[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What's going on???

AlantinoAlantino
Reactions: 990
edited January 2018 in General Chat
Hiya.

I just recently got back to MapleStory after a loooooooooooong break (7 years or so).
When I logged on, I saw this.

[Removed] (I've posted here a picture showing a botter spamming like 40+ smegas non stop about his mesos sale sites, while other people beg and smega him to stop the spam, I've also censoreded their site name, etc, but of course the GM has Removed it)

Frankly, I was shocked, like, for real? nothing has changed?
  1. What's your opinion about it?39 votes
    1. I'd love to see hackers disappear one by one/most of them at once.
       87% (34 votes)
    2. I don't care, really doesn't matter to me.
       13% (5 votes)
    3. It's totally fine, leave them alone.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2017
    things have changed, now there's a chance to get banned by their auto ban system for no reason.
    It still doesn't ban those spam bot or meso farming bots, so don't worry, not too much has changed.
    ForsakenCurse
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    The forums are not the place to report players. Report them in a ticket or in-game instead.
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    edited December 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    The forums are not the place to report players. Report them in a ticket or in-game instead.

I wasn't trying to report anyone, I simply said a fact along with a proof, and a question, if really nothing has changed (I censored their site, etc), so I really don't see any problem at all.
    What you're doing right now looks like a dictatorship.
    ForsakenCurse
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2017
    Alantino wrote: »

I wasn't trying to report anyone, I simply said a fact along with a proof, and a question, if really nothing has changed (I censored their site, etc), so I really don't see any problem at all.

did you also censor the name? this forum has strict "No naming and shaming" rules which may be why it was removed, even if it's just bots and not real players.

it may be a dictatorship, but it's nexon's forums aand nexon's rules.

good luck not getting banned in-game for no reason.

Security Tip: Please do not stand around in towns or maps in game, as the auto ban system is rigged to ban anyone minding their own business, so try not to get banned. Nexon America can't use real patrolling GMs to take care of hackers.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    did you also censor the name? this forum has strict "No naming and shaming" rules which may be why it was removed, even if it's just bots and not real players.

Security Tip: Please do not stand around in towns or maps in game, as the auto ban system is rigged to ban anyone minding their own business, so try not to get banned. Nexon America can't use real patrolling GMs to take care of hackers.

What you're doing is spreading FUD. I don't care how upset you are that you got banned, don't break the rules further.
    Alantino wrote: »

We don't allow people to accuse people of hacking because it's generally toxic behavior, regardless of whether the person is actually guilty or not. You can complain about hackers, just don't give them attention by posting them to the forums or discord.
    Removing your image is not "a dictatorship". Be serious, please.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited December 2017

What you're doing is spreading FUD. I don't care how upset you are that you got banned, don't break the rules further.

it would be classified as FUD if it was false or a lie just to cause fear or panic, I'm just saying the truth. It's like the kanna ban situation which nexon was all too happy to say was not a real problem but then some weeks later, turn around and admit they caught some legit players in their failed attempt to ban hackers. The reason this is what they are turning to is cause they dont have GM's patrolling 24/7, or seemingly at all, so they give all the ban power to a robot that can malfunction and not even do the job it's made to do.

I dont care how much nexon don't want to acknowledge this issue, you can't say that what I'm saying is Fasle just to spread fear. People are still getting banned for no reason and unfortunately there is no way to prove it to VFM's like yourself unless you have the "Pleasant surprise" of experiencing it first hand yourself.
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited January 2018

it would be classified as FUD if it was false or a lie just to cause fear or panic, I'm just saying the truth. It's like the kanna ban situation which nexon was all too happy to say was not a real problem but then some weeks later, turn around and admit they caught some legit players in their failed attempt to ban hackers. The reason this is what they are turning to is cause they dont have GM's patrolling 24/7, or seemingly at all, so they give all the ban power to a robot that can malfunction and not even do the job it's made to do.

I dont care how much nexon don't want to acknowledge this issue, you can't say that what I'm saying is Fasle just to spread fear. People are still getting banned for no reason and unfortunately there is no way to prove it to VFM's like yourself unless you have the "Pleasant surprise" of experiencing it first hand yourself.

I also got banned for no reason.
    The saddest part is that, as you said above I believe, that the only ones who keep on getting banned are the legit players and yet, the hackers are completely free.

It doesn't even make any sense.
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited January 2018

I'm so sorry to hear that brother, but I think we should just give up, I mean come on, what's the point of us trying so hard? they simply don't care and that's why they won't do anything anyway, so it'd be a waste of our time. very simple.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited January 2018
    Well it's like trying to patch a dam...they keep trying new ways to patch up the holes yet every attempt just ends up hurting the towns folk below when all they need to do is not a patch job but a full on addition of new support beams,concrete,man power and communication with said town folk to keep them from rioting. Or they just like to watch a dumpster fire burn as town is slowly washed away...
  • lodwyvernlodwyvern
    Reactions: 1,960
    edited January 2018

The fundamental problem here is that there are players who aren’t lying about being banned for no actual breach of ToU/CoC. Continuing to insinuate it’s a non-issue isn’t exactly a healthy way to deal with the situation as well.

I also cringe at the fact that I have to type this disclaimer out, but this isn’t a personal attack, it’s a commentary on behavior: choosing to double/triple/[n]le down on the statement that ‘the bans that were made are justified’ is dishonest behavior when in the same breath it’s stated that those who were unjustly banned should seek help through support. It’s even more so dishonest when support is unable to adequately take care of every case.

I’m sorry to everyone else who is still currently falsely banned as I can’t vouch for everyone; but when 2 of Reboot’s most reputable and dedicated endgame players say that they’ve been wronged, something is probably up. But what’s the point when appeals to logic and facts don’t seem to matter because Nexon’s policy has been to deny deny deny until it’s time to admit fault?

There’s nothing right about a system that can permanently ban players on their “first offense” when no offense has even or ever been committed. There’s nothing right about the way Nexon has historically chosen to respond to false ban situations. In 2017 there were at least 2 isolated cases that had to result in a senior GM looking into a case that gained acute public exposure and it was found that those players were indeed innocent when support insisted otherwise. One of the larger situations, the kanna bans, was handled inadequately as the strategy to deny deny deny was employed. The Nova bans are still an ongoing issue 5+ weeks later and denial still seems to be par for the course.

I shouldn’t need to mention this, but there’s nothing right about me being able to spend my own money on NX and later the same day get banned without explanation or ability to be helped by support just because NGS flagged something incorrectly. It’s not right that some people who admit to having broken ToU/CoC are given their accounts back after actually being properly caught. Worst of all, specifically on the Reboot server, is the fact that such a thing as a “famous hacker” is allowed to exist. There are more than a few still on rankings and continually playing but we don’t talk about that because autoban works.

ForsakenCurse
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited January 2018
    Ladysio wrote: »
    Well it's like trying to patch a dam...they keep trying new ways to patch up the holes yet every attempt just ends up hurting the towns folk below when all they need to do is not a patch job but a full on addition of new support beams,concrete,man power and communication with said town folk to keep them from rioting. Or they just like to watch a dumpster fire burn as town is slowly washed away...

Yeah, I'm also shocked.
    How come people are still trying to fight for their rights in here? Nexon really won't fix this hackers problem, that why it's been like this 7+ years.
    lodwyvern wrote: »

The fundamental problem here is that there are players who aren’t lying about being banned for no actual breach of ToU/CoC. Continuing to insinuate it’s a non-issue isn’t exactly a healthy way to deal with the situation as well.

I also cringe at the fact that I have to type this disclaimer out, but this isn’t a personal attack, it’s a commentary on behavior: choosing to double/triple/[n]le down on the statement that ‘the bans that were made are justified’ is dishonest behavior when in the same breath it’s stated that those who were unjustly banned should seek help through support. It’s even more so dishonest when support is unable to adequately take care of every case.

I’m sorry to everyone else who is still currently falsely banned as I can’t vouch for everyone; but when 2 of Reboot’s most reputable and dedicated endgame players say that they’ve been wronged, something is probably up. But what’s the point when appeals to logic and facts don’t seem to matter because Nexon’s policy has been to deny deny deny until it’s time to admit fault?

There’s nothing right about a system that can permanently ban players on their “first offense” when no offense has even or ever been committed. There’s nothing right about the way Nexon has historically chosen to respond to false ban situations. In 2017 there were at least 2 isolated cases that had to result in a senior GM looking into a case that gained acute public exposure and it was found that those players were indeed innocent when support insisted otherwise. One of the larger situations, the kanna bans, was handled inadequately as the strategy to deny deny deny was employed. The Nova bans are still an ongoing issue 5+ weeks later and denial still seems to be par for the course.

I shouldn’t need to mention this, but there’s nothing right about me being able to spend my own money on NX and later the same day get banned without explanation or ability to be helped by support just because NGS flagged something incorrectly. It’s not right that some people who admit to having broken ToU/CoC are given their accounts back after actually being properly caught. Worst of all, specifically on the Reboot server, is the fact that such a thing as a “famous hacker” is allowed to exist. There are more than a few still on rankings and continually playing but we don’t talk about that because autoban works.

Yeah, I'm also shocked.
    How come people are still trying to fight for their rights in here? Nexon really won't fix this hackers problem, that why it's been like this 7+ years.
    They also won't fix this ban perm problem as well, for the same reason that we all already know.
  • DominikosDominikos
    Reactions: 625
    edited January 2018

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA you made my day
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited January 2018
    Dominikos wrote: »

At first, I didn't understand you, til I realized what happened with me when I tried to report someone in-game and ticket.
    100% useless, so I stopped trying and gave up.
  • ForsakenCurseForsakenCurse
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2018
    Dominikos wrote: »

At first, I didn't understand you, til I realized what happened with me when I tried to report someone in-game and ticket.
    100% useless, so I stopped trying and gave up.

Will it really be that hard for Nexon to employ a few GM's in each world to watch the tickets? when someone is reported, the GM can then teleport to the reported player and see if they are hacking/cheating or not. If so, they can instantly bann them instead of just letting the tickets pile and run a system scan days after many people have been complaining about a certain hacker.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    3f4.gif
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited January 2018
    3f4.gif

Lol, that's sad, very sad, but true.
  • HaroHaro
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2018
    =[
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited January 2018
    Haro wrote: »
    =[

Some men, just want to watch the world burn.
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited January 2018
    zehahahahaha it will never change! you don't need to be surprised at this point zehahahaha

• NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited January 2018
    zehahahahaha it will never change! you don't need to be surprised at this point zehahahaha

True that.