[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

To those who believe Nexon's "long term"

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    Envo wrote: »
    Arwoo wrote: »
    As I've said before, the skepticism is much justified and for more reasons than the examples you've given.

What about monitoring Hard Lucid? 25 Star Enhancements and Flames? We haven't forgotten the claims that the content would be impossible for GMS without the addition of 25 Stars and Flames. Sure, it has been cleared already by a number of Maplers after Arcana and the increase to AF, but is it where we want it to be? Should hard Lucid only be cleared by the less than 1% population?

What about monitoring world population? Ever since the World Leap event, there were many concerns of low population worlds due to many Maplers moving to Bera. Is anything being done to address those who weren't able to leap due to bugs or issues in addition to the wider issue?

What about monitoring Kanna and other class balance? Ever since the changes to Haku's Blessing and even to Kishin, the class was reported by the community to be weak. Are there plans to address Kishin or make improvements to Kanna's current state?

What about monitoring the drop rate changes? Is anything being done to address the reports of low rates on acquiring symbols and droplets? What about Nebulites? Are there plans to make these more accessible? Not through events, but through pure in-game content.

What about the boss changes and KMS maps no longer being effective? What are these long term changes and will you truly make such changes to improve the meso income in Reboot?

Despite the justifiable skepticism, it's not a lie when we say that these issues aren't being forgotten.
    Although this very message is the source of community frustrations, we're going to keep up our persistence to communicate these issues to you and the game teams.

Arwoo, first I just want to say... I hate how much of this backlash is being directed towards you, because I understand the position you're in amidst this current situation. So for that, I'm sorry - please hang in there.

Second, it DOES seem like you understand the game and several of the key problems with it. But like a lot of us have been saying, actions do speak louder than words. If you have the power to do so, please at least forward the fixes of some minor issues (ones that wouldn't take months to deliberate and implement, such as fixing Party Quests such as Crimsonwood Keep, etc.) to the development and decision making teams, just as a show of good faith towards the player base. It would curb the animosity that the players feel towards Nexon America at the moment, which would lead to more constructive criticism rather than venom and insults... do you think that would be possible?

arwoo is one of the few maple employees that plays the game
    Lilyflower
  • dowiedowie
    Reactions: 700
    edited December 2017
    Well yes if only the 1% of the population shells in the cash for it then Hard Lucid will only be cleared by that 1% and probably will be fine since it's an end game tier boss that only the rich will have fun with.
  • SafetDKSafetDK
    Reactions: 345
    edited December 2017
    As I've said before, the skepticism is much justified and for more reasons than the examples you've given.

What about monitoring Hard Lucid? 25 Star Enhancements and Flames? We haven't forgotten the claims that the content would be impossible for GMS without the addition of 25 Stars and Flames. Sure, it has been cleared already by a number of Maplers after Arcana and the increase to AF, but is it where we want it to be? Should hard Lucid only be cleared by the less than 1% population?

What about monitoring world population? Ever since the World Leap event, there were many concerns of low population worlds due to many Maplers moving to Bera. Is anything being done to address those who weren't able to leap due to bugs or issues in addition to the wider issue?

What about monitoring Kanna and other class balance? Ever since the changes to Haku's Blessing and even to Kishin, the class was reported by the community to be weak. Are there plans to address Kishin or make improvements to Kanna's current state?

What about monitoring the drop rate changes? Is anything being done to address the reports of low rates on acquiring symbols and droplets? What about Nebulites? Are there plans to make these more accessible? Not through events, but through pure in-game content.

What about the boss changes and KMS maps no longer being effective? What are these long term changes and will you truly make such changes to improve the meso income in Reboot?

Despite the justifiable skepticism, it's not a lie when we say that these issues aren't being forgotten.
    Although this very message is the source of community frustrations, we're going to keep up our persistence to communicate these issues to you and the game teams.

Arwoo, first I just want to say... I hate how much of this backlash is being directed towards you, because I understand the position you're in amidst this current situation. So for that, I'm sorry - please hang in there.

Second, it DOES seem like you understand the game and several of the key problems with it. But like a lot of us have been saying, actions do speak louder than words. If you have the power to do so, please at least forward the fixes of some minor issues (ones that wouldn't take months to deliberate and implement, such as fixing Party Quests such as Crimsonwood Keep, etc.) to the development and decision making teams, just as a show of good faith towards the player base. It would curb the animosity that the players feel towards Nexon America at the moment, which would lead to more constructive criticism rather than venom and insults... do you think that would be possible?

Yea. Thats why he should understand people from reboot complaining about the meso nerf. And listen to us and our ideas. As it is now, it sounds more like we maplers are considering ideas with ourselves without God Nexon hearing us. Well i bet they do but they are doing bbq instead. The more time they waste to bring back some update om mesos, the more our patience be gone. To not mention how much "**** -on " we Feel.

If you check youtube and the videos of mesos nerf and the comments - put those "i quit" together and those "refusing to log in untill they fix the nerf " and see how big of an actual playerbase are affected by this. How many people you potentially will lose due to this unbelieveable nerf. If nexon wants to keep atleast a big amount of those people, you would need to work day and night to come up with a solution ASAP. before its toooooo late.

Looking forward for an update soon.
  • SnowieeSnowiee
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited December 2017
    Arwoo: We will forward your concerns to our internal team.
    darikLilyflowerMainlyUseless
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2017
    Just gona say, most of the hate shouldn't be on Arwoo, but the Producer.

the producer, aka Savage Ace wrote that memo, not arwoo.
    He is also Arwoos direct boss.
    SafetDK wrote: »

Yea. Thats why he should understand people from reboot complaining about the meso nerf. And listen to us and our ideas. As it is now, it sounds more like we maplers are considering ideas with ourselves without God Nexon hearing us. Well i bet they do but they are doing bbq instead. The more time they waste to bring back some update om mesos, the more our patience be gone. To not mention how much "**** -on " we Feel.

If you check youtube and the videos of mesos nerf and the comments - put those "i quit" together and those "refusing to log in untill they fix the nerf " and see how big of an actual playerbase are affected by this. How many people you potentially will lose due to this unbelieveable nerf. If nexon wants to keep atleast a big amount of those people, you would need to work day and night to come up with a solution ASAP. before its toooooo late.

Looking forward for an update soon.
    remember that there are also people not playing due to the chance of getting auto banned for just standing around.

they don't feel "the correct course of action" for standing around and playing legit, is to be perm banned then have to deal with shitty Customer Support who will just copy paste the response of "WE checked, we had multiple Investigation. You hacked and Violated the ToU"
    SherriSafetDKRennndarikEnvoMainlyUseless
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I'm going to add a suggestion here because it's relevant and hopefully everyone will be reading this thread anyway.

Well to start. I do believe you are communicating as much as you are allowed to so the following is more of a request/suggestion/idea for nexon to open up transparency slightly. For me I would be perfectly happy with a sort of "active issues" list. It could be a simple forum post with a very short description of issues currently in consideration/discussion.

I can imagine nexon's concern might be that if they give any hint that something is being more than just discussed or even if they went as far as to say they would like to add something it will later be brought up as a PROMISE THAT WAS BROKEN!!!! This concern may even be justified but I believe sharing more information with the community could work as long as it's made very clear that nothing is final until release. This is more for the players: we have to remember that even if they want to bring/add something to the game that players want it's not always going to be possible for a variety of reasons.

Now, if we take the world population issue as an example this is an example of how such a suggestions COULD WORK:

<Relevant thread title, and stickied>

1. Issue one.
    -Date forwarded to team.
    -Short updates that are relevant to the players.
    -We're not able to add this because <short explanation> OR we are planning to add this as soon as we can but it's always possible technical limitations will cause delays or even prevent this from being done entirely.

2. World alliance/merges for low population worlds.
    -Forwarded to team October ?? 2017.
    -The team has determined the following world populations are too low and are investigating solutions: MYBCKN, GRAZED, BK, Windia.
    -We are currently PLANNING (not final) to combine the following worlds:............. This is always subject to change until final.

This idea may or may not be a good fit for Nexon I don't know but I think the idea is that we're not getting enough information back from the team. At the same time I don't expect so much information that we basically become a fly on the wall in Nexon's building but I do believe it's reasonable to get a little more.

Also: Nice work fixing the time of day limitation on the raining mesos event so quickly. It's a small issues in the grand scheme but it's very helpful to me and probably others. :)
    SherriDaxterbeer
  • illruminatiillruminati
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017

1# What about monitoring Hard Lucid? 25 Star Enhancements and Flames? We haven't forgotten the claims that the content would be impossible for GMS without the addition of 25 Stars and Flames. Sure, it has been cleared already by a number of Maplers after Arcana and the increase to AF, but is it where we want it to be? Should hard Lucid only be cleared by the less than 1% population?

2# What about monitoring world population? Ever since the World Leap event, there were many concerns of low population worlds due to many Maplers moving to Bera. Is anything being done to address those who weren't able to leap due to bugs or issues in addition to the wider issue?

3# What about monitoring Kanna and other class balance? Ever since the changes to Haku's Blessing and even to Kishin, the class was reported by the community to be weak. Are there plans to address Kishin or make improvements to Kanna's current state?

4# What about monitoring the drop rate changes? Is anything being done to address the reports of low rates on acquiring symbols and droplets? What about Nebulites? Are there plans to make these more accessible? Not through events, but through pure in-game content.

5# What about the boss changes and KMS maps no longer being effective? What are these long term changes and will you truly make such changes to improve the meso income in Reboot?

6# Despite the justifiable skepticism, it's not a lie when we say that these issues aren't being forgotten.

Thank you Arwoo for bringing this up!

Its unfortunate and sad that you, who seem to be closer to our level is the only person openly talking about these issues.
    I don't think anyone disagrees that you guys have added and done good things for the game.
    But as with any game, the good must outweigh the bad to be a successful game.
    And unfortunately its been more bad changes than good for a very long time.
    As a fellow player its disheartening to see the game in the state its in.
    And we keep loosing people due to the state its in.

I would like to share my opinion and information i've gathered and seen. Hence i added numbers 1-6 to what you said.

1# Adding flames at this point is a must if the interest is to keep and increase the overall playerbase.
    I would not recommend only adding 25 star enhancements.
    Reason for this is that flames benefits everyone. 25 star mainly benefits people with huge funds.
    We already have [A]Nebulites that are hard to get and mostly caters to p2p due to lack of availability.
    So a healthy change would include everyone. Not only p2p.
    Right now the gap between f2p and p2p isnt even comparable.

2# Ofcourse its an important question. But the goal should be how to increase the population. Not how to deal with current one.
    Many players that quit due to many of theese changes still have their accounts ready to play.
    All they need is a reason. Fixing the core issues would improve the playerbase over time.

3# In Kannas case its a simple fix. Return the %haku buff and make it apply to the Kanna only.
    When it went from say 300% m.att to 300 magic attack endgame, without a complete overhaul on Kanna
    skills damage % values. It isnt strange that the class got destroyed and became straight out bad.
    Kannas 5th job skill with the final damage % is still good and valuable in a party.

4# Now theres always a talk about symbols and droplets. But the reality is it completely changed the entire game.
    From personal experience let me give some numbers.
    -Full bossruns(now with the 1run boss limit) with 400% droprate for equips or 380% general. this generates me in avarage 5 master cubes on reset.
    -Avg symbols/hr with 400% drop and 2x drop generates(with kishin on map) roughly 2-3symbols outside of 2x Events. Used to be 12-15.
    -Farming blackgate gear now generates roughly 2-4 geardrops/40 bosses killed, used to be 12+-
    -Farming the 3 30day totems in far east is out of the question.
    -The list goes on and on..
    What im trying to get at is that this game is about grinding and farming. This should never have been changed.
    And the population massively started dropping when this change was done.
    Fotnote: My accessories is what gives me 300% drop, Winter drop consum +100%

5# I am assuming that to some degree this wasnt intended. Happy to hear its up in debate.

6# Thank you for engaging with the community. If it wasnt for you, id say we wouldnt have anyone to talk to.
    A generic memo from savage ace (no offence) isnt at our level (the players) . Wouldve been nice if he talked about theese issues instead of you.
    Thats just my thoughts. Stay awesome as always.
    SherriVenrousdarikSunsetChaosCaughtByLovePari
  • MisterKrekelMisterKrekel
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited December 2017
    Remember the Community Survey?
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11643/maplestory-community-survey-my-responses
    The one in which everyone basically wanted to see more transparency and updates on concerns/bug fixes.

Well, not much has changed since then.
    Nexon still doesn't communicate well enough with their players.
    We still don't see wanted changes implemented in game.
    Even worse, new changes that the community clearly don't want and are being expressed upon in advance are still being added to the game. (I'd like to add the anti-afk mobs to Arwoo's list as well).

It is time we see actions and changes from Nexon.
    No more "we will forward your concerns and discuss them internally".
    ManiOhdarikillruminatiLilyflowerSafetDKCaughtByLoveMainlyUselessPari
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited December 2017
    I'm going to cut to the chase here and risk being banned from the forum. It's a dying game. There's not many new users coming to Maplestory so why make lots of changes to global that cost a lot of money and time? When enough of the whale players finally move on or spend themselves into the poor house: it's over. I've known this truth since the game became pay to win years ago and everything in the CS is so wildly overpriced. It's a game that is clearly on the rapid decline as far as people playing it so they are going to use the most cost effective measures to get what money they can before it stops becoming a game you can play all over the world and just reverts to an offering in Asian countries only.
    LilyflowerShadEightSherriSafetDK
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited December 2017
    time zone fix pls
    SherriLilyflowerPetalmagicMageOfBattlesCaughtByLovePirateIzzy
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2017
    KThxBaiNao wrote: »
    time zone fix pls

hello michael.

Boss queue change plz, arwoo.
    MainlyUseless
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    Still no word on this..? :(
    I'm impatient, I know, and I apologize for that
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    Still no word on this..? :(
    I'm impatient, I know, and I apologize for that

Arwoo responded on the previous page.

If you mean, specifically about the UTC issue, it's not really the topic of the thread, as such. I only used it as an blatant example of unfulfilled promises.
    I think someone else started a new thread about the timezone issue recently, though.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited January 2018
    Remember the Community Survey?
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11643/maplestory-community-survey-my-responses
    The one in which everyone basically wanted to see more transparency and updates on concerns/bug fixes.

Well, not much has changed since then.
    Nexon still doesn't communicate well enough with their players. .

They actually did add transparency, they put in a window to the meeting room so that you can see them from the hall... it's not their fault that you can't find the time to walk up and watch them eat bagels and chips. You'd hear them too if it wasn't that they soundproofed the room already.
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited January 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9684/change-server-time-back-to-pst/p1
    On the live stream, @SavageAce said this:
    "The reason we switched our service to UTC was to standardize the time zones between our European and North American servers, and make it easier for us to plan out event times and such. Now, we do realize it did cause previous events, previous reset times, to be a little bit inconvenient, so we are looking into that. Future events like 2x, spell trace fever, we've already adjusted the times a little bit, to account for UTC and the different players playing all around the world. But we do want to make it convenient for, not just people in North America, or Europe, specifically, but all of our players all around the world."

This is from January 4, 2017
    It's been 11 months.
    Kritias Invasions and Flag Races still don't run at convenient times for Americans.
    Orchid's phone calling must still be done for 30 days in a row at a time of day that maintenances often overlap, in addition to being in the middle of the school or work day for Americans.
    The upcoming Bingo event is still going to run only 14 consecutive hours a day, so people in some parts of the world will have far less availability than others.

And these are really easy changes. How much "thorough discussion and plan" is necessary before you can reschedule some content? More than 11 months' worth, apparently.

So how long do you think it will take to figure out a solution for Reboot's meso shortage?
    Longer than that, obviously.
    Also longer than it's taking to figure out a way to replace our lost Star Planet Reward Points. Star Planet was removed in October 2016. And no, 2k RP a month in Hot Weeks and Attendances do not make up for up to 1.5k a day before. They don't even make up for the lost Reward Points from the Monster Collection reward reductions - reductions that were not communicated beforehand nor commented on after the fact, of course.

So, yeah. Sorry, @Arwoo, and sorry, VFMs, but when we doubt SavageAce's memo, we have long and painful experience to justify our skepticism. Our experience clearly indicates that Nexon is very good at instantly breaking stuff, and takes way too long to undo the damage - if it ever does so at all.

As I said before and I'll say it again, it's sad but all we can do is just give up, after all, we can't control the game, it's under Nexon's control and all they do is literally nothing so giving up is the best choice.
  • PipzyPipzy
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2018
    Crap...well is now a bad time to start this game, then? I kinda wanted to try it out (haha). *scared away*
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited January 2018
    They say they're "looking into it" or "investigating it."
    They say their "team is working to fix the issue and make MS better."
    They say they're "hearing the community and haven't forgotten about the issues".

Yet for months, they haven't been able to solve problems that the community has been screaming for.
    But boiiii here comes another event~ go hunt monsters for 24 hours you stupid children.

At this point I just want the NX to just say that they don't care about the game or the community. Just any kind of honesty from them will be good at the moment.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2018
    Pipzy wrote: »
    Crap...well is now a bad time to start this game, then? I kinda wanted to try it out (haha). *scared away*

No, join us noob, join us in our misery :3