[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

AKradian – Mod Application

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I would say you have great mod potential, despite any possible disagreements we have had in the past. Good luck to you (i was thinking about applying till i read this)

last round of applications, i believe 2-3 were chosen

Five: AlexF, Okhura, Perceptivity, Scholar, and Slatymate.

This time, I get the impression they only wanted one - a Reboot expert. But now that Alex has left, they might get another one or two to replace him.
    So, @Petalmagic, if you feel you could contribute to the game and the community, you should apply.

Also, thank you, and everyone else who posted their votes of confidence :-)
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited January 2018
    Fully supported. You're definitely one of the more insightful people, and you have the passion for wanting this game to improve.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited January 2018
    I've known Kradian for a while now from the forums and the discord, and I would say that there's not many other people I would consider to be more qualified for a VFM position. Kradian's forwardness and honestly is something the community needs right now. We need someone to tell us stuff straight, and I can think of no better person to do so.
  • TacoLOLTacoLOL
    Reactions: 640
    edited January 2018
    You are by far the best candidate because I believe you genuinely represent the players, unlike some of the current VFMs.
  • NeonTwilightNeonTwilight
    Reactions: 860
    edited January 2018
    I fully support AKradian's application.

Same, unreservedly.
  • TimmyGMSTimmyGMS
    Reactions: 1,200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    +1, I've seen @AKradian help several players in the Official Maplestory Discord and believe is suitable for the position.
  • HishotodoHishotodo
    Reactions: 960
    edited January 2018
    This is probably the best choice for the general community. However, while I understand you know how Reboot works and have played it, I would still prefer somebody who actively plays and understands the meta in the server... The VFM:player count distribution ratio is actually just awful already, this would only make it worse (In reference to Normal vs Reboot player count).

And, to be blunt, the VFMs we have already have a bit of a vendetta against the server too. We need someone to tip the scales, while you would at most stand in the middle. You would be my top choice if this wasn't a search for a Reboot player. We need a voice from us, especially since we're half of the game's population. I hope we get more than one new VFM and you're included in it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Hishotodo wrote: »
    This is probably the best choice for the general community. However, while I understand you know how Reboot works and have played it, I would still prefer somebody who actively plays and understands the meta in the server... The VFM:player count distribution ratio is actually just awful already, this would only make it worse (In reference to Normal vs Reboot player count).

And, to be blunt, the VFMs we have already have a bit of a vendetta against the server too. We need someone to tip the scales, while you would at most stand in the middle. You would be my top choice if this wasn't a search for a Reboot player. We need a voice from us, especially since we're half of the game's population. I hope we get more than one new VFM and you're included in it.

Thank you for the vote of confidence, and I agree with you about the need for a real Reboot representative.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Hishotodo wrote: »

Thank you for the vote of confidence, and I agree with you about the need for a real Reboot representative.

To be fair, there's not much to it other than mesos being the bread and butter. There's no real "meta".
  • NeonTwilightNeonTwilight
    Reactions: 860
    edited January 2018
    I disagree that having first hand experience of the issues is mandatory or even important really. My support of AKradian's application is based on observing his (her?) conduct on the forums. I know nothing about that person's game-related info. Based on their conduct on the forum I have a firm idea that they would be able to understand and represent my own concern even if they do not share them personally, and that they would be level-headed and fair in dealing with the community.
    DarkPassenger
    edited January 2018
    I disagree that having first hand experience of the issues is mandatory or even important really. My support of AKradian's application is based on observing his (her?) conduct on the forums. I know nothing about that person's game-related info. Based on their conduct on the forum I have a firm idea that they would be able to understand and represent my own concern even if they do not share them personally, and that they would be level-headed and fair in dealing with the community.

I would also like to include AKradian isn't influenced by personal wants/opinions but rather by going through content and seeing what would need to be changed or fixed.
    NeonTwilight
  • DoKingDoKing
    Reactions: 1,455
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    In support of Akradian.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2018
    AKradian, you have my vote, good luck.
  • xVeilxVeil
    Reactions: 100
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Great guy, helps alot and as a veteran player myself i understand the amount of work it takes to soak up Maple knowledge but Akrad has the added ability to put that information across - has my vote.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Supported. :)
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited January 2018
  • rizariza
    edited January 2018
    riza wrote: »

this isn't me starting anything just stating what was stated before if all you choose to support you can do so but i cannot we need honest people with integrity and i don't believe he is it fully, before i would of supported him but now i know he isn't the right person. that is my opinion as i am entitled to one,
    edited January 2018

Plagiarized whom exactly? I've read all the Mod applications and it's nothing like the others.
    And lied about what exactly?

• rizariza
    edited January 2018

Plagiarized whom exactly? I've read all the Mod applications and it's nothing like the others.

he went and said i plagiarized in mine which if i were to look at the applications his as well as mine looks identical to arwoo's as well as a few others who actually put effort in their application as i cited above. also saying im talking about bragging and praising myself i only said lets take time to appreciate some of the great things and what i bring which was my forum and trend he had a choice to go on or stay off. now most of what im saying is most shouldn't like they aren't human and act like they can't have faults or a perfectionist you must be able to improve and admit faults which he hasn't admitted to ever. difference with me from them is im able to improve and learn, and don't act like i never faulted or made mistakes we only human. he never presented any of that or empathy instead of trying to bring great vibes and trying to relate to those he dislikes he preferred to attack which is why i cannot support you can still support wont detour you but i won't. also im not doing it for my ego or for self interest im doing it to make maple great again.
    edited January 2018

he went and said i plagiarized in mine which if i were to look at the applications his as well as mine looks identical to arwoo's as well as a few others who actually put effort in their application as i cited above. also saying im talking about bragging and praising myself i only said lets take time to appreciate some of the great things and what i bring which was my forum and trend he had a choice to go on or stay off. now most of what im saying is most shouldn't like they aren't human and act like they can't have faults or a perfectionist you must be able to improve and admit faults which he hasn't admitted to ever. difference with me from them is im able to improve and learn, and don't act like i never faulted or made mistakes we only human. he never presented any of that or empathy instead of trying to bring great vibes and trying to relate to those he dislikes he preferred to attack which is why i cannot support you can still support wont detour you but i won't. also im not doing it for my ego or for self interest im doing it to make maple great again.

You understand that Arwoo's is a template and not an official application, Arwoo has no need to apply for VFM when he's already a CM. But I think that's enough of this, ultimately it's up to Arwoo to decide. Just don't try to stir things up on actual applications, if you have something to say in response to their comments, send them private message.
This discussion has been closed.