[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Think About This when Cheating Online Games

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    엘소드 wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    What is the name and purpose of this particular sub-forum? I clearly asserted the difference you're babbling about, if you bother to read what I said. If this was (as opposed to was not) a game where mods were permitted; the same people moaning about how criminal they are would be participants. I also said, those who are upset because they can't use mods knew full well what they entered into when they registered their account. Don't patronize me.

Non-GMS Content Discussion
    Content discussions regarding other MapleStory services (unrelated to GMS).

This subforum is for discussions of content from other versions of MapleStory.

So bringing up two games that aren't related to Maplestory means that you're the one that's off topic.

I'd say it's best to leave this thread alone. We all know that cheating is unacceptable, there's not much more to say.
    DarkPassengerHardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited October 2017
    엘소드 wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    What is the name and purpose of this particular sub-forum? I clearly asserted the difference you're babbling about, if you bother to read what I said. If this was (as opposed to was not) a game where mods were permitted; the same people moaning about how criminal they are would be participants. I also said, those who are upset because they can't use mods knew full well what they entered into when they registered their account. Don't patronize me.

Non-GMS Content Discussion
    Content discussions regarding other MapleStory services (unrelated to GMS).

This subforum is for discussions of content from other versions of MapleStory.

So bringing up two games that aren't related to Maplestory means that you're the one that's off topic.
    @엘소드 ~ Quoting the first post in the thread, we can plainly see you're mistaken about the topic. ~ Good day to you.
    this is in regards to all MMORPGS (not just MapleStory).

• Cartoondude135Cartoondude135
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2017

... What? You've been playing in a private server? Most likely one with vastly increased exp and drop rate?

Yes. After that and talking with their forum moderators, I finally learned and realised I could've played MS much more casually. But then again, if I had joined a PS, I would've never been able to listen to the music OSTs of the limited time events such as the 9th anniversary minigames (monsteropoly, one-card, etc).

Catooolooo, you've got a point. Next time when I play a game that involves draining tons of my time, I'm gonna find a more "free" way to play it from here on out.

Also, my purpose to cheat in online games is merely to benefit myself. I have no intentions at all to troll other people or ruin their time leveling up. I might have forgotten to mention this, but reaching certain levels is the only way to unlock certain things (this principle applies to Payday 2 as leveling is the only way to acquire more skill points for the Payday Skill Trees (Mastermind, Enforcer, Technician, Ghost, and Fugitive.)). Well, there is one goal in MapleStory: getting that character class to max level (lvl 250). And getting to that level is a very slow process. Also, leveling is a way to increase your overall HP and MP capacity (even without equipment). I merely want to get this goal done quickly, but the leveling process is going at the pace of a snail at the higher levels (even with an EXP booster).
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2017

Catooolooo, you've got a point. Next time when I play a game that involves draining tons of my time, I'm gonna find a more "free" way to play it from here on out.

Also, my purpose to cheat in online games is merely to benefit myself. I have no intentions at all to troll other people or ruin their time leveling up. I might have forgotten to mention this, but reaching certain levels is the only way to unlock certain things (this principle applies to Payday 2 as leveling is the only way to acquire more skill points for the Payday Skill Trees (Mastermind, Enforcer, Technician, Ghost, and Fugitive.)). Well, there is one goal in MapleStory: getting that character class to max level (lvl 250). And getting to that level is a very slow process. Also, leveling is a way to increase your overall HP and MP capacity (even without equipment). I merely want to get this goal done quickly, but the leveling process is going at the pace of a snail at the higher levels (even with an EXP booster).
    yes, the leveling process is slower once you get to the higher levels but you will have to put up with that like every other legitimate player. all the hackers hack for personal gain, whether that be money, fame/ spot on the top of the rankings, faster leveling, meso gain and so on, that doen't make it right to do in an MMO. there is no "trolling" when it comes to hacking for the most part aside from some of the minor exploits that have happened like monster spawning and turning lots of people into a different class, hacking is %99 people doing it for personal gains, and it's wrong to do in an MMO. It's fine to do in a single player experience game because.. it's single player.

MMO's are designed around not making you get to a point where you feel accomplished without investing loads of time (or money for f2p) and continue to add content to keep the game fresh and keep the players playing, so changing of level caps.. etc can and will happen most of the time. you can play maple casually, but seriously dont expect any MMO to allow you to go from a newbie to max pro in 1~ 2 years with little time or money invested. if you want that kind of experience, it's single player type games that are for you.

it's easier to justify cheating in a single player experience game because it only effects you, but hacking in MMO's effects everyone that is forced to play around you for a number of different factors.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Well, so far I see nobody who is gonna say it, so I gladly will;

This whole thread is making me sick to my stomach. Nothing justifies cheating (in games and real life) and I hope to the gods of the universe that you get banned!
    People like you are why the world is so messed up, cheating to win a game, ruining the fun for everyone else..
    Again, not just on the computer. Real life is full of these twisted individuals!
    Who needs hard work when you can just use cheats and hacks to win everything for you?!
    Oh boo hoo, you can't pause an online game, SO YOU RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US WITH YOUR HACKS!!
    You people are the scum of this earth.
    If I could say bad words on here, you'd have a mouth full of it.
    PhantomMasterThief
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    Well, so far I see nobody who is gonna say it, so I gladly will;

This whole thread is making me sick to my stomach. Nothing justifies cheating (in games and real life) and I hope to the gods of the universe that you get banned!
    People like you are why the world is so messed up, cheating to win a game, ruining the fun for everyone else..
    Again, not just on the computer. Real life is full of these twisted individuals!
    Who needs hard work when you can just use cheats and hacks to win everything for you?!
    Oh boo hoo, you can't pause an online game, SO YOU RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US WITH YOUR HACKS!!
    You people are the scum of this earth.
    If I could say bad words on here, you'd have a mouth full of it.

Again, let's let sleeping dogs lie.
    Sherripandabunnies