[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hacker pretends to be falsely banned

FuschiaFuschia
Reactions: 905
edited January 2018 in General Chat
[Removed]

Guy pretends to do a run to get banned, has a known hacking program on his desktop.
This is why most people don't trust people who get "falsely banned", or why people who do never get unbanned, people like him who ruin it for the legits.
PhantomMasterThiefcheezburger85Argent

Comments

• cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited January 2018
    Fuschia wrote: »
    [Removed]

Guy pretends to do a run to get banned, has a known hacking program on his desktop.
    This is why most people don't trust people who get "falsely banned", or why people who do never get unbanned, people like him who ruin it for the legits.

I'd never EVER thought that I'd say those words but.... well.... uhm.... well... it's just.... wel done Nexon for (FINALLY!!!!) banning a hacker (hope 90% of them will get banned as well)

To those who didn't get it yet, the kid who made that youtube video have on his desktop "Terminal Manager" which is a premium (paid) hack program (botting program)
    Catooolooo
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited January 2018
    Lol, I saw that thread too.

Though, if Maple actually ran on Macs then there might be some plausible deniability since the Command Prompt equivalent is called Terminal.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2018
    The forums are not the place to witch-hunt people. Valid or not, it's just toxic behavior.

I'm aware and as annoyed as you are that hackers pretend to be innocent, but making threads to accuse others is not allowed.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    To be fair, it wasn't an accusation as names weren't named. I don't see how it was a witch hunt. If anything it should've been removed for showing the hacking programs, not for accusations.
    Lilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, the name of the hacking tool should probably be deleted from the posts in this thread. No point tempting anyone to look it up.
  • FuschiaFuschia
    Reactions: 905
    edited January 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    The forums are not the place to witch-hunt people. Valid or not, it's just toxic behavior.

I'm aware and as annoyed as you are that hackers pretend to be innocent, but making threads to accuse others is not allowed.

Only trying to help Nexon's image, but the link should have been removed since it does show the name of the program and people might be intrigued to look it up.
  • Mouse1093Mouse1093
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited January 2018
    TFW actual hackers get more protection from being potentially falsely accused than dozens of innocent players that got bopped by a robot
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited January 2018
    Bop :(
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited January 2018
    I hate people like that guy, they are the reason legit players that really do get falsely banned, are seen a guilty.

I hope they played with their real IP so nexon can keep all accounts they had played using that IP, will also stay banned.

all this did was weaken the case for people that really didnt hack and got wrongfully banned.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2018
    I have only been banned since 1/18/18 and i'm on my 3rd ticket because they keep closing them with auto responses...
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited January 2018
    Fuschia wrote: »
    This is why most people don't trust people who get "falsely banned"

speak for yourself lmao
    Catooolooo
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2018
    Again Bop!
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited January 2018
    'hacker pretends to be falsely banned...............therefore all bans are legit'

ok buddy..
    Catooolooo
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2018
    I'm on my 4th ticket and I only got banned on Thursday. Wow they really don't like me. On the bright side I got one of them to use my name!
    Pleinair
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    Btw did this guy try to submit a ticket after actually hacking from the video we saw?
    Lilyflower
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2018
    I think he did