[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Did this patch kill Kaiser?

KyzeragonKyzeragon
Reactions: 740
edited October 2016 in General Chat
What even is this?
I've been trying to figure out Gigas for the past half hour. On the morph gauge it says Attack + Skill, so I use the normal attack (Dragon Slash) and then use my Gigas keybind, which works fine... except for the fact that I have to actually use Dragon Slash?

Testing on orange mushies, this is only spamming the skill key, so no Dragon Link:

This is with Dragon Link. Notice the orange exclamation point icon in the buffs that used to show up whenever I used the arrow keys, but now only show up if I use Dragon Slash first:

If Dragon Link isn't used, Gigas loses out on 15% final damage. If Dragon Link is used, I still lose out on damage because time is wasted on using Dragon Slash. Am I missing something or did this update just kill Kaiser's DPS?

Comments

• rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2016
    im a kaiser and if they messed kaiser up im going to rage hell
  • DashandSlashDashandSlash
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    Wow what the hell? Why did they do this?
  • 5onic5onic
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited October 2016
    This is really making me have the urge to quit the game.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Welcome to the KMS version of Kaiser
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

We do not live in a dystopic monarchy. We will not tolerate the same garbage the KMS players do. This version of Kaiser and the previous version of Kaiser need to both get together and burn in hell while a third, actually fun class to play is made to take over.
    JettLuvsULilyflower
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited October 2016
    On a thread-specific note:

Button mashing is fun when you do it on a SNES controller. N64 went beyond the "too complicated" barrier and kept going. Keyboards are worse than XBox controllers when it comes to complexity and difficulty to use well.

So I wonder why the Nexon folks or Wizet or whoever codes this game thought it was a good idea to not only make the system a nightmare to use, but to make it a joint-wrenching nightmare that will have folks replacing their hands with robotic ones (like the police hacker bots in Ghost in the Shell whose hands open up to subsets of extra fingers) just to play it? Why not just make it slightly more horrifically complex to use so we need a Brain-Computer Interface just to play it?

Or you could get rid of the Killer Instinct-style button frenzy and Capcom-esqe nightmare of combo keys to hit that require robots to pull off consistently. And you ban us if we do what your game is now pretty much forcing... using macros and hack programs just so we can manage the button combos and keep the connection from crashing server-side. At least, that's how I think folks are keeping a stable connection anymore. I'm forced to the login screen at least once every 2 hours. Sometimes it's 4 times in 20 minutes. You folks broke something pretty badly. Then with this latest patch, you broke it worse.

You need these prosthetics to play Kaiser
    BadAssRicJettLuvsUTraveler5577
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited October 2016
    Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

Catooolooo

We do not live in a dystopic monarchy. We will not tolerate the same garbage the KMS players do. This version of Kaiser and the previous version of Kaiser need to both get together and burn in hell while a third, actually fun class to play is made to take over.
    I believe it was done in preparation for the 5th job skills, as they were designed around the way the classes play in KMS (especially in luminus's case)

even KMS players wanted the non KMS versions of Kaiser and Lumi (even though their lumi had more boss ability than the non-KMS variant)
    edited October 2016
    *Sigh*, this is so disappointing. With the removal of Star Planet and now this, I guess I have another reason to stop playing again for another couple of years. Maybe stop playing entirely. :-(
  • NeonBeamNeonBeam
    Reactions: 320
    edited October 2016
    Hi
    I am a Kaiser player myself.
    After this patch [v177.1] I feel the patch has ruined Kaiser's "Dragon Link"Skill.
    At this stage I find "Dragon Link" completely USELESS and not necessary to use because you have to use Dragon Slash before you could even activate "Dragon Link".

• SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited October 2016
    Changed, not killed.
  • ArrolArrol
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

Catooolooo

I believe it was done in preparation for the 5th job skills, as they were designed around the way the classes play in KMS (especially in luminus's case)

even KMS players wanted the non KMS versions of Kaiser and Lumi (even though their lumi had more boss ability than the non-KMS variant)
    Citation needed on the KMS wanting the non-KMS version?

In my opinion, the KMS version of Lumi was much more appealing to me than the GMS version, which I barely played. Not to mention the whole forced element thing was meant to be the main point to Luminous in the first place, you had no previous control over your newfound dark powers.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited October 2016
    Arrol
    Arrol said:

Catooolooo

Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

Catooolooo

In my opinion, the KMS version of Lumi was much more appealing to me than the GMS version, which I barely played. Not to mention the whole forced element thing was meant to be the main point to Luminous in the first place, you had no previous control over your newfound dark powers.
    the general chatter around KMS when they saw the version that other regions got was the disappointment with their version, at least this is what I had read on Insoya.

I know the forced elemental change was intended as part of the core mechanic of Lumi, and ties in with the trouble controlling dark with the light, so this system makes more sense, but I also enjoyed not being forced to change when training, but I can get use to that, It's no big deal.
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    the only gud thing about this update is i got my armor back to normal ;D

• Kyle_1988Kyle_1988
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2016
    Regardless of the changes, kaiser still decent. Only class that got nerf hard would be Aran and maybe Evan.

So people threatening to quit the game, because a change to the class? - It's quite sad, yet there are so many many other classes to play and enjoy. If you don't like the changes, then move on to a different class.

Saying you going to quit the game, doesn't mean decos are going to change it back.

Yes it sucks sometimes when a class we all enjoy gets nerf or changes, but that's life. So kaiser dragon link skill is now like doing combos, big whoop.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Arrol
    Arrol said:

Catooolooo

Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

Catooolooo

It was all over some forums a couple years ago when we got kaiser and Luminous. Our system allows you to stay in light mode which makes training a whole lot easier. Their system was better at bossing, and actually incorporated the design goal of luminous by forcing you to manage both sides, however it made mobbing much more annoying for luminous's, and since mobbing is what 99% of this game is about they didn't like it
  • CptShahCptShah
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2016
    So my question is, at this point with these changes is it more viable to just place all our skills on hotkeys and not bother using the dragon link anymore outside of final form?
  • KyzeragonKyzeragon
    Reactions: 740
    edited October 2016
    riza
    Riza said:

Umm yeah... about that...
    I ended up with this :/ My final form used to be neon green highlights on black which was a good contrast. Now I look like a green slime.
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    Kyzeragon
    Kyzeragon said:

riza
    Riza said:

Umm yeah... about that...
    I ended up with this :/ My final form used to be neon green highlights on black which was a good contrast. Now I look like a green slime.
    great to see my fellow kaisers looking great ;D
  • BigDaddyDavidBigDaddyDavid
    Reactions: 715
    edited October 2016
    Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

On a thread-specific note:

You need these prosthetics to play Kaiser
    that's so disturbing
    edited October 2016
    So is it going to stay like this or will it change?
This discussion has been closed.