[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Says Maplestory is under maintenance?

Comments

• VimiVimi
    Reactions: 1,760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    The only notice they gave was at 9:29 EST on their Discord:

"Heyo everyone. The game will be coming down for an unscheduled maintenance. We will update with more information as it becomes available. @everyone"

Obviously it was to deal with the fact that Burning characters became completely broken and uncontrollable with no level caps after the daily reset happened
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Reactions: 865
    edited December 2017
    Makes me wonder how the game blew up this spectacularly. Did their servers go haywire or something. I was just working on my 5th job advancement. I really hope we don't get rolled back cause that would suck. Put in a lot of effort after daily reset :(
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited December 2017
    its my fault everyone. This is the first 2x in like 4 years where I actually bothered to train. I upset the balance of the universe
    VimithekenturahbootlickerShinyLyniSherriTransformingThunderMira
  • EngelesEngeles
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2017
    My 2nd day back. I didn't realize fishy things were going on...Was just leveling Cadena for Link.

Something always seems to go wrong in December...
  • xLoveLeixLoveLei
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2017
    Yeah the game is down now but still no message, just the banner.
  • BowWithEagleBowWithEagle
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    Double experience was given just 1 day this weekend(normally it is two). Yet we lost 3 Hours of 2x. What is worst is that the maintenance happened DURING the 2x event rather than 30 minutes before it. I lost my 2x EXP Cash shop coupon, 2x DROP coupon(both from Marvel) , MVP Atmonspheric exp buff, EXP pot, Monster Park EXP pot, and a 2x EXP coupon (1hr). Why would the maintenance start during the 2x event instead of before it?
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2017
    I think this was for an extreme emergency. Something glitched with the burning event. I hope they compensate properly.
  • xLelouchzxLelouchz
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2017
    Makes me wonder how the game blew up this spectacularly. Did their servers go haywire or something. I was just working on my 5th job advancement. I really hope we don't get rolled back cause that would suck. Put in a lot of effort after daily reset :(

Same here. Spent a couple hours farming.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    edited December 2017
    Well I'm sure the surge on population from people returning to try the new events and new classes hasn't helped any. I myself just came back to Maplestory after poofing for a year or two to give it another go.
    EngelesxLelouchz
  • BowWithEagleBowWithEagle
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    I think this was for an extreme emergency. Something glitched with the burning event. I hope they compensate properly.

Could've been done before 2x event though.
  • darkharoldxDdarkharoldxD
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2017
    we need compensation about this, i waste my coupon and monster park pots .... !! -_-" maintenance during 2x? ...
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    we need compensation about this, i waste my coupon and monster park pots .... !! -_-" maintenance during 2x? ...

Monster park pots? Are those the potions that give you more exp gain I keep hearing about? o:
  • TransformingThunderTransformingThunder
    Reactions: 1,620
    edited December 2017
    Sherri wrote: »

Monster park pots? Are those the potions that give you more exp gain I keep hearing about? o:

Yes monsterpark gold pots
    Sherri
  • comeprecomepre
    Reactions: 240
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    like srs nexon...my 2x coupon
  • BaydenNBaydenN
    Reactions: 660
    edited December 2017
    All y'all complaining this maint happening pre x2 like why... Its better to have it now, than after the x2 event where people can abuse it to level beyond 150 with their wrongfully burned characters. The steps to try remedy that would be way worse than missing your precious x2 event. Yes rip your exp buffs you used and purchased but they will probably take care of those and return nx spent or compensate with x2 coupons as a gift. The damage could have been way worse.
    Kingofrunes
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited December 2017
    all y'all minus jonic*

Anyways, what is this? the 4th-5th maintenance in one week or so? Oh well, might as well find something else to do in the meantime.
    BaydenN
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    edited December 2017
    I personally have no issues with the maintenance. This was a major issue that needed to be solved ASAP. There was a warning on the Discord telling people affected by the burning glitch to stop playing their character to prevent any misunderstandings of possible bug abuse in addition to submitting a ticket. I fear another ban wave is going to come with a lot of unhappy people swept up in it due to this.
    BaydenNxLelouchzMajusteaSherri
  • TransformingThunderTransformingThunder
    Reactions: 1,620
    edited December 2017
    SuperJonic wrote: »
    all y'all minus jonic*

Anyways, what is this? the 4th-5th maintenance in one week or so? Oh well, might as well find something else to do in the meantime.

Like they say a maint a day keeps the players away
    SuperJonicVimiNeonTwilightZeroBluxSherri
  • comeprecomepre
    Reactions: 240
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    bruh...the 2x
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited December 2017
    They should compensate by giving us another burning event :^)
    VimixLelouchzSherri