[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.233 Destiny: Remastered Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Think About This when Cheating Online Games

Comments

  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Posts: 161
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Also, think about it. You are 99% complete on this LTQ and your 1 quest short/1 point away of completing the LTQ (all this done fair and square). You just need to clear 1 more quest to complete the LTQ, but then, an unscheduled server maintenance begins! The game shuts down; you lose connection to your character. Or, your internet modem shuts down unexpectedly due to an "unknown error".

    All that effort you just put into this LTQ in an attempt to get this special prize on one more character out of all the current characters you have just went south (or is it "out the window" or "up in smoke"?), because an unexpected problem arises. Plus, this is an event-exclusive item. This limited time item might never appear again in the future! So it is imperative I get this event-exclusive equipment for ALL my characters, because it could help a long way. EG, the Black Swordsman medal. It is indeed (and literally) a race against time to beat the clock when it comes to server-tethered games. Things just happen, a hacker screws up the map your in, the server needs to undergo maintenance and (due to it being an unscheduled maintenance) it might not appear under the maintenance section early in the forum.

    Okay allow me to make this clearer for you... Nexon announce when they're going to do an unscheduled server maintenance in-game with the text being scrolled at the top of the screen. So please don't use that as an excuse, when Nexon announce when the maintenance happens.
    As for LTQ and being so close to completion, again..... It's a game. Yes it sucks if you disconnect, and have to start over, BUT that does not justify cheating.
    I assume, depending on the severity of the problems caused with numerous unscheduled maintenance, Nexon then chooses to extend events due to times missed.

    But honestly, all from what you've said, you cannot justify cheating on a game where the game makers don't allow it !
    AK712 wrote: »
    Secondly, for those replying to the thread:

    Are you doing the same thing he is?

    Are you giving "reasons" for why you can break forum/game rules by harassing other people? Because you don't like them, or because they "hurt you", or because you think it's "justice", you can verbally abuse other people? Aren't you showing your hypocrisy?

    Isn't that far worse than cheating games? Cheating games doesn't cause suicide; verbal abuse does. How many lives have you hurt by letting your emotions get the better of you?

    If you're going to get angry at the thread creator for trying to justify breaking rules, you had better check to make sure you aren't trying to justify yourself doing the exact same thing. "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" - Matthew 7:3

    Please AK712, show me the errors of my ways in this thread as to where I've verbally abused the thread's author. As you say, I've replied to this thread, and not once do I feel like I've verbally abused anyone.
    I may have advised the thread's author to perhaps look at their priorities and tweak them so they're not just focused on cheating on a game where the game doesn't allow cheaters to get away with it...
    But other than that, please don't tar me with the same brush and say I've verbally abused someone, all because I've replied to this post. :/
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,050
    Posts: 839
    Member
    edited October 2017
    AK712 wrote: »
    Okay, two huge issues here.

    First, for the thread creator:

    You cannot justify doing something wrong just because it is easier, more convenient, or makes you feel better. We have laws in the real world for a reason - to keep people from harming themselves or others. This is physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, etc. This also applies to video games - video games are still real life. You do not "leave" real life just because you're in front of a computer/TV. Right and wrong do not disappear. Rules and regulations are put into games for the same reason they're put into life. Trying to give reasons to break them doesn't work because it ignores the consequences of your actions on other people.

    Secondly, for those replying to the thread:

    Are you doing the same thing he is?

    Are you giving "reasons" for why you can break forum/game rules by harassing other people? Because you don't like them, or because they "hurt you", or because you think it's "justice", you can verbally abuse other people? Aren't you showing your hypocrisy?

    Isn't that far worse than cheating games? Cheating games doesn't cause suicide; verbal abuse does. How many lives have you hurt by letting your emotions get the better of you?

    If you're going to get angry at the thread creator for trying to justify breaking rules, you had better check to make sure you aren't trying to justify yourself doing the exact same thing. "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" - Matthew 7:3

    Criticizing and calling him out for his BS isn't harassment or abuse. Stop trying to justify his victimhood narrative.
    Sherri
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited October 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    AK712 wrote: »
    Okay, two huge issues here.

    First, for the thread creator:

    You cannot justify doing something wrong just because it is easier, more convenient, or makes you feel better. We have laws in the real world for a reason - to keep people from harming themselves or others. This is physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, etc. This also applies to video games - video games are still real life. You do not "leave" real life just because you're in front of a computer/TV. Right and wrong do not disappear. Rules and regulations are put into games for the same reason they're put into life. Trying to give reasons to break them doesn't work because it ignores the consequences of your actions on other people.

    Secondly, for those replying to the thread:

    Are you doing the same thing he is?

    Are you giving "reasons" for why you can break forum/game rules by harassing other people? Because you don't like them, or because they "hurt you", or because you think it's "justice", you can verbally abuse other people? Aren't you showing your hypocrisy?

    Isn't that far worse than cheating games? Cheating games doesn't cause suicide; verbal abuse does. How many lives have you hurt by letting your emotions get the better of you?

    If you're going to get angry at the thread creator for trying to justify breaking rules, you had better check to make sure you aren't trying to justify yourself doing the exact same thing. "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" - Matthew 7:3

    Criticizing and calling him out for his BS isn't harassment or abuse. Stop trying to justify his victimhood narrative.

    Not to mention, try not to get religious on an open forum.
    Sherri
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    Posts: 344
    Member
    edited October 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    AK712 wrote: »
    Okay, two huge issues here.

    First, for the thread creator:

    You cannot justify doing something wrong just because it is easier, more convenient, or makes you feel better. We have laws in the real world for a reason - to keep people from harming themselves or others. This is physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, etc. This also applies to video games - video games are still real life. You do not "leave" real life just because you're in front of a computer/TV. Right and wrong do not disappear. Rules and regulations are put into games for the same reason they're put into life. Trying to give reasons to break them doesn't work because it ignores the consequences of your actions on other people.

    Secondly, for those replying to the thread:

    Are you doing the same thing he is?

    Are you giving "reasons" for why you can break forum/game rules by harassing other people? Because you don't like them, or because they "hurt you", or because you think it's "justice", you can verbally abuse other people? Aren't you showing your hypocrisy?

    Isn't that far worse than cheating games? Cheating games doesn't cause suicide; verbal abuse does. How many lives have you hurt by letting your emotions get the better of you?

    If you're going to get angry at the thread creator for trying to justify breaking rules, you had better check to make sure you aren't trying to justify yourself doing the exact same thing. "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" - Matthew 7:3

    Criticizing and calling him out for his BS isn't harassment or abuse. Stop trying to justify his victimhood narrative.

    Not to mention, try not to get religious on an open forum.

    Ugh, yeah, religion. Not all of us are christians, dude. Don't be spouting your holy book at everyone, we don't all follow it. Also, calling out a cheater isn't breaking the rules. We're not harassing him, we're telling him our opinion. Our opinion being that filthy cheaters are filthy. I seriously doubt he's going to kill himself over this.
    Sherri
  • Cartoondude135Cartoondude135
    Reactions: 640
    Posts: 54
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Sparklee wrote: »

    Okay allow me to make this clearer for you... Nexon announce when they're going to do an unscheduled server maintenance in-game with the text being scrolled at the top of the screen. So please don't use that as an excuse, when Nexon announce when the maintenance happens.
    As for LTQ and being so close to completion, again..... It's a game. Yes it sucks if you disconnect, and have to start over, BUT that does not justify cheating.
    I assume, depending on the severity of the problems caused with numerous unscheduled maintenance, Nexon then chooses to extend events due to times missed.

    But honestly, all from what you've said, you cannot justify cheating on a game where the game makers don't allow it ! :/

    Ok, maybe I was referring to something else in that sentence, because I didn't have time to process that thought properly.
    Catooolooo wrote: »

    You also seem to think there is an "end", "Completing" or a "Winning the game" in an MMO, which is generally not the case in MMO's, which are online games that are constantly updated with content.

    It sounds, to me, that MMO's are not your type of game and you would be better off playing standard, single player games that you can Complete and cheat at anytime.

    I strongly insist you do not pursue any more MMO's if you want the world to revolve around you and your problems.

    You might be right. :/ Like I said, MapleStory was fun at first. But as time went on, I began to realise, little by little, that this game is growing a bit more complicated than what I originally thought. What with multiple characters on my account that each need to complete a quest separately to access certain areas (EG, Gollux Boss queue map). They also have separate fatigue metres for harvesting that reset 20 points every hour. Worse is that the profession gauge (Alchemy, Smithing, Accessory Crafting) for each character degrades overtime if nothing is crafted within a certain period of time. And like before, EVERY... MILLISECOND ...COUNTS. Who knows when my modem will act up again? Who knows when the next lightening storm will cut the power to my computer? Especially in a critical moment of completing a quest that's part of an LTQ? And I doubt Nexon will compensate for the quest that I was unable to click the completed button due to my "modem going on the fritz" or "my computer dies because lightening cut the power".

    Speaking of computer, I have two computers sitting beside each other! Why can't I log on to MS and play as 2 characters at a time? That way, I can multi task. My Zero Mule can train to get EXP on one computer, while my Mechanic Main farms mesos on the other computer. And this will save alot more time and alleviate a ton of strain on my workforce.

    And I'm pretty sure you all had to put up with this: "Listen mom, I know it's breakfast, lunch, dinner, bed time, time to pay taxes, time to refuel the car, feed the pet, etc., BUT I CAN'T PAUSE AN ONLINE GAME!!!!!" I had to put up with that for 3 years straight while playing MapleStory. I had to stall her very VERY hard to buy some extra time to finish completing a situation in MS.

    Also, have you ever heard the phrase "Trying doesn't matter if you always fail"? Yeah, no matter how many boss killing videos I watched on how to kill this boss with a certain class, I just can't put a dent in them! Plus, killing extreme difficulty bosses (Hell Gollux, Hard Magnus, CRA bosses, etc.) is the only way to get the expert level equips (Tyrant Gear, Superior Gollux Gear, etc) without paying real money for the Marvel or giving up 9.9b mesos for Tyrants/Super Gollux gear. I tried all the tactics I learned from the videos with each class used to kill the boss, but it didn't do anything! The cubes I bought with the reward points and used during Miracle Time had no effect in getting a Legendary potential. So, I was forced to use what I currently had. Worse is that I seemed to be failing more than succeeding at star forcing equips. So thats another way I lost a ton of mesos.

    If you watch this, you'll see a huge list of reasons people cheat in Payday 2 (even though it isn't an MMO game). Go to 7:36 to hear his real life reasons.

    My reason why I would ever cheat in MapleStory is reason 16 and 26 in the video. After some time, the game is too grindy, and yep, I'm bored sitting by my computer. Of course, I could just set the skill key setting by setting the space bar as an attack skill key, then jam it in place with the handle of a glass beer cup. Then, with my pet's meso/drop magnet, the pet will pick up mesos and monster drops for me. But then, I'd be blocked for the hack reason. With me controlling the character, my brain is only focused on one thing: farming mesos. But then, I could just call in someone (a human friend) to play MapleStory and farm the mesos for me. How could that be wrong?

    So before I first began playing MapleStory, I decided to look at the YouTube videos of it first to see what I'm dealing with. While I was browsing, I stumbled upon a video that showed a player was banned. So I watched it and this stirred up my curiosity about this game. This player was banned (permanently) for putting his YT channel in the chat. So I decided to look at other "MapleStory banned" videos. The reasons were stunning (and variable). Another was banned for misconduct. But soon, I came across a video titled "I was banned from _____MS (MapleStory Private Server)". I have seen the word "server" several times when certain websites I try to browse don't open because "the server stopped responding". But I never really knew what the word "server" meant. And this server is referring to MMO world. So I decided to play it safe and join MapleStory via the official website, because I had no idea at the time what a "private server" really was.

    It was not until 3 years later that I finally decided to retire from the official MapleStory game and decided to join a private server (even though I knew it might get me in trouble). It was there I finally got my education on what "server" means in the MMO community. You know Scania, Bellocan, Galicia, Arcania, Renegades, ETC? These servers kind of act like Chat Rooms from the old days of computer technology. I finally learned that a private server acts like a sort of privately owned chat room. And that was when I realised I could've played MapleStory much more casually and had better grades on my school exams back in high school.

    But even still, private server sites still forbid cheating. However, I learned they do serve the same purpose as a jailbreak for iOS; which is allow the user more freedom to the game without having to go through the restrictions imposed by the software manufacturer.

    But anyways, I think I am going to stick to games like Candy Crush, Tiny Tower, Plants vs Zombies, etc. Because games like MapleStory pushed my dexterity beyond its breaking point.

  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    Posts: 1,213
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Sparklee wrote: »

    Okay allow me to make this clearer for you... Nexon announce when they're going to do an unscheduled server maintenance in-game with the text being scrolled at the top of the screen. So please don't use that as an excuse, when Nexon announce when the maintenance happens.
    As for LTQ and being so close to completion, again..... It's a game. Yes it sucks if you disconnect, and have to start over, BUT that does not justify cheating.
    I assume, depending on the severity of the problems caused with numerous unscheduled maintenance, Nexon then chooses to extend events due to times missed.

    But honestly, all from what you've said, you cannot justify cheating on a game where the game makers don't allow it ! :/

    Ok, maybe I was referring to something else in that sentence, because I didn't have time to process that thought properly.
    Catooolooo wrote: »

    You also seem to think there is an "end", "Completing" or a "Winning the game" in an MMO, which is generally not the case in MMO's, which are online games that are constantly updated with content.

    It sounds, to me, that MMO's are not your type of game and you would be better off playing standard, single player games that you can Complete and cheat at anytime.

    I strongly insist you do not pursue any more MMO's if you want the world to revolve around you and your problems.

    You might be right. :/ Like I said, MapleStory was fun at first. But as time went on, I began to realise, little by little, that this game is growing a bit more complicated than what I originally thought. What with multiple characters on my account that each need to complete a quest separately to access certain areas (EG, Gollux Boss queue map). They also have separate fatigue metres for harvesting that reset 20 points every hour. Worse is that the profession gauge (Alchemy, Smithing, Accessory Crafting) for each character degrades overtime if nothing is crafted within a certain period of time. And like before, EVERY... MILLISECOND ...COUNTS. Who knows when my modem will act up again? Who knows when the next lightening storm will cut the power to my computer? Especially in a critical moment of completing a quest that's part of an LTQ? And I doubt Nexon will compensate for the quest that I was unable to click the completed button due to my "modem going on the fritz" or "my computer dies because lightening cut the power".

    Speaking of computer, I have two computers sitting beside each other! Why can't I log on to MS and play as 2 characters at a time? That way, I can multi task. My Zero Mule can train to get EXP on one computer, while my Mechanic Main farms mesos on the other computer. And this will save alot more time and alleviate a ton of strain on my workforce.

    And I'm pretty sure you all had to put up with this: "Listen mom, I know it's breakfast, lunch, dinner, bed time, time to pay taxes, time to refuel the car, feed the pet, etc., BUT I CAN'T PAUSE AN ONLINE GAME!!!!!" I had to put up with that for 3 years straight while playing MapleStory. I had to stall her very VERY hard to buy some extra time to finish completing a situation in MS.

    Also, have you ever heard the phrase "Trying doesn't matter if you always fail"? Yeah, no matter how many boss killing videos I watched on how to kill this boss with a certain class, I just can't put a dent in them! Plus, killing extreme difficulty bosses (Hell Gollux, Hard Magnus, CRA bosses, etc.) is the only way to get the expert level equips (Tyrant Gear, Superior Gollux Gear, etc) without paying real money for the Marvel or giving up 9.9b mesos for Tyrants/Super Gollux gear. I tried all the tactics I learned from the videos with each class used to kill the boss, but it didn't do anything! The cubes I bought with the reward points and used during Miracle Time had no effect in getting a Legendary potential. So, I was forced to use what I currently had. Worse is that I seemed to be failing more than succeeding at star forcing equips. So thats another way I lost a ton of mesos.

    If you watch this, you'll see a huge list of reasons people cheat in Payday 2 (even though it isn't an MMO game). Go to 7:36 to hear his real life reasons.

    My reason why I would ever cheat in MapleStory is reason 16 and 26 in the video. After some time, the game is too grindy, and yep, I'm bored sitting by my computer. Of course, I could just set the skill key setting by setting the space bar as an attack skill key, then jam it in place with the handle of a glass beer cup. Then, with my pet's meso/drop magnet, the pet will pick up mesos and monster drops for me. But then, I'd be blocked for the hack reason. With me controlling the character, my brain is only focused on one thing: farming mesos. But then, I could just call in someone (a human friend) to play MapleStory and farm the mesos for me. How could that be wrong?

    So before I first began playing MapleStory, I decided to look at the YouTube videos of it first to see what I'm dealing with. While I was browsing, I stumbled upon a video that showed a player was banned. So I watched it and this stirred up my curiosity about this game. This player was banned (permanently) for putting his YT channel in the chat. So I decided to look at other "MapleStory banned" videos. The reasons were stunning (and variable). Another was banned for misconduct. But soon, I came across a video titled "I was banned from _____MS (MapleStory Private Server)". I have seen the word "server" several times when certain websites I try to browse don't open because "the server stopped responding". But I never really knew what the word "server" meant. And this server is referring to MMO world. So I decided to play it safe and join MapleStory via the official website, because I had no idea at the time what a "private server" really was.

    It was not until 3 years later that I finally decided to retire from the official MapleStory game and decided to join a private server (even though I knew it might get me in trouble). It was there I finally got my education on what "server" means in the MMO community. You know Scania, Bellocan, Galicia, Arcania, Renegades, ETC? These servers kind of act like Chat Rooms from the old days of computer technology. I finally learned that a private server acts like a sort of privately owned chat room. And that was when I realised I could've played MapleStory much more casually and had better grades on my school exams back in high school.

    But even still, private server sites still forbid cheating. However, I learned they do serve the same purpose as a jailbreak for iOS; which is allow the user more freedom to the game without having to go through the restrictions imposed by the software manufacturer.

    But anyways, I think I am going to stick to games like Candy Crush, Tiny Tower, Plants vs Zombies, etc. Because games like MapleStory pushed my dexterity beyond its breaking point.

    Cheating in an offline game is fine because it doent ruin the other players fun with your cheating, Cheating in online games just ruins the online game for everyone else when you do. like if I was playing overwatch, and some guy was shooting through the walls just because "they wanted easy kills" and "didnt want to sink the time in to actually playing the game good" (something that happens in many online shooters after a while) it kills the fun. There is no good reason to cheat in an MMO or online game honestly.

    it seems you are completely new to the experience of playing an online game like an MMO which allows you and requires you to interact with others and also have strict anti-cheating policies (or atleast more strict than playing single player offline games). I think your best option is to not play any MMO because it doesn't seem like you can handle not getting everything at every opportune moment and want to get to " the end" at an accelerated pace.

    maple is grindy because that is part of the game and also part of the point of the game (and the RPG genre actually), if you can't handle that, then online RPG's certainly are not for you.
    Sherri
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    Posts: 576
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Worse is that the profession gauge (Alchemy, Smithing, Accessory Crafting) for each character degrades overtime if nothing is crafted within a certain period of time. And like before, EVERY... MILLISECOND ...COUNTS.

    It was not until 3 years later that I finally decided to retire from the official MapleStory game and decided to join a private server (even though I knew it might get me in trouble). It was there I finally got my education on what "server" means in the MMO community. You know Scania, Bellocan, Galicia, Arcania, Renegades, ETC? These servers kind of act like Chat Rooms from the old days of computer technology. I finally learned that a private server acts like a sort of privately owned chat room. And that was when I realised I could've played MapleStory much more casually and had better grades on my school exams back in high school.

    I'll agree with you on the profession gauge, I've never gotten past level 10 because of it depleting over time.

    ... What? You've been playing in a private server? Most likely one with vastly increased exp and drop rate? And you're still complaining about all of this? *Sigh* It's a moot point at this point, since it doesn't seem like you're too interested in MMO's anymore. But there's one more thing: You need to stop blaming your real life problems on games. I'll say this clearly: It is not Maplestory's fault that you got bad grades in high school. The sooner you stop blaming games for your problems, the better.
    Catooolooo
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    Posts: 344
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Worse is that the profession gauge (Alchemy, Smithing, Accessory Crafting) for each character degrades overtime if nothing is crafted within a certain period of time. And like before, EVERY... MILLISECOND ...COUNTS.

    It was not until 3 years later that I finally decided to retire from the official MapleStory game and decided to join a private server (even though I knew it might get me in trouble). It was there I finally got my education on what "server" means in the MMO community. You know Scania, Bellocan, Galicia, Arcania, Renegades, ETC? These servers kind of act like Chat Rooms from the old days of computer technology. I finally learned that a private server acts like a sort of privately owned chat room. And that was when I realised I could've played MapleStory much more casually and had better grades on my school exams back in high school.

    I'll agree with you on the profession gauge, I've never gotten past level 10 because of it depleting over time.

    ... What? You've been playing in a private server? Most likely one with vastly increased exp and drop rate? And you're still complaining about all of this? *Sigh* It's a moot point at this point, since it doesn't seem like you're too interested in MMO's anymore. But there's one more thing: You need to stop blaming your real life problems on games. I'll say this clearly: It is not Maplestory's fault that you got bad grades in high school. The sooner you stop blaming games for your problems, the better.

    Wait, this guy was playing on a PRIVATE server and he came here to complain about it being too hard? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Sorry, I just, what even is this?
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    Posts: 381
    Member
    edited October 2017
    The argument that people cheat because the game is too difficult is garbage. People will cheat no matter what. Although nexon has a responsibility to set a feasible end game for players to achieve (which they've done with BB update etc), they simply cannot account for each individual's circumstances. If you have other priorities, this game isn't for you.
    Sherri
  • DarkRoosterDarkRooster
    Reactions: 310
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited October 2017
    You have to learn to admit plenty things to yourself. I think that is core of your problems, that will help you see the life like it is, not what you force it to be.

    Your thinking is such a salad mix as psychologists would say. Take a step back from everything, assume that everything you know about life and everything might be wrong and build from there without suffering, emotions and all the ingredients for salad. How do you ever know if you are right if you don't assume you could be completely wrong every time ? And this is not just for op but meant for everyone, if you don't challenger your views and let them be challenged, you will stick to one false perception your whole life.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    Posts: 576
    Member
    edited October 2017
    You have to learn to admit plenty things to yourself. I think that is core of your problems, that will help you see the life like it is, not what you force it to be.

    Your thinking is such a salad mix as psychologists would say. Take a step back from everything, assume that everything you know about life and everything might be wrong and build from there without suffering, emotions and all the ingredients for salad. How do you ever know if you are right if you don't assume you could be completely wrong every time ? And this is not just for op but meant for everyone, if you don't challenger your views and let them be challenged, you will stick to one false perception your whole life.

    While it's something that would be good to keep in mind, I'm not sure it applies to something like breaking the rules/cheating. I mean, sure I could humor the thought that cheating in online games is warranted for how long it takes to get things done, but that in and of itself is what makes up MMO RPG's. I feel like there's plenty of other games that you could cheat on with no repercussions, but in the circumstance with online games, cheating affects others as well.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Reactions: 1,370
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited October 2017
    This thread wouldn't be half as meaningful if modding were not against the rules. You're only upset with each other because it is. That's the blunt truth. If this were WildStar or Minecraft, you'd be competing with each other over who made the best new mod, but that's not to say I support modding here at MapleStory and only to imply there's no actual crime in doing so in places where it is permitted. ~ You "knowingly" agreed when you registered to play this game that these things are forbidden.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    This thread wouldn't be half as meaningful if modding were not against the rules. You're only upset with each other because it is. That's the blunt truth. If this were WildStar or Minecraft, you'd be competing with each other over who made the best new mod, but that's not to say I support modding here at MapleStory and only to imply there's no actual crime in doing so in places where it is permitted. ~ You "knowingly" agreed when you registered to play this game that these things are forbidden.

    implying we play wildstar ( no idea what that is) and minecraft ( game looks boring)
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Reactions: 1,370
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    This thread wouldn't be half as meaningful if modding were not against the rules. You're only upset with each other because it is. That's the blunt truth. If this were WildStar or Minecraft, you'd be competing with each other over who made the best new mod, but that's not to say I support modding here at MapleStory and only to imply there's no actual crime in doing so in places where it is permitted. ~ You "knowingly" agreed when you registered to play this game that these things are forbidden.

    implying we play wildstar ( no idea what that is) and minecraft ( game looks boring)
    I'm not implying we play anything. The fact remains, the negativity would be null and void if it were allowed (many games do allow certain forms of modding; not hacking; there truly is a difference), and the likes of you who are up in arms the most would be willing participants of hypocrisy. (up down up down left right left) :smirk:

  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    Posts: 576
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    This thread wouldn't be half as meaningful if modding were not against the rules. You're only upset with each other because it is. That's the blunt truth. If this were WildStar or Minecraft, you'd be competing with each other over who made the best new mod, but that's not to say I support modding here at MapleStory and only to imply there's no actual crime in doing so in places where it is permitted. ~ You "knowingly" agreed when you registered to play this game that these things are forbidden.

    I don't see the point of this hypothetical post, it doesn't add anything to the discussion. Especially since I've never heard of a modded online game outside of private servers. I didn't think the issue was modding in the first place, it was hacking or other forms of cheating being excused by not having enough time. What is it with this thread and people putting words in others mouths. Gosh dang it's stupid. Let me speak for myself!
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Reactions: 1,370
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    This thread wouldn't be half as meaningful if modding were not against the rules. You're only upset with each other because it is. That's the blunt truth. If this were WildStar or Minecraft, you'd be competing with each other over who made the best new mod, but that's not to say I support modding here at MapleStory and only to imply there's no actual crime in doing so in places where it is permitted. ~ You "knowingly" agreed when you registered to play this game that these things are forbidden.

    I don't see the point of this hypothetical post, it doesn't add anything to the discussion. Especially since I've never heard of a modded online game outside of private servers. I didn't think the issue was modding in the first place, it was hacking or other forms of cheating being excused by not having enough time. What is it with this thread and people putting words in others mouths. Gosh dang it's stupid. Let me speak for myself!
    I named two very popular online games that allow modding. I further explained my point in my post above yours. You're diving off the deep end and into the fire. All I said is no one here would be half as mad if this were a moddable game and to those who support mods, they know what they agreed to (agreed to not do ... ) when they registered. ~
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    Posts: 576
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    This thread wouldn't be half as meaningful if modding were not against the rules. You're only upset with each other because it is. That's the blunt truth. If this were WildStar or Minecraft, you'd be competing with each other over who made the best new mod, but that's not to say I support modding here at MapleStory and only to imply there's no actual crime in doing so in places where it is permitted. ~ You "knowingly" agreed when you registered to play this game that these things are forbidden.

    I don't see the point of this hypothetical post, it doesn't add anything to the discussion. Especially since I've never heard of a modded online game outside of private servers. I didn't think the issue was modding in the first place, it was hacking or other forms of cheating being excused by not having enough time. What is it with this thread and people putting words in others mouths. Gosh dang it's stupid. Let me speak for myself!
    I named two very popular online games that allow modding. I further explained my point in my post above yours. You're diving off the deep end and into the fire. All I said is no one here would be half as mad if this were a moddable game and to those who support mods, they know what they agreed to (agreed to not do ... ) when they registered. ~

    *rubs temples* Online games with mods are built around that fact, which is why I don't see why your argument is needed here. Both minecraft and wildstar (Which I had to look up) are games that were designed to meld well with mods. Maplestory isn't. Maybe I'm just not getting something, but I don't feel like your point of "If Maplestory was modable, no one here would be angry" is valid, or necessary in this thread. Maplestory would never be modable just because of what kind of game it is. You're taking a hypothetical situation, and applying it to how thing are right now, which isn't making any sense.
  • dowiedowie
    Reactions: 700
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Pulling the 'I'm too busy to actually play because of real life" card will never work for cheating.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Reactions: 1,370
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    This thread wouldn't be half as meaningful if modding were not against the rules. You're only upset with each other because it is. That's the blunt truth. If this were WildStar or Minecraft, you'd be competing with each other over who made the best new mod, but that's not to say I support modding here at MapleStory and only to imply there's no actual crime in doing so in places where it is permitted. ~ You "knowingly" agreed when you registered to play this game that these things are forbidden.

    I don't see the point of this hypothetical post, it doesn't add anything to the discussion. Especially since I've never heard of a modded online game outside of private servers. I didn't think the issue was modding in the first place, it was hacking or other forms of cheating being excused by not having enough time. What is it with this thread and people putting words in others mouths. Gosh dang it's stupid. Let me speak for myself!
    I named two very popular online games that allow modding. I further explained my point in my post above yours. You're diving off the deep end and into the fire. All I said is no one here would be half as mad if this were a moddable game and to those who support mods, they know what they agreed to (agreed to not do ... ) when they registered. ~

    *rubs temples* Online games with mods are built around that fact, which is why I don't see why your argument is needed here. Both minecraft and wildstar (Which I had to look up) are games that were designed to meld well with mods. Maplestory isn't. Maybe I'm just not getting something, but I don't feel like your point of "If Maplestory was modable, no one here would be angry" is valid, or necessary in this thread. Maplestory would never be modable just because of what kind of game it is. You're taking a hypothetical situation, and applying it to how thing are right now, which isn't making any sense.
    What is the name and purpose of this particular sub-forum? I clearly asserted the difference you're babbling about, if you bother to read what I said. If this was (as opposed to was not) a game where mods were permitted; the same people moaning about how criminal they are would be participants. I also said, those who are upset because they can't use mods knew full well what they entered into when they registered their account. Don't patronize me.



  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    Posts: 576
    Member
    edited October 2017
    I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree, because I don't think either of us are understanding what the other is trying to say. Fun debate though.
    Hardmuscle