[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[UPDATE NOTES] v177 Strange Stories

Comments

• bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited October 2016
    It's aggraphine. I've not seen one reply on any of these forums that isn't rude from him. That's just who he is. I hope you get well soon and I hope Maplestory comes back up soon with no issues. I am wanting to play too. :)
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

Aggraphine

Tuba
    Tuba said:

Where do I make suggestions, because I think it's so dumb that they have been doing maintenance's like these in the middle of the day, when you have the highest volume of players online... Literally who thought doing the maintenance at this time was a good idea?
    They assume that most of their players are in school or at work. Would you rather they did it in the evening when people are getting home from work or school and want to jump on and play? And what if the maintenance runs over for whatever reason? Should they have to stay until 1 or 2 in the morning because you don't have anything better to do during the day?
    Very rude reply to me, but no I wouldn't rather they do it during that time either, and school has been out for almost a hour and the maintenance is extended with no ETA, so yes they should work during those hours, or change their work schedule to accommodate that one day there is a maintenance like this. And actually they didn't always have maintenance during this time of day, awhile back there were sensible people who worked here, that had their maintenance times working great. No not everyone is at school/work, and even with kids at school/ people at work there is still a higher volume of players online than at the 1 and 2 am hours of the day.
    **EDIT: Also thank you for assuming I don't have anything better to do with my time, as I am currently dealing with some pretty bad medical problems, and I'm in a sucky situation where the source of the problem hasn't been found yet, so yes it's kind of frustrating when you're at home in bed, trying to get your mind off everything going on around you, and you're not able to do something you really enjoy.
    ignore what the person above say to you not everyone is friendly in the forum.

bootlicker
  • MrsCuteMrsCute
    Reactions: 790
    edited October 2016
    I'm just sad that most of the classes are getting some sort of damage cap increases, while bowmaster's just getting semi-gimped
    OTL
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    some classes gets a nerf like evan, dawn warrior,aran.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    edited October 2016
    If could be worse... you could main Jett and not get any changes in 2 years. :p

LilyflowerYonaxIvangoldKonariBahamut_X
  • KanzonKanzon
    Reactions: 600
    edited October 2016
    bad idea to say this here but hayato and kanna voices are buggy can you guys fix it?
  • KokeeKokee
    Reactions: 660
    edited October 2016
    Liberty Boosters: Changed it so that pinpoint salvo cannot be used in flight.
    will buffing in air still work?
  • NiceAsIceNiceAsIce
    Reactions: 1,150
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    bootlicker

why would you ever do that to yourself?
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited October 2016
    i'm curious. are the wedding ring effects the ones from years ago or are they new? second, much hype for those maid androids
  • Randomcity2Randomcity2
    Reactions: 910
    edited October 2016
    umm .. .the patch notes were wrong.. . safeguarding from boom is TRIPLE the mesos cost not double aka. . .try to go from 12 > 13 maybe 13m . . try with safeguard and its 39m . . . -_-
    Konari
  • BasuraBasura
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Basura
    Basura said:

i'm so sad about star planet, with only doing the 10 daily uno games you could get pendant slot, robot stand and all cubes from rewards shop
    i know people who dont do star planet have trouble getting anything after the cubes
    also goodbye 2x exp star planet coupons, not even free 1k RP a week is going to compensate the loss of this content ;-; well.. RIP that 1% who did star planet
    please dont forget about an alternative way to get mix dye coupon =v= (not that i could get it lately with all those bots and battle exploiters filling rankings)
    And in the very same post, he wonders why star planet is going byebye.
    nice logic, you must be a very helpful person, why dont we just shut down the whole game then?
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    edited October 2016
    B
    NiceAsIce
    NiceAsIce said:

bootlicker

why would you ever do that to yourself?
    Because I like the class? I just hope with the better maple thing they start keeping it updated. :)
    Lilyflower
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited October 2016
    Most of the skill sound effects have been changed back to the Korean Maple Story ones.
    KMS sound effects are so much more better.
    Also Luminous got their gauge reverted to the KMS while Kaiser got their Dragon link reverted back to the KMS version.
  • D3v1ln00BD3v1ln00B
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    Excuse me, I'm not sure if its just me, but my game is crashing after I went into the Halloween Event area. Now my game wont even stay on for more than 10 minutes before crashing again. Is this because of the latest update ? I have no problem playing the game for hours before the recent update. Please help. I wanna continue the quest for Halloween event !! ><
  • XariappaXariappa
    Reactions: 655
    edited October 2016
    So I updated my client and tried to start it. NGS comes up, and remains up. Doesn't get any further than that. No login screen, nothing. Running on Windows 7. What is going on? Rebooted my computer. Nada. Waited 5 minutes, still nothing. Just the blue rectangle with Nexon Game Security.
  • xNihilityxNihility
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited October 2016
    My question relates to a pre patch event, maple leaf high. I tried making a new discussion but I don't have permission to post anywhere (if someone could help me with that, that would be helpful as well)...
    Anyway, did maple leaf high event end early?
    I got on today expecting to earn my last days worth of model student candy, only to find that the event seems to be over. All of this despite the event calendar listing hours left as if the event is going through the day.
    Is the event actually over? Or have I been oddly restricted from the event for the last day as a result of the patch or something?
    Anyone able to get in today?

Definitely suggest Nexon be very specific about when the event ends, I'm sitting on enough candy for an upgrade and it's gone completely to waste.
  • JubileusJubileus
    Reactions: 810
    edited October 2016
    I really hate the new range for Light Speed on Luminous, for other things i supose is a good change but Light Speed... Ohhh my Goddness T_T
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

Aggraphine

And in the very same post, he wonders why star planet is going byebye.
    Maybe Nexon could start fixing the bugs and banning abusers instead of just removing it altogether. Locking content seems to be the blanket solution for them. If it doesn't exist, then they don't have to manage it.

That said though, we have an alternative to Star Planet RP, being the Monster Collection.
    Shame about the daily EXP coupon and other rewards. I'd love to see the minigames come back in some other way if possible. Like that one summer event we had...
    Star Planet was also used for a lot of very large meso and cube exploits. The bots are not the primary reason it is being removed.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited October 2016
    DariusJQuellan

Tuba
    Tuba said:

Aggraphine

Tuba
    Tuba said:

Where do I make suggestions, because I think it's so dumb that they have been doing maintenance's like these in the middle of the day, when you have the highest volume of players online... Literally who thought doing the maintenance at this time was a good idea?
    They assume that most of their players are in school or at work. Would you rather they did it in the evening when people are getting home from work or school and want to jump on and play? And what if the maintenance runs over for whatever reason? Should they have to stay until 1 or 2 in the morning because you don't have anything better to do during the day?
    Very rude reply to me, but no I wouldn't rather they do it during that time either, and school has been out for almost a hour and the maintenance is extended with no ETA, so yes they should work during those hours, or change their work schedule to accommodate that one day there is a maintenance like this. And actually they didn't always have maintenance during this time of day, awhile back there were sensible people who worked here, that had their maintenance times working great. No not everyone is at school/work, and even with kids at school/ people at work there is still a higher volume of players online than at the 1 and 2 am hours of the day.
    **EDIT: Also thank you for assuming I don't have anything better to do with my time, as I am currently dealing with some pretty bad medical problems, and I'm in a sucky situation where the source of the problem hasn't been found yet, so yes it's kind of frustrating when you're at home in bed, trying to get your mind off everything going on around you, and you're not able to do something you really enjoy.
    Dude stop crying so hard. Did you see what time the maintenance STARTED? This isn't just a 30 minute hotfix that they're choosing to do while you have nothing else going on -- it's a day long thing. I'm an engaged man. If I had to tell my fiancee I had to start work any earlier, or run any later, than these guys are doing, I'd sooner quit my job. Relax.

@Tuba
    LOL what are you talking about, your response made no sense to anything I had said in my comment. Yes I saw what time the maintenance started. It started 8:00am for me. No one said anything about a "30 minuet hotfix", that's not my point at all lmao. Changing the time you start to do your maintenance vs. shortening your maintenance's time are 2 totally different things, and if you had basic comprehension skills you could probably figure that out. If you want to quit your job because you have to work overtime for one day out of the week or every other week, then yikes.. Good luck out there lol that's all I can say.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    KThxBaiNao

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Much better update notes than last time, but still missing details.
    If you or any other players have questions about the update, events, etc. go ahead and ask here. I'll work on getting answers for you all.

@AKradian
    What areas were made into party play areas?

Can you give us details on what was done to improve lag and performance on a broad scale?

What are the additional rewards to elite bosses and bosses?

What are the additional emblems that were added and how do you get them?

Curse filter optimized? Does this mean its working better or that it was made less restrictive?

New chat channel? For what specifically? Why did we need a new one?

What was revamped with the maple rewards items?

Were Luminous, AB, and Kaiser reverted to the way they function in KMS? And if so, why (it works better, more balanced, easier to maintain etc.....)?

Why only 1 fishing contest a week, centered around Australians? That's kind of odd.

Some things were mentioned in the Maple Memo, but not in the patch notes, were they still implemented? Specifically:

* Improve the latency issue when picking up multiple items

* Optimize the sound data and add a feature to stream in-game movies to reduce client size (was anything else optimized)

* Introduce an option to adjust transparency of yours and other player’s skill effects

* Provide additional Pill rewards to players who don’t make it to the 50th floor in Tower of Oz

* Decrease the time it takes to open the Quest log (does this mean that the problems that have been associated with the quest log in the past are fixed as well)

* Resolve various legacy issues that have persisted in the game (what legacy issues were resolved? I imagine that if you are telling us that they were resolved then you should be able to tell us what, exactly, was the issue that was resolved)