To be frank, I don't think even I could go back to look at the dialog box since it was back at the land of warriors. At the land of riches there are no quest bubbles popping up inside the gold kettle or whatever it is so I am eternally stuck with no quests there and so I just left the Afterlands permanently since there was no way of going any further. Can I suggest something? Please make it so that Akyasha can teleport you back to the previous land that you were on before you left it. I mean there is a way of doing that, although it is very loopy and it will only teleport you back to the island you are on currently or when at the middle island takes you back to the island you were on before. I am sorry I could not provide an image for this currently.

The NPC Ashkaya exists in every land and directly in front of the door. Ashkaya will have two dialog options: one teleports you to the big door, the other teleports you to the next land. The quests inside the pot shouldn't particularly affect Ashkaya's dialog, and the dialog should be the same in every land.

The Afterlands can only move in one direction, that's part of the game mechanics (and the lore, to an extent) for that particular area. So it's unlikely that a function to move backwards would be implemented, sorry.

I will add that I did try to replicate the bug on my Bowman just now (5:30PM Pacific time, October 26th) and was unable to (Ashkaya does not offer an option to teleport me to the Land of Riches until I complete the basic quests in the Land of Warriors: https://i.imgur.com/sfUXDF5.png?1 ). So my best advice is that you submit a ticket to support to try and get your character unstuck. Your parents shouldn't find out, unless they read your email without asking you.
  • SoultacularSoultacular
    edited October 2017
    Are you able to bring up the options for the sun? I need some help remembering the options for the sun so that I can kinda help you out with what happened. I could also think the quest to change to moon for partying had something to do with it, although it is just superstition. Also I make sure my parents do not read my e-mails unless it is super important A.K.A. college stuff.
  • SoultacularSoultacular
    edited October 2017
    Are you able to bring up the options for the sun? I need some help remembering the options for the sun so that I can kinda help you out with what happened. I could also think the quest to change to moon for partying had something to do with it, although it is just a guess. Also I make sure my parents do not read my e-mails unless it is super important A.K.A. college stuff.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited October 2017
    Are you able to bring up the options for the sun? I need some help remembering the options for the sun so that I can kinda help you out with what happened. I could also think the quest to change to moon for partying had something to do with it, although it is just superstition. Also I make sure my parents do not read my e-mails unless it is super important A.K.A. college stuff.

The sun pulley is a reactor, which basically means that you normal-attack the gear at the bottom of the pole to lower the sun. It has no dialog options on its own; when the sun is at the bottom it's night and when it's at the top it's day. I did test both before and after lowering the sun, and was not able to move to the Land of Riches until after I had completed all available quests in the Land of Warriors.
    I'm not a GM myself, I'm just a normal player, so I can't help unstick you personally. Your best option would be to submit a ticket and talk with Live Chat if possible; they are actual GMs and have the ability to teleport you. Sorry I can't be of more help, but that's my advice.
  • SoultacularSoultacular
    edited October 2017
    Mmmmmmm.... i guess you are right, weird. When I did it there were options that were pulled up then I did do it. IDK what even triggered it to do that in the first place. It is sort of like a one-time thing where you gotta see it to believe it. It might have something to do with the quest specifically for partying after first going there? Whatever the case I will not go back to the Afterlands ever again.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited October 2017
    the Afterlands is very buggy anyway. My main still has a key that's supposed to open one of the locks on the big door, which it doesn't. And i can not remove it from my inventory either. It's just sitting there gathering dust, taking up a slot.. My alts stay away from that place. It's a shame, because i enjoyed the story.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    the Afterlands is very buggy anyway. My main still has a key that's supposed to open one of the locks on the big door, which it doesn't. And i can not remove it from my inventory either. It's just sitting there gathering dust, taking up a slot.. My alts stay away from that place. It's a shame, because i enjoyed the story.

You too? With me, the door opened before I used all the keys, so I have one in my inventory taking up a slot still. Very annoying.