[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Contest] Set the Stage for Cadena and Illium!

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited November 2017 in Contests and Events
e7zH9hi.png

Set the Stage for Cadena & Illium - Photo Contest!

Both Cadena and Illium are quite stylish, but there's no limit to how hot or cool one can be! Of course, pretty pictures can awe many, however, what we're searching for is depth. Capture a picture of Cadena or Illium in both a stylish and meaningful light to enter in the contest.

Here's your chance to show us your understanding of Cadena or Illium in the form of a photo!

HOW TO ENTER

• Save and print out the art files (Cadena, Illium, or both). Both color or black & white printouts are fine.
• Cut out the character and place them in the desired setting.
• Take a photo of the character printout in the setting, and post the photo to Twitter or the MapleStory forums.
o For Twitter, the post must include either #CadenaArtContest or #IlliumArtContest to be entered in the contest.
o For the MapleStory forums, the post must be made in the official contest thread.
o Include the name of your MapleStory character and World with your entry.

Posts must be made before the end of the contest submission period, November 30, 2017.

RULES AND JUDGING:

You may submit one entry per character per platform. For example, you can post a picture of Cadena on Twitter, and a picture of Illium on Twitter. You can also post a picture of Cadena on the forums, and a picture of Illium on forums. However, you cannot post the same picture on both platforms—the setting must be different!

Multiple submissions, plagiarism, and use of inappropriate content (in the opinions of the judges) shall be grounds for disqualification.

The full disclosure of the Official Rules for this contest can be found here:
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16800/official-rules-set-the-stage-for-cadena-illium#latest

Judging Criteria:
  • 25% Creativity – How much effort was put into the creation of your setting?
  • 25% Accuracy – How well does your setting reflect the character’s lore or theme?
  • 25% Humor – Is your setting funny or clever?
  • 25% Originality – How original is your setting? Is it different from other submissions?

Example Entry:

6nJrHOW.jpg

As you can see, I did not Photoshop this. I simply printed out a picture of Cadena and placed the cut out in a real life scene. Let me know if there are still any confusions and we will do our best to address them.
PRIZES:

The prizes will be different depending on which platform you decide to participate in with this contest!
To participate on Twitter, post your photo with the following hastags: #CadenaArtContest or #IlliumArtContest

1st Place (Twitter): One MapleStory framed canvas art print (Cadena)
2nd Place (Twitter): One MapleStory mug of your choice (Orange Mushroom, Slime, Pink Bean, or Yeti)
3rd Place (Twitter): One MapleStory plush of your choice (Orange Mushroom, Slime, Pink Bean, or Yeti)

To participate on the forum, post your photo in this submission thread.

1st Place (Forums): One MapleStory framed canvas art print (Illium)
2nd Place (Forums): One MapleStory mug of your choice (Orange Mushroom, Slime, Pink Bean, or Yeti)
3rd Place (Forums): One MapleStory plush of your choice (Orange Mushroom, Slime, Pink Bean, or Yeti)

Good luck!!

The contest runs from today to November 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
LeeTbeatsteenyrikkuSiIvia

Comments

• gatlalgatlal
    Reactions: 210
    edited November 2017
    Thats great
    LeeTbeats
  • TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    7OfA60n.png
    I really don't know if I did this right but the rules were kinda confusing and it did say print out in color and black and white? Shrugs!
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited November 2017
    To be clear,
    1. For the setting, is it limited to real-world settings (e.g. a local cafe or park)? Or can it be a staged/crafted setting (e.g. using paper or clay to create a setting)?
    2. What kind of photo-manipulation is allowed, if any? Do digitally-created or drawn designs qualify?
    3. For entries, in sum, is each user allowed to submit 4 different entries in total, 2 per character (Illium, Cadena), 2 per platform (Twitter, forums)?
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2017
    1. It must be a real world setting!
    2. You may change the lighting of the photo, but you may not add new items/effects onto the photo (Let me know if you'd like me to clarify further on this, I can provide more examples too if needed)
    3. 4 would be correct. You can post Illium and Cadena on Twitter, then again on the forum.
    Renni
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    2. You may change the lighting of the photo, but you may not add new items/effects onto the photo (Let me know if you'd like me to clarify further on this, I can provide more examples too if needed)
    3. 4 would be correct. You can post Illium and Cadena on Twitter, then again on the forum.

Clarify on picture modification please. I would like to put my environment/props on my cutout without altering the image.
  • krskkrsk
    Reactions: 2,980
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »

examples would be great
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017
    I just uploaded an example on twitter and theres another example on twitter too chech for the hastags #CadenaArtContest or #IlliumArtContest
  • Roberti7Roberti7
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2017
    How do i post images here?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Roberti7 wrote: »
    How do i post images here?

Take the image from your computer and upload it to an image hosting website, such as Imgur or TinyPic. Once uploaded, right click on the image and select "Copy Image URL". Then click on the image button when writing your comment and paste the URL, like so:
  • CremositaCremosita
    edited November 2017
  • AgainToKsAgainToKs
    Reactions: 800
    edited November 2017
  • taijirostaijiros
    edited November 2017
  • dimnut43dimnut43
    Reactions: 920
    edited November 2017
    [img][/img]umog4.jpg

JettSetter5 Bera
  • KRZTLKRZTL
    edited November 2017
    http://tinyurl.com/yb7anhzh

Bera - Valcanius
  • EnriquePDEnriquePD
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2017
    IGN: GodLegend
    World: Bera
  • EnriquePDEnriquePD
    edited November 2017
  • gilaigilai
    edited November 2017
    Character Name: Lazros
    World: Nova
    [img][/img]Illium_Entry.jpg image hosting services free
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I think an example is definitely in order, Arwoo.
    Looking at what people uploaded so far, either I misunderstood the instructions, or some of them did.
    KhongiRenni
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Looking at what people uploaded so far, either I misunderstood the instructions, or some of them did.

I think that the context is to take your cutout and put it somewhere IRL. I plan on posting my entries within the week...hehehe.
    KhongiRenni
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

I think that the context is to take your cutout and put it somewhere IRL. I plan on posting my entries within the week...hehehe.

I agree with AKradian can we please have an example?

I understood it the same as Petalmagic, not a photoshopped image but a cut out placed IRL and then a photo taken which is then uploaded. Am I wrong?
    Renni