[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Festival Nova Box drop rate is too low

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I just farmed 100 festival boxes, with Big Spider familiar, and it took me about 6700 kills (counted by Veteran Hunter challenge).
This means that for the 250 daily boxes I would need to kill 16,750 enemies.
That seems just a wee bit too much for a daily allotment.

The NPC says these boxes can also be earned by the Legends Return event - but we don't have that event and the update notes say nothing about it being opened later in this event season.

The drop rate needs to be significantly increased, to make up for the lack of the PQ.

Comments

• HishotodoHishotodo
    Reactions: 960
    edited January 2018
    I came here to make this thread.

I think the catch here is that they're tradeable. I don't know how much they're worth in normal servers or something, but I also frankly don't care. The amount of grinding needed is absolutely too much just to meet the amount of coin we were getting in the weeks prior.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Reactions: 865
    edited January 2018
    Hishotodo wrote: »
    I came here to make this thread.

I think the catch here is that they're tradeable. I don't know how much they're worth in normal servers or something, but I also frankly don't care. The amount of grinding needed is absolutely too much just to meet the amount of coin we were getting in the weeks prior.

Them being tradeable is pointless for reboot players. Why should the normal servers have an advantage in this event over reboot players? I do hope they increase the drop rate of them or if they intend them to be tradeable, at least up the drop rate for them in Reboot servers.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited January 2018
    I really liked legends return so I want it back. I think it's a good way for nexon to do certain events. Anyway yea the box drop rate is too low. I don't really need anything from the shop anymore so I'm just doing commerci runs and arcane dailies and however many boxes I get from that is what I'll settle for
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited January 2018
    It's been passed on :)
    YinYangX
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited January 2018
    Although they are tradeable in normal servers, but since the drop rate is so bad it isn't even worth buying them from other players. The prices are set high, dragonpops were a lot cheaper, but those were also easier to obtain.

But yea I would like to see a drop rate increase for these boxes. And whether they add the Legends Return event or not, I don't really mind. But it would give 'another' option how players can obtain boxes daily. I don't mind to grind for the event coins, but I don't want to grind for a very long time to get my daily coins and especially on days with limited play times.

I am farming on my main and I hope to be able to get some coins for my Kanna too, so I can buy symbols/nodestones.

Edit: We appreciate the way we can open the Festival Nova Boxes. Type in the amount of boxes we want to open in one go to receive all the coins. Thanks, took you Nexon about 12 years to get this done.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Okhura wrote: »

Thank you.
    I hope they raise the drop rate in tomorrow's maintenance. The whole event only lasts 2 weeks, so waiting a week is a significant amount of time (and coins).
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, I thought about making this topic yesterday but ended up checking the Discord to see if people were talking about it and caught Mega saying he had already sent in a suggestion/complaint. We'll have to see how long this takes and how much we get comped. I haven't tried to really grind boxes yet but just doing all my commerci runs only netted me like 25 boxes, which is pretty awful.
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited January 2018
    In Scania, one box is being sold for about 3,000,000-4,000,000.......for ONE nova coin. Nah, not worth it. I guess they just want you to play this game 24/7 without sleeping, eating or even taking dumps. Why can't they just increase the drop rate just for event boxes so people can enjoy the event without stressing. Good lord
  • EddisEddis
    Reactions: 400
    edited January 2018
    I have 3 hours and a half collecting boxes with drop x2 and as soon as I have 115 boxes, ¿I have to spend all day playing to collect the 250?
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Reactions: 1,591
    Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    To add more stats, It takes me around 1.5h to get 250 boxes with 200% drop rate and a frenzy totem.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited January 2018
    Okhura wrote: »

...and will get back to us in the next month. Get some sleep folks.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited January 2018
    I think the logic here for why the drop rate is so low is that it's 1) tradeable and 2) 250 coins is a lot of coins to get in one day, so they gotta make it harder to reach the limit.

The problem is that tradeability doesn't matter if no one could reach close to 250 coins even if they grinded for 24 hours without getting bored. If the worry is about players selling the boxes to make a fortune, then there's no need for that worry because no one would buy one coin for 3-4 million a pop in the most popular server. Imagine how much more expensive it'd be in the less populated ones.

Before this, if you included the Dragon Pops, the daily 60 box limit, and the Winter Photo Card, you could reliably get 245 coins a day. That's just 5 coins short of 250. Depending on your drop rate, you could get 245 coins in what? 30 minutes to 2 hours? In comparison, it's now taking people about four times that amount of time just to earn about the same amount in a day. How is this logical?
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited January 2018
    Good news! The rate has been increased as of today's server maintenance
    ShadEight wrote: »
    My oh my, how quickly a month goes by
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited February 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Good news! The rate has been increased as of today's server maintenance
    ShadEight wrote: »
    My oh my, how quickly a month goes by

Thanks for the good news! Sometimes the month does go by very quickly (when you enjoy) :)

Late edit: Although they increased it in that server maintenance, the drop rate was still bad.